Author Topic: Windy Gully haunted house, or any others near wollongong?  (Read 43748 times)

Offline WGHH

• Newcomer
Windy Gully haunted house, or any others near wollongong?
« on: June 18, 2006, 03:16:02 PM »
hey, does anyone know the story behind the windy gully haunted house, or if theres any other truly haunted houses around the wollongong area, preferably south?

me and mates wanna take a video cam

Offline ***EbBiE***

• Junior Contributor
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2006, 04:36:28 PM »
Omigod, are you talking about the old house next to Windy Gully Cemetery?? If ya are, apparently, a group of satanists used to live there... The house used to be covered in the inverted pentagram and they used to do all sorts of weird (sorry we don't allow swearing on the forum) there... Ummm, dont' know any actual hauntings though, the new owners have done the place up, so maybe if you ask them nicely??  :P  If your'e going with a cam, go to that bloody cemetery... Real freaky...  :shock:  Ummm, there is an abandoned house up Mount Keira, I'm going there tonight, supposed to be haunted, ummm, down at Mullet Creek in Dapto is sposed to be haunted, Wombarra cemetery is supposed to have a ghost of a white figure walking around at night, and there is also a house in wombarra that was meant to be extremely haunted by a german soldier who hid there when he was alive, the pizza shop accross from spotlight in wollongong is supposed to be haunted, the bus stop accross the road from Windy gully cemetery is haunted, so maybe if you wait there long enough with your cam!!  :P  hhhmmm... what else... West Dapto Cemetery, I would bet money on it that you would get something there, something really strange happened there one night when I was there... There are a couple of places in Berry, depending on how far you want to go!! If I think of any more, I'll let you know!!  :D  :D  xoxo
oU cAn DaNcE, yOu CaN dAnCe,
EvErYbOdY lOoK aT yOuR pAnTs!

Offline WGHH

• Newcomer
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2006, 05:42:44 PM »
awesome, thanks a lot, we're probably gonna go to a "haunted" place next weekend, and we wanna find a place with a story behind it... anything exciting... apparently the windy gully place has something to do with the ghost of a deer? :S

what would you recommend?

Offline ***EbBiE***

• Junior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2006, 07:02:20 PM »
Ummm, I'd say stay up in Windy Gully Cemetery with ya cam for an hour or so after 9 oclock... West Dapto aswell, walk around with your cam, be really quiet (they are both surrounded by nothing but bush, so ya can hear EVERYTHING), see wat ya catch!! Even sit at the bus stop up in windy gully, supposed to be haunted by the ghost of an old woman who was killed there! Be interesting to see what ya get!! xoxo

Offline Simply Curious

• Junior Contributor
  • Did curiosity really kill the cat?????
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2006, 07:12:05 PM »
Hi guys...
***EbBiE*** I had no idea there were so many places that are haunted in the gong.  I must make the time to go to some.. except now in winter the thought is not very appealing..lol
cheers
"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes."

Offline WGHH

• Newcomer
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2006, 07:43:37 PM »
awesome, i'll talk with mates and see what they say

thanks a lot :D

Offline ***EbBiE***

• Junior Contributor
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2006, 09:47:13 PM »
No worries!! I have talked to heaps of people and read heaps of stuff about down here, so t's just a matter of finding out whether they're actually haunted or not!! I was gonna go to mt Keira tonight, but way to cold.... I havent' been out for a while!! Bed is way better!!  :P
If i find out anymore I will let you know!! Oh, and there is a mine in Wollongong somewhere, dont' know exactly which one... But, apparently if you go up the hill leading to it, you can hear the voice of a man who died AGES ago, and if you park your car it goes up the hill by itself ( :shock: )... And there is a stretch of road around here somewhere that a young girl was killed on by a speeding car, and if you speed along that road she will appear in your car and if you dont' slow down, she will cause an accident and try to kill you...  :?  I have to find out exactly where though... Keep you updated!!! xoxo

Offline chainz

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2006, 09:52:40 PM »
Quote from: "***EbBiE***"
if you park your car it goes up the hill by itself

There are many of these around the world.

Offline ***EbBiE***

• Junior Contributor
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2006, 10:05:40 PM »
I am sooooo not claiming this to be true, just telling some "stories" about the places around the Gong......

Offline chainz

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2006, 10:26:06 PM »
Yeah I'm just saying. I have heard of a few of these places where the car rolls up hill.

Offline Simply Curious

• Junior Contributor
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2006, 10:38:15 PM »
woow... I wanna know more..  :shock:
"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes."

Offline ***EbBiE***

• Junior Contributor
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2006, 09:40:55 AM »
Yeah, thats cool!! I'm not being (sorry bad language is unacceptable on this forum)y or anything, just tellin ya that this is what I've heard from around here!! Sorry!!!
Oh, and there is a small bridge on a dirt road somewhere around here that a nurse died on when her plane crashed, and if you stop on the bridge she thinks that you are in trouble and screams to you and tries to drag you out of you car...  :?  I have to find the exact locations today,I'll let ya know!! xoxo

Offline Simply Curious

• Junior Contributor
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2006, 06:35:31 PM »
Hi ***EbBiE*** :D

I have heard that there was a plane crash many moons ago, but when I tried to search on the net for it I found nothing...  :(
I heard it was on Mt Kembla area  is that what you heard?
cheers :D

Offline ***EbBiE***

• Junior Contributor
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2006, 07:28:31 PM »
Hmmm, I honestly cant' remember... I'm sorry!! I just heard that there is a haunted house on Figtree Hill... I dont' know where that it, but it is in Wollongong! I have all the locations written down somewhere, but I'll have to go diggin!! xoxo

Offline ryball

• Newcomer
Windy Gully haunted house, Nelly Train
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2006, 09:18:14 PM »
If you are looking for the haunted house in West Dapto near the cemetery, I am happy to share my story, 14 years later.
In April 1992 me and 3 friends went to the haunted house next door to the cemetery on the corner of Darkes Road and West Dapto Road.
As it has been over 10 years since I have been there I don’t know what it looks like now but it was an old house with an overturned double Decker bus inside and old bones from dead cows I think.
It started off with me and some mates hanging around the house and 1 day in 1992 an old man approached us in the Cemetery and said he had a gun in the back of his car and if he seen us near there again he would shoot us.
2 nights later we all returned at about 10:00 at night. We jumped the fence and walked about 30-40 meters into the Property. Once inside we heard a scream, we looked up and we all saw a female in a white dress about 20 meters from us, the scream went for about 30 seconds. Two of us had torches and they both blacked out. One of the boys had a knife and that fell off the handle. It all happened very quickly.
One of the boys (now a grown man) refuses to talk about what happened that night.
I did some research at the Dapto library in the early 90’s on that property and I found a record of the old "Nelly Train" story. Where in the early to mid 1900s there was a woman that lived there and she was raped and tied to the train tracks and killed, but I have never been able to find any other information on that story since.

I would like to hear from anyone that has been to that property before or knows anything about Nelly Train
Ryball…………………

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal