Author Topic: Smelling roses  (Read 4923 times)

Anahera

Smelling roses
« on: November 03, 2006, 04:55:20 AM »
Ok maybe I'm just freaking myself out but I was putting some clothes away and I smelt roses.  We don't have anything that would remotely smell like roses (not even roses themselves).  I had this same experience a couple of weeks ago in my car on the way to work.  At that time I didn't think anything of it, although the thought did cross my mind that maybe it was something spiritual.  Tonight I wonder if it is my Nona or perhaps even my mother-in-law.  But I have had this experience before when I worked in a nursing Home in Chatswood before either of them passed away.  I could smell roses in different levels of the staircase, it kept changing.  Is my imagination running away from me or is it something spiritual?

Offline Aquachime

• Centurion
Smelling roses
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006, 09:09:14 AM »
Hi Anahera,

I believe it is spiritual. They say the sense of smell is a powerful memory trigger.So probably a good attention grabber from Spirit. Psychic antenna can be activated by any of the senses. I know there is a specific name for it so maybe someone will let us know. On a number of different occasions I have smelt Jonquils. That was the favourite flower of my paternal grandmother, whom I had never met but I'm told I take a lot after. It would occur at the time of year that she had either passed away or her birthday. I had no idea of these specific dates in the beginning. Another is Arpege perfume. That was from a very dear family friend whose passing I was at. Will have to tell of my mother's experience of that passing later.There have been others. The one that I don't understand was the Strong smell of wet dirt or sodden veges that was hanging around me at home in my loungeroom(lol wasn't me)No one else could smell it. It would come and go like when someone walks past.Lasted about 2 days on and off.Sometimes very faint, sometimes sudden and strong. A friend of mine told me it indicates a recently buried soul? So may have been my husband's cousin who I had only met on a few ocasions??
quot;With all its sham, drudgery & broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
            Anon, St Paul's Church Baltimore 1692

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
  • Felineous caticus pusspuss
Smelling roses
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2006, 10:18:24 PM »
I have that occasionally, but lavender!  It is, I believe, my grandmother dropping by, as lavender is concidered an old lady flower and fragrance, it tells me who the spirit is!

Offline Donna351

• Senior Contributor
Smelling roses
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2006, 10:34:21 PM »
Aqua and CE are correct, every person has a distinct smell about them and often you don't realise this until after they pass, you can be in the kitchen and get a wiff of a certain smell, it triggers a memory and is confirmation that a loved has dropped in to say hi. Often it is a fleeting visit and you will notice too that you will go to take another breath to smell and bang, it's gone. I would say that the rose smell you are getting is an elderly lady, I am also getting visions of rose petals too, whether she liked to dry them out and make those little pot pourii bags or not im not sure but she does feel very homely warm and sweet, a tiny little thing too, i am also getting an image of a cat, lap cat im being told  :wink:

Offline trust_no_one

• Newcomer
    • http://www.myspace.com/willow_enchantress
Smelling roses
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2006, 11:56:35 PM »
Absolutely true what the others day. Smell is a powerful and frequent way for those on the 'other side' to communicate. When my maternal grandma visits she leaves her perfume smell, when my maternal grandpa visits its his cigar smoke. My paternal grandma has only visited me once to my knowledge and that was on the day she died she let us know she was still around by doing a bunch of things around the house, one of which was very a la 6th Sense haha. None of which were a smell though. t_n_o

Offline Trent1

• Senior Contributor
Smelling roses
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2006, 02:08:32 PM »
agreed, all the senses can be stimulated by spirits (im intrested to experience a "taste" phenomon", oh wait, my dads cooking is definately out of the ordinary!)

but yes you can see, feel, hear and smell the evidence of spirits, its all about stimulating parts of the brain through the "psychic antenna" and though the most common is actually sound, and the most comonly recgonised is sight, smell and touch are there too :) its just yet another way for spirit to get through to you, something, as a human, you can recognise.

ps ive been smelling meat in my bedroom recently, a pleasant "nice" smell of a well cooked meal, no its not near the kitchen and no i dont cook food in my room/ theres no reason for it...
thought that was a wierd one :)
We are merely a part of the universe, in its entirety. like a leaf on a tree, in the ground, covered by atmosphere, pulled by gravity around the sun... it goes on.
We are all one.
Don't you think its time we started acting like it

Anahera

Smelling roses
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2006, 05:20:12 PM »
Thanks guys, I got a bit freaked out because I was alone, even though rationally, I know it wouldn't hurt me!!!!  Thats why I jumped online.  But the thing is, I don't want to be scared of it.  I just don't understand why all of a sudden now!!  There is no significant event occurring at the moment.  I thought it would be more than likely my Nona who passed away about a year and a half ago.  When I smelt the roses at the nursing home a few years ago, it was decidedly stronger, these last two times have been more subtle IYKWIM - so maybe they are different.  Donna you give me the creeps in a good way lol!!!  Is there anyway you can recall what colour the cat is???????

Anahera

Smelling roses
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2006, 05:23:29 PM »
OH what happened?  I replied but my post was placed above other replies!!!!!

Anahera

Smelling roses
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2006, 06:30:26 AM »
See my posts above not in the right chronological order!!!

Offline Trent1

• Senior Contributor
Smelling roses
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2006, 06:31:50 AM »
mine arent eather
sight crashed a while ago
sight wierd now
thats what i put it down to
We are merely a part of the universe, in its entirety. like a leaf on a tree, in the ground, covered by atmosphere, pulled by gravity around the sun... it goes on.
We are all one.
Don't you think its time we started acting like it

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
Smelling roses
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2006, 09:32:03 PM »
We know the posts are not in chronoligical and we are trying to fix the problem. Seems the new hosting company has a timing disparity on their server. So please bear with us wile we try to get it resolved. The ball is in their court and if it can't be fixed we will have to move hosts AGAIN.
Thnaks
Christine
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Anahera

Smelling roses
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2006, 10:22:22 PM »
Donna, you can't possibly tell me what colour the cat is? :D

Offline binds_thevampireslayer

• Initiate
  • .SmileLikeYouMeanIt.
    • .Bindss'Myspace.
Smelling roses
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2006, 08:24:50 PM »
sometimes i will be sitting on my couch or walking along the road to school alone and i smell cigarette smoke really strongly, like when you walk through a cloud of smoke in a shopping centre, or if someones smoking near you, but i will be totally alone. No one smokes in my house, and we live a fair way away from the neighbor's. My grandparents were big smokers  (aha look where it got them) so i just figure its them popping round to make sure we are behaving
.Love Kills.

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy