Author Topic: The ghost of Corroboree Rock NT  (Read 4181 times)

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
  • Kanacki ceisiwr o'r ateb
The ghost of Corroboree Rock NT
« on: October 29, 2014, 01:06:30 PM »
Do some areas of the landscape retain some form of energy that make sightings of ghosts and paranormal activity more common than other places?

In 1959 this famous ghost photo was taken by Reverend R.S. Blance at Corroboree Rock near Alice Springs, Australia. This photo has been around for many years and has been analysed by experts and critics but still defies explanation to this day.

It wouldn’t be difficult to fake this photo with modern photo manipulation software but it would have been nearly impossible to do so in 1959. According to the legends of the site, the place was known for being a spot where the Aborigine tribesmen carried out terrible ceremonies in the past. According to the minister, there was no other human activity in the area at the time the photo was taken.

Unless an unintentional double exposure? The debate over the photograph remained for decades. Reverend Blance passed away in 1982. And the story of this legendary ghost photograph has been lost somewhat from the public eye over the years. But stories still persist of a strange atmosphere around Corroboree Rock.

Perhaps our oldest of Australians do know something of the atmosphere and energy that surrounds this mystical of places?

Kanacki

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
Re: The ghost of Corroboree Rock NT
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 11:52:01 PM »
I have never seen this photo. What a great find!! Thanks!
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 10:54:35 AM »
Thanks Christine. Its been a little quiet as of late and I thought some of these story with stimulate conversation on for me at least the subject of ghosts.

This story I found only by chance. In fact I have never heard of it until and found some information out about wanting to post a ghost story connected to each state.

Kanacki

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2014, 09:27:31 PM »
You've done very well. I appreciate it. Yes the board has been a little quiet. Uni is now on holidays for me so I have some spare time. CE is still going over T3. We've got some new members recently though, so it's great to have activity for them to see.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2014, 10:50:11 PM »
Thanks for the compliment always a pleasure chatting to people here.

Kanacki

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2023, 05:58:33 PM »
This story is one of fascinating stories to come out of northern territory. Real ghost haunting for just a hoax?

Kanacki

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy