Author Topic: Rockingham Cemetry  (Read 17857 times)

Offline Neptune

• Centurion
Rockingham Cemetry
« on: March 18, 2007, 11:27:24 AM »
I was reading a forum on another site once, quite a while ago, and they were sneaking around Rockingham Cemetery. On completion of their investigation they declared it the most haunted cemetery in Australia. i would love to write about what they found but i cant remember.
Has anybody in the West been to the Rockingham Cemetery and can they back up or refute this claim. ;D
Temperance Card 14.

Offline tk62

• Senior Contributor
Re: Rockingham Cemetry
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007, 02:14:32 PM »
I really don't think that a lot of spirit/ghosts hang around cemeteries, I do believe that, given most spirit want contact with the people not in spirit, often for many reasons ( to know they can, to give a message to a loved one, just to let people know they go on and there is life after death, or just to play/ in whatever way they wish), so it is feasible that when a group of people get together for the soul ( sorry about the pun) purpose of contacting spirit they/spirit would flock to this gathering in the masses and given the fact that they can possibly lead the Spirit/ghost hunters to clues as to who they are and who they wish to contact, they would go to the place of their grave, as this can help with a lot of information regarding this spirit. As spirit people are just that people in spirit, it is highly unlikely they would just be hanging around their grave for eternity, that is where their body is buried, they have no more need for it, it serves them no purpose, it no longer exists as any thing more than matter, we would no more hang onto one of our severed limbs, as would not spirit. Yes some spirit like certain places they as is said haunt, but this is far different from hanging onto their earthly body, for spirit may like a place or enjoy a special time in one of their many incarnations and there for return to that place, for what we may think is hundreds of years, but to spirit there is not time so to them it may be just a moment.
 Please do not take my views as a personal assault as this is just that, my personal view. TK
"If our personality survives death, then it is strictly logical or scientific to assume that it retains memory, intellect, other faculties, and knowledge that we acquire on this earth." — Thomas Edison

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
  • Felineous caticus pusspuss
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2007, 02:27:34 PM »
I tend to disagree to an extent TK....LOL *ducks for cover*   
I think that it depends on how deep rooted the persona belief system is before they die.  There are some people that really do believe that their body will be physically brought back up from the grave when the trumpet blows.....and I think that they can trap themselves with their beliefs when they die.  I think you do get the occassional spirit connected to certain graves, though certainly it wouldn't be a 'normal' happening.

I think the spirits that are usually contacted at cemetaries have come with the investigators for whatever reason...drop ins, in fact!

Offline PixxieQueen

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2007, 02:43:37 PM »
I am in  agreeance with tk. Spirit will make contact with their loved ones especially where the energy is high, or comfort is needed.This could explain the communication from spirit at the cemetery. As for hauntings at cemeteries I feel these could be trickster spirits taking the opportunity to perform. Not necessarily those passed over hanging around the cemetery waiting for visitors. It could also be an opportunity for a spirit to make contact with a visitor to the cemetery if the person is sensitive to this activity. The person may not know the spirit involved but if the spirit is desperate to make contact with those on the earthly plane they will do so.
 I myself have had an experience of visualization of the hands of the deceased person reaching out of the grave. I didn't know this person, but she did communicate her confusion to  me. Along with my friend visiting the grave we explained to the spirit that she has many loved ones on the other side, we sent her love and guided her through the light. i don't believe this spirit was still hanging around with the body, but i believe her guides and guardians used the image I Had seen as a means to help this spirit pass through the light.
We cannot change what others think or their actions, but we can change our reaction, that is the choice.

Offline tk62

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2007, 02:44:10 PM »
C.E this can be true as well, but these are souls that have not passed through the veil/light and returned,( and most do go through the light thus becoming all knowing, it is really a smaller proportion than we think that are as people suggest LOST ) they are among the ones that for whatever reason are in denial of their death, most likely this stems from fear, but as I said I don't believe this to be as common as is believed and yes I do think a lot come with the investigators as I was trying to say before, I do tend to mix my messages up a little.
"If our personality survives death, then it is strictly logical or scientific to assume that it retains memory, intellect, other faculties, and knowledge that we acquire on this earth." — Thomas Edison

Offline PixxieQueen

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2007, 02:49:11 PM »
Catseyes that could be a valid case too, deep rooted beliefs can effect the souls journey through the light. We can hope that their guides and gaurdians are working hard to help pass them through.
We cannot change what others think or their actions, but we can change our reaction, that is the choice.

Offline Neptune

• Centurion
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2007, 03:03:51 PM »
If a deep rooted belief in this life can affect the journey after death.............i would suggest that there are a lot of confused spirits about. Especially those that were proponents of the Muslim Faith, Buddhists, Hindu to name just a few. Maybe thats why we segregate cemeteries into different religious areas.

In coming ::)
Temperance Card 14.

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2007, 03:10:50 PM »
I have meet spirit that will not go through the light for that very reason.  In fact one resides at the hangar Christines speaks off.  This man is so convinced that the 'sin' (which he hides within himself) is so terrible that his only possible future is burning in hell.  He stands firmly in the doorway of his timy room, trying to portray himself as this big scarey personna, when in fact hes just a little scared soul.  He thinks what he has is better than burning, and he has nothing really!   Its sad...he isn't capable of seeing anything else at the moment, though eventually that will change, so for now he is stuck. 

Some souls are so tied up in their beliefs thay are incapable of letting go!

Musslums.....don't they go to a big brothel in the sky with a constant supply of 11 year old virgins?  Yeah, I know.  i admit to being religously intollerant, so don't bother!

Offline Neptune

• Centurion
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2007, 03:21:45 PM »
A couple of dozen virgins apparently but only if they martyr themselves.
I feel sorry for the situation you describe concerning the spirit trapped within his own beliefs.

Well i decided that i am going to drag my wife and daughter (Son wont have a bar of it) out to Rockingham cemetery when i next return to WA and have a poke about my self. Two trips should do the trick, one during the day and one at night.
 ;D
Temperance Card 14.

Offline leah

• Senior Contributor
  • Live. Laugh. Love
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2007, 04:54:16 PM »
I'm not arguing Neptune except to say that Buddhisms belief of respect for all living things isn't a bad philosophy.
"God, grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change...Courage to change the things I can...and Wisdom to know the difference."

Offline GypsyM

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2007, 06:31:38 PM »
Unfortunately, Rockingham is a little more than a stone's throw! But I will ask about.
It's not enough to believe what you see, you should see what you believe.............

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2007, 06:38:14 PM »
Cemetaries are always worth poking around, IMHO, reguardless of wether you are looking for spirits or not.  Its so sad, to read some of the headstones, the tragedies some families seem to go through!  Very calming and peaceful to wonder in most of the time!  (Baring the odd psycho-killer of course! LMAO!)

Offline tk62

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2007, 08:24:58 PM »
Hear hear CE

Offline lotsakids

• Super Sleuth
  • Team Researcher
  • Senior Contributor
    • Poppets Place
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2007, 08:55:34 PM »
Our cemetery is wonderful, has everything from aboriginal spearings to drownings from shipwrecks, mining, farming, and a cholera and typhoid epedemic that took 600 or so people including many children in unmarked graves, and whole families..

also had big family plots for the important settlers, mine managers and their families, sea captains, the whole lot...dating back to about 1863 I think..

its down a long treelined dirt track, just to add to the good old cemetery feel...

One day my light went out, but was blown again into flame by an encounter with some wonderful people I call friends. I owe the deepest thanks to those who have rekindled this inner light...
[inspired by Albert Schweitzer]

Offline tk62

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2007, 09:00:21 PM »
Cemeteries can be quite comforting in a bizarre way.

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy