Author Topic: Finding your spirit animal  (Read 23464 times)

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
  • You cannot open a book without learning something
Re: Finding your spirit animal
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2013, 02:16:31 PM »
Christine, I am glad as I am starting to feel that there are many of us, I seek only one, but at the moment I have yet to make that connection.

I am not sure why I am seeking a specific person, but I seem compelled to do so.

It's like everything else throughout my life; it's on a need to know basis, which comes to mind.

I seem to be a messenger, who gets instructions from time-to-time, but don't know the "big picture", which has me on edge, as in the physical world my role in strategic planning meant that I saw the big picture and the end-game.
To practice five things under all circumstances constitutes perfect virtue;

These five are gravity, generosity of (the) soul, sincerity, earnestness and kindness.
(Confucius)

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2013, 08:03:49 PM »
Catseyes, you were the name I wasn't to mention yet lol....

Catseyes is also a Gate Keeper Simon. There aren't many of those around and fewer that know they are one and their mission.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline Roma

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2013, 08:08:15 PM »
Okay I know the concept of a gate keeper but what's the context in this scenario. A gate keeper for what?

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2013, 08:33:24 PM »
A Gate Keeper can open a portal and hold it open and close it also. They are charged with responsibilities to do with that as well. I might let CE explain further.

I can open and close a portal, I can hold it open but am not a Gate Keeper.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline Baggy

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2013, 08:49:23 PM »
congratulations Simon on finding your spirit animal. From memory Dolphins can signify wisdom & compassion, a good fit for you I think.
At the end of the game the Kings & the Pawns go into the same box. - Italian proverb

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
  • You cannot open a book without learning something
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2013, 09:57:33 PM »
Thank you very much.

You have no idea how many years I have been "kept asleep" and it is only for the last few years that things have started to open up and only since I have been a member of this forum that my whole life has changed for the positive.

Christine, I am a gatekeeper then, what a wonderful surprise. Maybe things will continue to evolve for me so that I get a better understanding of why I am here.

As I write this my Otherwoldly Spirit acknowledged my ongoing evolution.

On a really amazing parallel in my previous working roles, I was also nicknamed "the gatekeeper". Go figure.

It is also great too know that others on the Forum are gatekeepers as well.
To practice five things under all circumstances constitutes perfect virtue;

These five are gravity, generosity of (the) soul, sincerity, earnestness and kindness.
(Confucius)

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
  • Felineous caticus pusspuss
« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2013, 11:47:13 PM »
I am a GateKeeper, yes.   I can and do open doors/windows across the veil.   I can hold a door open and decide who or what can cross.  IF i DON'T want you to cross then believe me you will not.   I can send nasties back to where they belong, I can also call them to me if I wish it...there is other stuff too!

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
  • Felineous caticus pusspuss
« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2013, 11:49:53 PM »
No Simon, I'm sorry but you are not a GateKeeper.   There is other stuff which I do not discuss.

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2013, 11:54:22 PM »
I believe that to be true. Simon is many things but not a Gate Keeper. Too much of what he has shared with us attests to that.

But don't worry Simon, I am not one either. I can do much of what is required but it is not in my blood as it is with Gate Keepers. You have many other abilities and nuances others do not. You can't be everything to everyone.
Douglas Adams

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2013, 11:57:20 PM »
Simon I should add the description of Gate Keeper does not refer to ones ability to cross ghosts over. That is entirely and utterly different.
Douglas Adams

Offline GaryTheDemon

• Wordsmith
  • Global Moderator
  • Senior Contributor
  • Look behind you. Now!
    • Videoscape Productions
« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2013, 12:01:12 AM »
I'm more of a doorman myself.

If you cannot love, then at least don't hate.
If you cannot help, then at least don't hurt.

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #56 on: May 10, 2013, 12:07:04 AM »
lol
Douglas Adams

Offline violet

• Wordweaving Whiz
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #57 on: May 10, 2013, 09:45:07 AM »
Much about ce makes more sense hearing she is a Gate Keeper. Thanks for what you do for us and the light ce.

Catseyes is also a Gate Keeper Simon.

Just thought I'd mention, this might be where the confusion about being a Gate Keeper arose. This sentence could be interpreted as, 'like you Simon, ce is a Gate Keeper'. The interpretation Christine meant is there too: 'as well as being the name I wasn't to mention yet, ce is a Gate Keeper'.

Also, Simon is talented and it would be no stretch to imagine he had another role :)

Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.
- Goethe

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2013, 01:59:20 PM »
When I wrote "Catseyes, you were the name I wasn't to mention yet lol....Catseyes is also a Gate Keeper Simon. There aren't many of those around and fewer that know they are one and their mission."

Catseye's is also referred to the conversation still being about Catseyes.
Douglas Adams

Offline violet

• Wordweaving Whiz
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #59 on: May 10, 2013, 05:34:27 PM »
Yep makes good sense Christine. Sorry, got a bit caught up in being an editor / word nerd.

Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.
- Goethe

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy