Author Topic: The Palace Hotel Kalgoorlie  (Read 5737 times)

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
The Palace Hotel Kalgoorlie
« on: June 20, 2005, 03:05:59 PM »
Hi everyone,
I went to Kalgoorlie last week when I had a stop-over there on my way back from Perth to Ballarat.
We went to have dinner at The Palce Hotel in Hannan Street. We were walking up the stairs and immediately I could feel a presence. We continued walking upstairs to the restaurant on the balcony and a woman appeared in front of me. She was wearing a long white dress and it had a high button up collar and long sleeves. She appeared to be quite young last teens early 20's.
At first I got the impression she committed suicide. Then I started feeling it was a love affair gone wrong and perhaps was murder made to look like suicide. The hotel was built in 1896. I would love to know what stood there prior to that.
While we were eating dinner she poked me in the back twice. Each time with two fingers, one each side of my spine. It sent chills through my body. I warned her I would send her to the light if she didn't behave.
So now I am back home and wondering about the history of this mysterious lady. What happened to her?
While I was there I asked the waitress if she knew if the hotel was haunted. She said there have been many stories but she added I was the second person to ask that tonight. Apparently a woman coming to eat int he restaurant had a door open and close on here as she was wallking in for no reason.

The address of the hotel is 137-139 Hannon Street Kalgoorlie.
I called the hotel today to see if anyone working there knew anything of the history. One lady had been there for 13 years and could only say there had been numerous reports of strange hapenings by various guests. She asked me if the woman was a maid. I would like to know what the maids wore.

Anyway, interesting place. Let me know if you know anything of the history of it.

Perhaps Taggie may know?

Christine
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline Flutterbit

• Contributor
The Palace Hotel Kalgoorlie
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2005, 06:21:37 PM »
Any follow-up on this one yet?

TTFN
Flutterbit

Offline KANACKI

• Senior Contributor
  • Kanacki ceisiwr o'r ateb
Re: The Palace Hotel Kalgoorlie
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2016, 01:50:20 AM »
Hello Christine I may have an answer for you.

The ghost you saw might be connected to murder suicide dating back from 1908. The women was only 21 years old. Her lover was 30 they apparently eloped from somewhere ending up in Kalgoolie. She it appears consented to suicide as she was shot through the left temple. And her lover shot himself in the mouth.

They died in miss Moonys bording house in Boulder. However before that they stayed in the palace hotel until their money started to run out.

Perhaps its the ghost of this young women you saw?

Kanacki

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
Re: The Palace Hotel Kalgoorlie
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2017, 02:24:51 PM »
It could have been.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal