Author Topic: Files from the Edge.....Philip J Imbrogno  (Read 12972 times)

Offline Cypher X

• Centurion
  • Turn your eyes inside out...
Re: Files from the Edge.....Philip J Imbrogno
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2011, 01:58:38 PM »
The TV seemed to be fine up until the power loss. I wonder if a digital camera/phone would have been hit with the same problem if it wasn't connected to mains.

I guess I've just had a whole lot of exposure to emergency-type situations that I can keep a pretty level head even during the nastiest experiences.

I'm not trying to denigrate your story there CE - It's just frustrating to hear all of these amazing stories and experiences, but with nothing to show. It's kinda like how nearly every ghost or UFO filming I've ever seen is shaky and low res. So disappointing. I know not everyone has a HD camera on a tripod ready to go, but still.
Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...

Offline Colleen

• Senior Contributor
  • Animal Activist
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2011, 02:32:33 PM »
I would have thought of a camera straight away, but only because I was brought up that way with a father who was a professional photographer, tripod included, always at the ready.  I never leave the house without a camera and always have one close by.  He taught me well. 
Stop the torture. Stop Yulin. Become the voice of animals who cannot talk.

Offline Cypher X

• Centurion
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2011, 02:36:31 PM »
The pluses and minuses of modern phones is that nearly everyone has a camera on them now at all times (I can't remember what phones were like in '02 :p), but those cameras are nowhere near as good as dedicated SLRs etc.
Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
  • Felineous caticus pusspuss
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2011, 03:27:34 PM »
3 women, just having seen these creatures, as far as they know, eating their dog, hmm.  You may be more cool and collected then me,  and trust me, not much scares me.   I would not be thinking, "now where did I put that tripod!"

Cypher, no offense taken.

Offline GaryTheDemon

• Wordsmith
  • Global Moderator
  • Senior Contributor
  • Look behind you. Now!
    • Videoscape Productions
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2011, 03:45:34 PM »
If it had been my dog then there'd be more than photographic evidence afterwards!!!  but not withstanding that, I eat live and breathe my camera LOL

If you cannot love, then at least don't hate.
If you cannot help, then at least don't hurt.

Offline Colleen

• Senior Contributor
  • Animal Activist
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2011, 03:57:55 PM »
It would also depend on how much shock a person was in, I guess.  Come to think of it, I would probably be shaking in my boots...
Stop the torture. Stop Yulin. Become the voice of animals who cannot talk.

Offline Cypher X

• Centurion
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2011, 04:10:35 PM »
3 women, just having seen these creatures, as far as they know, eating their dog, hmm.  You may be more cool and collected then me,  and trust me, not much scares me.   I would not be thinking, "now where did I put that tripod!"

Cypher, no offense taken.

I understand completely. Being a guy, it might be different, but if I thought a bunch of werewolves were eating my dog I'd be out there with a cricket bat :p

HOWEVER: this all being with the caveat that I have never had an extraterrestrial encounter of any kind, nor have I seen a cryptid, so chances are high that I might just curl up in a ball and wee myself.

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2011, 04:14:21 PM »
No one knows how they would react until they are placed in that situation, LOL.   I was frozen to the spot...couldn't even get enough air in to scream.   

Offline GaryTheDemon

• Wordsmith
  • Global Moderator
  • Senior Contributor
  • Look behind you. Now!
    • Videoscape Productions
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2011, 04:14:48 PM »
I have to say that, to me, all of these cryptids are only animals - in the same sense that an earwig, a dolphin and a tiger are animals.  It might be, for example, that Nessie exists and is a scotosaurus - but it's still a flesh and blood creature if you understand me.

Ditto for aliens.  They are just life forms that may or may not have similarity to me.  Yes, they might hurt me or they might impart some wonderful new gift (like juggling) but either way they are not 'magical'. 

Demons etc are another thing - which is not to say I am afraid of them per se but a different matter altogether.

So if I saw a tiger near the You Yangs or a flying saucer landed next to my car I would be excited but not terrified.  (unless the tiger was rushing towards me...)

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2011, 04:27:58 PM »
I find it interesting what people take away from reading these reports.
For me I wonder
      1.   Why did these creatures want these women to see them.  It is obvious that they did.  It was almost like they were performing for them. WHY?

2.   Why didn't the police, when they finally came, go out into the forest and try to locate the spot where the light was?  For all they knew it could have been a hunter in trouble, a car crash..what ever.  They have good flashlights.  Why wait till day light?  Could it be because they already knew what they would find?  could they already have encounter similar cases in the area?

Presuming of course it is true.  The investigator  has a good reputation.

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2011, 04:30:35 PM »
Hey Doc,  could you please fill us in on the  Humboldt Folk?

Offline Cypher X

• Centurion
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2011, 04:37:06 PM »
I find it interesting what people take away from reading these reports.
       2.   Why didn't the police, when they finally came, go out into the forest and try to locate the spot where the light was?  For all they knew it could have been a hunter in trouble, a car crash..what ever.  They have good flashlights.  Why wait till day light?  Could it be because they already knew what they would find?  could they already have encounter similar cases in the area?

From experience in a police comms/despatch centre - police tend to treat these sorts of calls as "crazies". When you're fielding an almost constant stream of calls about little blue men on motorcycles riding around the caller's apartment and stealing her cigarettes, to the lady upstairs killed God and stuffed him into a mattress, to Osama bin Laden is hiding in a submarine under the Arctic circle... a call about bright lights in the forest and space werewolves is going to get filed almost immediately.

Secondly, unless there is an obvious and specified threat to the caller, police aren't going to go tramping around in the woods late at night. If the woman had said "There is a bright light in my backyard, and three men are trying to break into my house" chances are the police would have been there very quickly.

Most of it comes down to whoever TOOK the call, and what information they elicited. Ideally, they would pan through an array of questions to try and find out what happened: "Can you hear anybody? Did you hear a crash/car engine?" etc. Ideally. I imagine in small country towns it would be a lone, sleepy person answering phone calls, and barely paying attention.

Offline GaryTheDemon

• Wordsmith
  • Global Moderator
  • Senior Contributor
  • Look behind you. Now!
    • Videoscape Productions
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2011, 06:25:38 PM »
I'd definitely report it in terms that the police could understand.  E.g. there are three yobbos outside wearing masks and I kept seeing something glinting which makes me sure they have knives.....

THOUGH I might not be so inventive at the time.

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal