Author Topic: A big 'thing' soon  (Read 19732 times)

Offline GaryTheDemon

• Wordsmith
  • Global Moderator
  • Senior Contributor
  • Look behind you. Now!
    • Videoscape Productions
A big 'thing' soon
« on: April 25, 2010, 12:25:02 AM »
I keep getting the feeling that something 'big' is going to occur soon.

Now, I have had similar feelings in the past about other things, and been right and been wrong.  So it's not necessarily the time to make out your intergalactic will.

Anyone else getting feelings?

If you cannot love, then at least don't hate.
If you cannot help, then at least don't hurt.

Offline lotsakids

• Super Sleuth
  • Team Researcher
  • Senior Contributor
    • Poppets Place
Re: A big 'thing' soon
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 01:29:44 AM »
i think something is a comin' too...not sure what, but mother earth is grumbling and unsettled, and there is just a feeling...

One day my light went out, but was blown again into flame by an encounter with some wonderful people I call friends. I owe the deepest thanks to those who have rekindled this inner light...
[inspired by Albert Schweitzer]

Offline geowolf

• Inductee
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 12:38:36 PM »
Any chance it may be linked to the ancient 2012 Maya prophecy? But even looking at geological records, the earth is generally a lot more unstable than the last 13 000 years, so we have had it lucky. The cycle is bound to change sometime again.
How do you define "normal"?

Offline GaryTheDemon

• Wordsmith
  • Global Moderator
  • Senior Contributor
  • Look behind you. Now!
    • Videoscape Productions
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 12:44:21 PM »
The whole 2012 thing is based (IMHO) on ignorance.  The Mayan calendar consists of three hubs.  It is just the outermost hub that is about to turn full circle. 

It's similar (though the time-span different of course) to days, months and years for us.  The outer hub is like a new year except that theirs spans thousands of our years.

If the world ends in 2012 it will be the biggest coincidence ever.

It does feel to me, though, that something is coming.  But I might just be getting subconsciously hooked into the hype.....

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
  • Felineous caticus pusspuss
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 12:52:46 PM »
I have has this feeling for awhile Gary.  I have had a 'Volcano feeling' for a while, which I have mentioned before.  There certainly have been lots of activity.   I have a real worry about water too, at the moment.

Offline geowolf

• Inductee
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2010, 01:03:53 PM »
The whole 2012 thing is based (IMHO) on ignorance.  The Mayan calendar consists of three hubs.  It is just the outermost hub that is about to turn full circle. 

If the world ends in 2012 it will be the biggest coincidence ever.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way. I must admit, even though I do not have any psychic abilities that I know of, I am also uneasy these days, and its not cause of the Iceland volcano. I agree with CE, I think its going to involve a lot of water. There is a huge volcano on the Canary Islands that I have heard is starting to show rumblings, and if it goes it will make Krakatoa look like something small. The resultant tsunami is expected to do loads of damage in the USA eastern seaboard, South America as well as Europe (including mediteranean), and of course the west coast of Africa. I think only places like Russia, Far East and Australia will be relatively unscathed. I saw this programme a couple of years ago, so may be slightly sketchy on the details.

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2010, 04:35:16 PM »
I feel uneasy to Gary.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline Saturn

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2010, 12:38:14 AM »
I think it might be bigger than most of us dare to imagine. I have dreams of nuclear war.

Growing up through the Russian / American cold war has probably made me a bit uneasy also, but as new nations try to become a nuclear power, new threats emerge.

Even though the past few years have been relatively peaceful, I don't see it staying this way forever. Hope I'm wrong.

I'm not about to build a fallout shelter or anything, if it comes to that we are all pretty much screwed anyway.

Offline GaryTheDemon

• Wordsmith
  • Global Moderator
  • Senior Contributor
  • Look behind you. Now!
    • Videoscape Productions
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2010, 12:44:51 AM »
I have worked out the food thing.  Lots of water and sustagen.  Even the toileting I think I have solved.  But the air...... not sure how to get something to purify the air - i.e. convert carbon dioxide into oxygen.....

Offline geowolf

• Inductee
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2010, 12:47:42 AM »
Does anyone have any idea on timeframes? Are we talking years, months, days? Just need to know if I need to buy extra underwear soon.... ;)

Offline GaryTheDemon

• Wordsmith
  • Global Moderator
  • Senior Contributor
  • Look behind you. Now!
    • Videoscape Productions
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2010, 01:05:06 AM »
I wish I knew.  These feelings come and go with me and (in terms of global destruction etc) they have generally been misleading.  I have 100% confidence in some of my perceptions but not so much in this sort of thing.  If I tell you that there's a blue demon with ginger nuts (biscuits LOL) sitting on your shoulder, then there probably is.  If I tell you that your house is about to be swept away by volcanic lava ..... don't start packing yet LOL.  Hence me desire to see if anyone else has any feelings.....

Many years ago, I had the very strong feeling that there were other-worldly beings about in my area.  It was almost tangible.  But if they were, they showed no sign of it.  Much to my disappointment. 

Offline Saturn

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2010, 05:26:55 AM »
Damn, now I'm craving for ginger nuts. :D

Offline nick61

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2010, 10:48:32 AM »
I've researched the '2012' thing too and it amuses me people ignore that there are actually Mayan calenders that stretch into the next millennium. If anything will happen I believe it will be of the nuclear kind. But I'm not worried, I'll be dead. Love the sustagen and water thing Gary. Co2 'scrubbers' are available but I don't think we would have the bits in the garage. On this matter, anyone seen that show on Discovery, it's called 'The Colony'. It's an experiment of sorts. Bunch of people, mech engineer, doctor, aerospace engineer, trauma nurse, machinist and handyman are placed in an environment similar to a doomsday scenario. Good watch.

Offline deka

• Contributor
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2010, 08:41:23 PM »
I've been watching The Colony too nick. It's quite good, and for some time now I've thought that half the population and probably more would be simply f****d (to put it in proper terms) if our world were turned upside down and modern technology fell apart. A lot of people in our cities wouldn't know the first thing about how to look after themselves and be resourceful.

Anyway to the topic... it's really weird reading this thread. I've got no real gift (that I'm aware of) other than simply being open to the realms of possibility.  However for the last couple of weeks I've been logging onto the breaking news site like I'm expecting to find 'something' and I get the feeling it will be to do with water/tsunami too.

Oh and the mayan thing... just ridiculous. That's something that really annoys me, people get fed this stuff and they believe it and don't question anything. The sooner people start thinking for themselves instead of waiting to be spoon fed what to think, do, how, where etc.. the better our world will be.

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2010, 10:52:31 PM »
We saw the colony last year. Great show.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy