Author Topic: Need Help with Emotionally Cold Workspace  (Read 7976 times)

Offline Flutterbit

• Contributor
Need Help with Emotionally Cold Workspace
« on: March 16, 2006, 02:28:37 PM »
Hey all,

I'm looking for suggestions on how to make an emotionally cold workspace/office warmer and more conducive to working.  Although the views are fantastic (beautiful bushland/farmland - rolling hills, lots of trees, some cows) and the colours in the office are nice (lilac & white), it is too restful and the ultimate effect is to put one to sleep not encourage good working habits.  I use the air-conditioner a lot - just to keep myself awake (and Mum suspects Dad does that same thing).  Dad is more often in his city office these days but I'm here 12 hours a week, trying to stay awake.

I cannot paint the walls or anything and, frankly, I'm not sure how much longer I'll be here for, so I was looking for some quick and inexpensive ways in which to change the overall energy of the room.  It has A LOT of natural light but it doesn't seem to help at all.  There are a couple of plants as well but this office is also very quiet - which would be great if it didn't add to the drowiness.  It is also, as I mentioned, emotionally cold as well.

Crystals, oils, coloured accessories - any suggestions would be helpful.  I may not be here forever but it is Dad's office away from the office.  I want to warm it up and make it better for working.

TTFN
Flutterbit

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
  • Felineous caticus pusspuss
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2006, 03:09:38 PM »
Boom box!  That'l wake you up!

Offline Flutterbit

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2006, 03:24:20 PM »
LOL - got radio - room echoes so it gets annoying after a while :D.

Offline Merrick

• Paranormal Guru
  • Senior Contributor
  • Nam Myōhō Renge Kyō
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2006, 04:38:57 PM »
Hi Flutter!

I got the distinct impression that you need more plants!!! What sort of plants do you have atm?  If they are of a pointed leaf variety - get rid of em!!! These have a tendency to zap your energy!  Replace with round leaf plants (the bigger the better - you need more oxygen!)  Also incorporate the colour gold as much as you can. How about some cushions or gold pots?

Revitalising crystals are as follows

For mental balance and clarity use Aventurine and Azurite.

Motivation use Carnelian and Citrine.

For concentration use Fluorite, Onyx and Selenite.

Cheers

Merrick :D
URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]
By far the most usual way of handling phenomena so novel that they would make for a serious rearrangement of our preconceptions is to ignore them altogether, or to abuse those who bear witness to them.

Prof. William James

Offline Flutterbit

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2006, 04:50:38 PM »
Tanks Merrick,

The radio does help for a while but because of the echo in here, after a while it starts to grate on the nerves.

Damn on the plants.  I bought some Yuccas to go in here because they're very drought tolerant.

I have a Citrine and a Selenite at home that I'll bring in and I'll look into getting the other crystals as well.

Funny you should mention gold though.  I just picked some of the dark bright yellow daisy like flowers off Dads Jeruselum Artichokes and put them in a vase next to my screen and I suddenly felt a lot better (more awake).  So, I guess I'm going to find some more goldly coloured stuff.

Thanks everyone for your help.

TTFN
Flutterbit

Offline Donna351

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2006, 05:43:42 PM »
hi FB,

Before I even started reading down, plants came to mind and what about the desk? is your back to the window? or looking out the window? I have found with my room, I had the desk pulled out and found I had energies all around me all the time, so now I have pushed it back towards the wall allowing myself enough room to just get in and the wall at my back feels like a protection barrier, I am also looking out the window which helps too, but the feeling of having your back in the open isnt a nice feeling as well, do you often feel as though something is always lurking behind you?

Offline Flutterbit

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2006, 06:02:05 PM »
Hi Donna,

My desk sits with one end against a wall.  There is a space behind me when I'm sitting at the desk but it's very small, really just enough room for the wall unit behind me and space to move my chair out from my desk comfortably.  There is a window directly opposite my desk but the blind has to stay closed because the wall unit behind me has a mirror that reflects light onto my computer screen.  Then there are another two big windows, across the office, on my right and another window next to the one opposite my desk - hence the LOTS of natural light.

It's actually not a bad room - just a very sleepy room, which is hard when I'm supposed to be concentrating and focussing on my work - which in and of itself isn't hard but can be tedious as well (archiving).

Hey!  I found some post-it notes that are the same dark, bright yellow (as opposed to the usual lemon colour) as the flowers!  Woo Hoo!

TTFN
Flutterbit

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
  • Felineous caticus pusspuss
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2006, 06:26:22 PM »
Flutter, you and I will have to go on an expedition to the Garden Center on Springvalle Road, last time I was there they had a big selection of all things crystal and rocks!  Great place to browse around!  Added bonus for those of us with an addiction, they have a coffee shop..woooowoo!

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2006, 07:54:10 PM »
hi FB,
I myself personally don't like mirrors and not for the fact that they lie LOL, more of a Spiritual nature, maybe you could just have a play with the room, move a few things around until it feels comfy?

Offline Donna351

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2006, 07:55:43 PM »
Quote from: "Anonymous"
hi FB,
I myself personally don't like mirrors and not for the fact that they lie LOL, more of a Spiritual nature, maybe you could just have a play with the room, move a few things around until it feels comfy?

whoopsie  :oops: that's me forgot to log in again  :roll:

Offline Flutterbit

• Contributor
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2006, 08:09:54 PM »
Catseyes,

Stop twisting my arm......:D

Donna,

I agree - mirrors lie :D but aren't they supposed to be good Feng Shui?

TTFN
Flutterbit

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2006, 11:15:12 PM »
A couple of things you can try,
firstly you should really get a couple of good grounding crystals and program them for the purpose of grounding as they do have other uses. Good for this are Apache Tears, Blue Lace Agate, Blue Chalcedony, Red Jasper, Black Onyx, Turquise, Smoky Quartz and Hematite if programmed correctly. Get a terracotta pot filled with dirt from a place you like and place it on the window sill if you can, or at least in the light and place the crystals on top of the dirt. Pick them up and move them around the office as you feel lead to. They like a change of scenery as well.

I am told to tell you get a small brass bell and tie a red ribbon on it. When you come into the office ring the bell as a way of dispelling any stagnant or lulling energy.

Hope that helps.

Christine
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline Flutterbit

• Contributor
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2006, 11:32:39 PM »
Hey Christine,

Thanks for your input.  I actually have a little brass bell that I can easily tie up with a red ribbon which, funnily enough, I sometimes ring cause I've had the idea in my head for years now that it scares the "evil spirits" away.  Guess I'm not as look as I silly!!!! :D

I also have some Hematite.  Just one question?  How do you program a crystal to a specific purpose?  That's one I don't know - yet.

You've all given me such wonderful suggestions.  Thanks.  I should be concentrating and focussed in no time.

TTFN
Flutterbit

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2006, 12:47:44 PM »
Hi FB,
have a read at the beginning of the Crystal Guide, it will explain how to cleanse and program a crystal.

Christine
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline Flutterbit

• Contributor
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2006, 01:56:11 PM »
:? D'oh!  Well now, don't I feel like a right git!!!   :lol: - considering I put the damn thing together for you!  You know I've read it and, in fact, I refer to it all the time.  Guess I forgot about that bit at the top :oops:.  Think I'll juuuuuuuust go and have a look now.

TTFN
Flutterbit

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy