Author Topic: Files from the Edge.....Philip J Imbrogno  (Read 12965 times)

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
  • Felineous caticus pusspuss
Files from the Edge.....Philip J Imbrogno
« on: July 30, 2011, 12:04:15 PM »
I have been treading this book and find it fascinating.  I have been come reacquainted with a case I had completely forgotten about, but which to me stands out for many reasons.  It is extremely 'weird'...the sighting played out over a period of time and not the usual 2 or 3 seconds.  Anyway, I will pop it here to whet your appetite, because the book is well worth reading.  I got it through Amazon.com.

APRIL 19th, 2002.
It was just after dinner and the 3 women were having a quiet evening at home.  The Grandmother up stairs listening to the radio, Margret and her daughter in the living room listening to music.  The dog Thunder, fast asleep at their feet.

Around 8, Thunder jumped to his feet and started growling and barking as if someone was approaching the property.  (Back country Connecticut, isolated from the street).  At the same time the CD player began to make strange sounds, and the music started skipping and an electricasl-like noise played through the speakers.   The noise was bizarre and both Margaret and her daughter said it sounded like  the howling or growling of some sort of animal.  At that point the grandmother came down stairs, saying that her radio had all static in it.  Margret then turned on the television set and it seemed to be working fine.  They tried the CD player again and the noise was still there so they changed CD's.  The noise seemed to get worse.  The 3 said it sounded like the growling and howling of a monster.  The dog was barking louder and then started whimpering as if frightened..  Granmother said that the sound was what was coming from her radio also.

8:15 they experienced a total loss of power in the house.  They had to use torches and candles.  It was then that they noticed a bright light coming from the swamp behind their property.  Margret tried to call the police, but the phone was dead. Margret went out onto her deck to have a better look, her dog shot out and into the swamp barking and growling.  She called him back, but he ignored her and disappeared into the swamp.  The barking growing fainter as he went deeper into the swamp.   The light seemed about 100ft away, it was a large sphere, yellow in color and sort of swirling in the middle.  She thought it was about 6ft in diameter.

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
Re: Files from the Edge.....Philip J Imbrogno
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 12:16:03 PM »
As she watched the light changed from yellow to red and pulsated. Then 3 human like figures jumped out of the light.  She could only see them as silhouettes against the light.  They walked on 2 legs, but swayed back and forth and were crouching.  The young daughter was watching from the upstairs window and yelled to her mother, which seemed to alert the creatures and they started moving towards the house.   Margret heard them growling like animals.  She thought it sounded like a dog-type growl.

As they got closer Margret could see them more clearly - hair all over their bodies- long arms almost to the ground.  Margret ran back into the house and locked the doors and windows, and closed the drapes.

The 3 women stood together in the living room, terrified.   There was a loud pounding on the back door, outer walls, and the living room picture window which faced the swamp.  The pounding was so hard they were terrified that the glass would brake.  All went quiet for a few minutes so Margret chanced a peak.  One of the creatures was standing by the window.  It was seen by all 3.  It was as tall as a man- its body was hair covered.  It had long skinny arms and claws on its hands.  Circular eyes and long pointed ears.  Its mouth was full of long pointed fangs.

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 12:23:13 PM »
The 3 women didn't know what to do. They waited quietly in the hope that the creatures would go away.  After about 10 minutes, they dared another look out from the window.Margret saw the 3 standing together in the middle of her yard.  they were pulling something apart and putting it into their mouths. Like they were eating.  Margret thought that they had killed her dog and were eating it. The creatures then ran back into the woodstoward the light and Margret lost sight of them. A short time later the lights in the house came back on.

Margret tried the phone again and found it to be working.  she called the police.   When the police arrived they could find nothing on the property and no sigh of their dog.    Interestingly, the police refused to go into the swamp and look, but said a patrol car and a detective would come by in the morning.

The dog was never found.  There was no footprints.

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2011, 12:26:44 PM »
I find this sighting very interesting.  The witnesses experienced a long duration sighting.  Were obviously terrified.   

The dog never returned and the 3 women did not believe that their dog would have stayed away if it could have returned to them as it was very loyal.

Of course the 'experts' that never left their offices, trotted out the usual suspect...SWAMP GAS!!!  Laughable!!

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2011, 12:28:10 PM »
The women have their picture window permanently boarded up.  The creatures never returned, but the women are scared that they might.

i have shortened the report a bit for the sake of my fingers....get the book, you will like it.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 12:29:15 PM by catseyes »

Offline lotsakids

• Super Sleuth
  • Team Researcher
  • Senior Contributor
    • Poppets Place
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2011, 08:18:02 AM »
sounds great..

One day my light went out, but was blown again into flame by an encounter with some wonderful people I call friends. I owe the deepest thanks to those who have rekindled this inner light...
[inspired by Albert Schweitzer]

Offline Colleen

• Senior Contributor
  • Animal Activist
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2011, 10:54:12 AM »
What a book.  Wow. 
Stop the torture. Stop Yulin. Become the voice of animals who cannot talk.

Offline Dr Baku

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2011, 12:10:44 AM »

It is very rare for the voracious Humboldt folk to reveal themselves to people they do not eat....
I was pondering the expression 'revenge is a dish best served cold'. Then I considered that 'revenge is sweet'. I now have come to the conclusion that revenge is ice cream.

Offline GaryTheDemon

• Wordsmith
  • Global Moderator
  • Senior Contributor
  • Look behind you. Now!
    • Videoscape Productions
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2011, 01:00:51 AM »
I'm afraid I lost the plot at the bit "its mouth was full of long pointed fangs" and had to buy new incontinence pads...

If you cannot love, then at least don't hate.
If you cannot help, then at least don't hurt.

Offline Colleen

• Senior Contributor
  • Animal Activist
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2011, 10:38:38 AM »
Lol....GDT you make me laugh.
Stop the torture. Stop Yulin. Become the voice of animals who cannot talk.

Offline Cypher X

• Centurion
  • Turn your eyes inside out...
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2011, 01:20:01 PM »
Why does nobody take photos or video of this sort of thing? Personally, if I had 3 space werewolves hanging around in my backyard for more than a few seconds, I would be filming that stuff.

I'm not outright doubting the story, but given a couple minutes I could spin a tale just as fantastic.
Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...

Offline GaryTheDemon

• Wordsmith
  • Global Moderator
  • Senior Contributor
  • Look behind you. Now!
    • Videoscape Productions
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2011, 01:24:05 PM »
I guess if it nobbled all the electrical equipment, then the chances are that the video and cameras wouldn't work either...

Offline GaryTheDemon

• Wordsmith
  • Global Moderator
  • Senior Contributor
  • Look behind you. Now!
    • Videoscape Productions
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2011, 01:25:30 PM »
ps. that was the good thing about old-time cameras - they were purely mechanical and thus couldn't be stuffed up by intergalactic killjoys...

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2011, 01:31:17 PM »
Why does nobody take photos or video of this sort of thing? Personally, if I had 3 space werewolves hanging around in my backyard for more than a few seconds, I would be filming that stuff.

I'm not outright doubting the story, but given a couple minutes I could spin a tale just as fantastic.

Having had the experience of unexpectedly coming upon a cryptid, I can tell you the last thing you think of is taking  a picture.  3 woman trapped inside their home, unable to ring for help,  your kidding yourself if you think your first thought would be for a camera.

Wether you believe or not, is your choice,  don't blame people for not taking photos.  There still some of us around who don't even know where they left the damn things.  You don't want to know how many cameras I have lost over the years.  I hardly ever take a picture.

Offline GaryTheDemon

• Wordsmith
  • Global Moderator
  • Senior Contributor
  • Look behind you. Now!
    • Videoscape Productions
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2011, 01:53:01 PM »
I would though, pretty certain of that.  Taking photos is my first inclination with 'bugger, where's my camera' being the second ....

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal