Author Topic: Big Cat Sighting near Goulburn  (Read 11642 times)

Offline Lightbook

• Centurion
Big Cat Sighting near Goulburn
« on: October 08, 2014, 08:40:12 AM »
Here is a link to a recent article. I assume this sighting is recent, but it doesnt state the date of the sighting. I personally know two people who have had sightings between Goulburn and the Shoalhaven.

http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2014/10/alien-big-cat-may-be-lurking-again-in-australia/

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
Re: Big Cat Sighting near Goulburn
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 01:28:25 AM »
I would believe it. There is no way that cat in the pic is a feral house cat. There is so much bush in that area.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
  • Felineous caticus pusspuss

Offline Alien88

• UFO Whiz
  • Senior Contributor
  • Consider all possibilities
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2014, 12:54:42 AM »
Cats released into the state forest in Nowra NSW after the 2WW; is plausible to think that a breeding population can sustain itself and move great distances into both VIC & NSW while feasting on our (easy to catch) wildlife.
Light, Love and wisdom

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2014, 12:58:08 AM »
I went to a seminar by a guy from Ballarat Uni. He teaches on this. He is convinced they are out there and has proof.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline Colleen

• Senior Contributor
  • Animal Activist
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2014, 10:58:56 AM »
I certainly believe the big cats are out there, due to previous acts of dumping these precious animals.  They have to survive and I really hope they are left alone.
Stop the torture. Stop Yulin. Become the voice of animals who cannot talk.

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
  • Felineous caticus pusspuss
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2014, 12:09:39 PM »
I believe they have been here for thousands of years.  I think that cats came here with the Phoenicians and Asians as well as the Egyptians.  Boats carried cats to keep rats away from food.  Ships sink, cats are survivors and they could easily come ashore when boats docked here.  (There is a description of a kangaroo in a document listing the animals in one of the Chinese Emperors zoo's going back many, many hundreds of years.)  Ferals keep getting bigger and bigger and with a small genetic pool back then, it is not out of the question that they would grew to the same proportions of their African cousins. Then you can through the released big cats into the mix.  That is why you have conflicting descriptions and DNA from some samples comes back as domestic cat.  They are, they are just really, really big.

Other samples have come back as leopard, but media tends to ignore these, or they are deliberately mis identified.

Offline Colleen

• Senior Contributor
  • Animal Activist
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2014, 11:07:42 AM »
What you say makes perfect sense CE.
Stop the torture. Stop Yulin. Become the voice of animals who cannot talk.

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy