Author Topic: Finding your spirit animal  (Read 22861 times)

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
Finding your spirit animal
« on: May 04, 2013, 02:46:29 PM »
We all have a spirit animal according to the Indians. These animals can change for the various phases of your life.

Some animals include: snakes, eagles, hawks, wolves, bears etc, many animals you would find where you find native Indians.

The important thing with Spirit Animals or Power Animals is that you can't choose the one you want, it must choose you. Animals may appear to you while you are in dream state or meditation, or they could repeatedly appear in your life to the extent that you can't help but notice them. So start paying attention. There are a number of things you can do to explore learning what your Spirit Animal is. You can observe nature, read books or watch shows with animals and see if any "pick" you. Watch for repetitive encounters with animals, do any of them seem symbolic to you? Try Shamanic journeying with drums to see if you can get to a place where you animal greets you. Try meditating on the subject and see if any animal comes to greet you.

Animals can often come through to you in dreams as well. Not only can they introduce themselves to you in dreams but they can guide you also.

Once you have found your animal, learn what you can about it. How do the animal's traits relate to you? How does it connect to what you have experienced in your life? Is the animal trying to communicate anything to you? Is there any way it can help you? What can you learn from it?

I'd love to know what your spirit animals are.

Not too sure this quiz is accurate and don't use it to determine your animal but it might be a bit of fun:
http://www.jerismithready.com/quiz/
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
  • Felineous caticus pusspuss
Re: Finding your spirit animal
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 03:14:36 PM »
LOL.   I have a Lion as a spirit animal.  It was introduced to me in a dream as my spirit animal, so no mistakes.

According to the quiz I'm a Swan.   Of course The native American Indians would not have known of lions, LOL.

Got TC to take the quiz.  He is a wolf.   Quite appropriate I believe.

Offline Roma

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2013, 03:33:45 PM »
My feeling is my totem would be either a butterfly or dragonfly  :)

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2013, 03:44:05 PM »
You are a Lion CE, TV is a wolf I have no doubt this is true. A swan??? rofl....no way!

A dragonly or butterfly Roma....ok. I see you with another animal at some point.....any ideas as to what one?
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline Roma

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2013, 03:45:15 PM »
I'm pretty sure my prior one would have been an owl, specifically white owls. Too many strange experiences with owls when I was younger.

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2013, 04:29:42 PM »
Owls are great.
Douglas Adams

Offline Roma

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2013, 04:33:41 PM »
Amazing creatures aren't they :)

Offline GaryTheDemon

• Wordsmith
  • Global Moderator
  • Senior Contributor
  • Look behind you. Now!
    • Videoscape Productions
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2013, 06:10:24 PM »
I think mine might be an intestinal worm...

If you cannot love, then at least don't hate.
If you cannot help, then at least don't hurt.

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2013, 06:27:18 PM »
mmm GTD...with that comes much internal knowledge.

Offline deka

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2013, 09:53:19 PM »
Wouldn't surprise me right now if mine is a hawk. We often have pairs come to breed on our property then they raise their babies and head off again for several months. But there has been a pair that seem to have made this their permanent home for the past 2 or 3 years and one of them (the smaller one, which i presume is maybe the female) comes and sits in a tree in our yard whenever I'm out there, and watches.  I've had a few experiences where it sits on the fence at the front gate then flies the 500 meters beside the car all the way to the house. I just thought it was being friendly, and I never thought about it from the angle of spirit animals til I read this. Of course it probably is just being friendly! I love hawks though, they're very majestic.

The quiz says I am a wolverine. I'm just glad it didn't say the spider.. I'm NOT good with spiders!!

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2013, 10:09:18 PM »
It is more than likely that your animal is a hawk.   It is special when a wild animal allows you to share some of their lives. 

The quizzes are really generalized, like a newspaper horoscope, one size fits all.

Offline Baggy

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2013, 10:22:28 PM »
According to the quiz it's a crow...I have an affinity with a lot of different animals but none that really stand out. I might try a meditation later and see if anything comes through.
I know for my Dad it's a bee.
At the end of the game the Kings & the Pawns go into the same box. - Italian proverb

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2013, 11:40:41 PM »
I would say it is a hawk too.

Please don't listen to the quiz, it is just some fun. You need to meditate on it and do the exercise of finding the animal yourself.
Douglas Adams

Offline GaryTheDemon

• Wordsmith
  • Global Moderator
  • Senior Contributor
  • Look behind you. Now!
    • Videoscape Productions
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2013, 12:29:46 AM »
According to this I am a spider.
But when it comes to sport they didn't have a section for SUMO wrestling nor I HATE SPORT.
Also, I noted that they had no intestinal worms as animals.  Neither did they have echidnas, ants, elephants or fish.  So I am unable to feel any affection for it at all even as a joke...

No intestinal worms for God's sake - there isn't even the pretense of reality :)

If you cannot love, then at least don't hate.
If you cannot help, then at least don't hurt.

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2013, 12:40:34 AM »
Ah, maybe you need to meditate on it then. Perhaps you are a termite?
Douglas Adams

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal