Author Topic: Brisbane and Surrounds  (Read 32404 times)

Offline harry

• Newcomer
Brisbane and Surrounds
« on: August 16, 2011, 10:24:50 AM »
We have been looking for sites around Brisbane to investigate.   We have done JC SLaughter Falls, and the Gantry.   We have also done a couple of Grave yards, and are learning more an more.

We would love to try an in door investigation, and get the feel for what it is like inside.

My question is, what is available in Brisbane?   We have approached several places including:

Old Museum - Not allowing ghost hunting as it might scare off potential clients
Caboolture Heritage Museum - only allowing one group in to conducted paid ghost hunts ($30 odd dollars for 1.5hrs)
Old Parliment House, Town Hall - no investigations allowed.

So we are looking for areas to explore and to examine.
Yes we are just beginning, but are looking to try new areas, and expand our knowledge.

If anyone has any advice, or suggestions, or know of any locations we can go, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Terry

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
Re: Brisbane and Surrounds
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 11:33:25 AM »
There are dozens of things to think about before you find a venue.

So have you thought about how you are going to run your investigation first?

What gear do you have? The strengths and weaknesses of your team? Standards documents? Training for if something goes wrong? Insurance?
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline Cypher X

• Centurion
  • Turn your eyes inside out...
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 12:18:03 PM »
You might like to get in touch with Jack Sim - http://www.ghost-tours.com.au/Pages/jack_sim_details.htm

He's the resident guru in Brisbane for this sort of thing.
Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...

Offline harry

• Newcomer
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 12:24:32 PM »
Christine

Thank you.   We are still starting out, and feeling our way.   We are learning and trying to expand what we are doing, and what we are finding.   Not trying to step on anyones toes, nor are we going to become the Ghost hunters of Brisbane.   This is a hobby, and we are looking at trying new areas, and things.

We have looked at what equipment we need, and have already got.   Also we have insurance to cover for indemnity, and property etc.

We have been looking at how we are going to run an investigation, as well as documentation, and management of data.  As we are just starting, we are learning our strengths and weaknesses, and really just stirring our toe in the water at the moment.

We have been working with a couple of groups here in Brisbane to learn about the possibility of things going wrong, and also about attachments, and personal cleasning etc.

We are looking for areas where people know there is activity for us to explore and learn with.

I understand this is a different field, and not just something to jump into an treat as a game, that is why we are asking for advice and guidance.   The issue we are finding is that some of the groups up here are all about $$$.   If you dont use their gear, or include them, then they are not interested, and will bad mouth you.   So we are looking to try things for ourselves.

We have done the Jack Sims tours, and they are great, but it is about money, and about book sales (my observation)

Terry

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
  • Felineous caticus pusspuss
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 01:20:48 PM »
Terry a lot of the groups are more about money than ghosts.  We do not make money from our investigations, in fact more often than not we are all out of pocket as some places will require you to pay the wage of a security guard or a guide to stay with you.

Have you tried introducing yourself to the organisations or owners of the places you would like to investigate?  Sometimes the personal face to face thing will get you further than any letter.  If they like you they will tend to trust you.  Good luck with it. 

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 01:22:23 PM »
Also, do you have a psychic/medium in your grouop and if so,, how good are they?? 

Offline harry

• Newcomer
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2011, 02:06:09 PM »
Thank you Catseyes

No medium directly, but we have spoken to a couple, and are seeing what comes from those discussions.

I have been sending out feelers through friends and contacts for different places, but yes face to face is best.

I am not by any means looking at this for money, it is a hobby that we are exploring and expanding on.

I have a full time job, and very happy with it and the money lol

Terry

Offline Cypher X

• Centurion
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2011, 02:11:08 PM »
I joined a group once as a medium, but the girl who was running it experienced a death in the family before we did any investigations, and that brought the whole ghost thing a little too close to home and she disbanded the group. Such a shame, they were lovely people.
Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...

Offline harry

• Newcomer
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2011, 02:22:32 PM »
Cypher

Would love to chat to you more and get your insight and help if you are keen.

We are going to Slaughter falls on the 27th with the South East Paranormal group.   We went there a couple of weeks ago, and got some interesting pics, and feelsings

Offline Cypher X

• Centurion
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2011, 02:33:33 PM »
I'd be interested in tagging along for an investigation. Don't put too much stock in my abilities - I'm a bit rusty, haven't had much reason to flex those parts of the mind for a while. I guess it would be good to get out there again.

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2011, 02:44:04 PM »
From memory guys, Slaughter Falls is the place where legend says that an aboriginal girl drowned and ever since she claims any young man who goes near the water?

If you go there, please make sure you white light and are careful.........its fenced now, yes?

Offline Cypher X

• Centurion
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2011, 03:02:36 PM »
There are a few stories about that place, including one where a girl was raped and murdered. I don't know if that one is  true or not, but it has long been a place of strange lights, sounds and feelings.

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2011, 03:22:26 PM »
It's nigh impossible to properly investigate outside though.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline harry

• Newcomer
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2011, 03:30:33 PM »
Only truth about the place, that I have found from researching it, is that 8 US Navy personnel were killed during WWII when a fire set off one of the ammunition bunkers.

The story of the girl being killed after her formal by the guy and his mates, and the one about the couple killed by the bikies are unsubstantiated.   I have done some research through the Police, and deaths, and papers, and there is no solid evidence.

The one about the Aboriginal girl I havent done any research one myself.   Will see what I can find from one of the local elders.   When we were there last time, we got some strange picks of a blob behind us, and had some interesting feelings.   The KII went off around one of the bunkers / picnic areas, and my daughter felt light headed and very cold.   But it was not near the water or the weir area.

The falls area has a viewing platform there now, and fully fenced off.   the weir is still open, as is the creek.

I will find out more about White Lighting.

Terry

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2011, 03:59:38 PM »
I really feel like everyone in the group should protect themselves, so please make sure you do.   It isn't hard and it does work.  Ask C, when I feel like you need to do something, you should!

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal