Author Topic: Gledswood Homestead Lantern Light Tour  (Read 3854 times)

Offline High Priestess

• Centurion
  • Somewhere is a place I belong
Gledswood Homestead Lantern Light Tour
« on: June 09, 2005, 01:41:35 PM »
Gledswood Homestead Lantern Light Tour
900 Camden Valley  Way
Catherine Field NSW 2171
02 9606 5111
http://www.gledswood.com.au/
Life is simple..........
It's people that make it hard.

C Ferris

Offline eeyore

• Newcomer
Re: Gledswood Homestead Lantern Light Tour
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 09:44:31 AM »
My girlfriend and I went on this tour and found it very interesting...especially the wine tasting part of the tour. :D

There was a great deal of activity there on the night we went..maybe it was too cold for them...although my girlfriend did get some photos of the dam - where the children were reported to have drowned. She had some mist over the dam that wasn't there when the photo was taken.

Also in the workers hut, I had to leave urgently, I couldn't stand it any longer. While the guide was telling us about the hut I had this overwhelming smell of urine and to be honest it was making ill. It was if someone had urinated there constantly and never cleaned it up, it was horrible. No one else seemed to be able to smell it, and when I went back in there to take a photo, the smell had gone.

One word of advice on this tour, if you are tall like I am, you'll have to learn to duck or whack the top of your head on the door frames like I did. Ouch! :D

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 11:11:08 AM »
Alcohol and Ghost tours don't really mix.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline eeyore

• Newcomer
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2008, 06:25:33 PM »
The wine tasting was after the tour and it was only one small glass, so it wouldn't affect anyone

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy