Author Topic: A request : Please include article text with URLs  (Read 4724 times)

Offline violet

• Wordweaving Whiz
  • Senior Contributor
A request : Please include article text with URLs
« on: January 11, 2011, 11:16:03 PM »
I humbly request that all the links posted to articles and images, be accompanied by the text.

Some reasons are, saving readers' time and maintaining interest in the post. It only takes a couple of swipes and clicks for the poster.

Perhaps there are others who would appreciate this.

Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.
- Goethe

Offline Salt Breeze

• Sea Mystic
  • Senior Contributor
Re: A request : Please include article text with URLs
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 08:31:34 AM »
Yes, I follow you, Violet. 

If texts are particular long, I generally cut and paste a few paragraphs of it.  People who are interested can then go to the link and read the remainder themselves.  This would apply only if its one link, however. 

I wouldn't say that's a perfect idea, though, when people are posting multiple links.  There would be too much text in the one post.  I'd say multiple links in one post are best just in a list.   

Offline violet

• Wordweaving Whiz
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 02:00:32 PM »
If texts are particular long, I generally cut and paste a few paragraphs of it.  People who are interested can then go to the link and read the remainder themselves.

I think this is an excellent idea.

If there are multiple links a few representative paragraphs from one of the articles would work.

Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.
- Goethe

Offline nick61

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 02:46:23 PM »
Yeah I'm afraid I'm guilty of just throwing the links up. All good.

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 11:49:50 PM »
I like to add the text too. Thanks for reminding us though.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy