Author Topic: Unusual experience in Bairnsdale  (Read 16544 times)

Offline ad65

• Junior Contributor
Unusual experience in Bairnsdale
« on: June 24, 2011, 02:58:11 PM »
Hi everyone,

I had a very curiouse thing happen to me quite some time ago.
I was visiting my father, who at the time lived in Bairnsdale, my
stepmother, father and I went to lunch at one of the Hotels
in Bairnsdale (I can't remember the name of it)
Once there, we sat down to look at the menu and
I then decided I needed to use the bathroom. I went up the
flight of stairs and turned left to enter the ladies room.
( I will try not to drag this out, I am hoping someone can give me
an idea of what happened to me.)
I entered a cubicle, and I also heard someone else walk in. Once
finalising my business, I walked out of the cubicle and noticed that
there was no-one else in the bathroom. All of a sudden I was overcome
with a tremendous sensation of heat, I was so hot I literally laid my
face on the floor tiles to cool down, I felt so weak but knew I had to get up,
and this was an incredibly hard thing to try and do. I raised
myself up from the floor, feeling like I had to summon my entire strength. Feeling really out of it I went to open a door that was there to let in some cool air.
I opened the door and infront of me I saw nothing as I was expecting a balcony, if I had walked any further I thought I was going to fall down to the pavement so I closed the door immediately. I was trying to maintain my breathing and kept feeling dragged down. I eventually regained my
composure and all I could think about was appearing normal infront of my father, I was waiting for him to notice something, but he didn't notice a thing when I sat down
Can someone here give me an idea of what might have happened? as it was the most frightening experience I have ever had and it has been bothering me for years.
Thanks for reading.
ad65

Offline deka

• Contributor
Re: Unusual experience in Bairnsdale
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 08:54:42 PM »
hi ad65, was that at the Grand Terminus? I have heard stories about that place from people who worked there and it's apparently quite haunted.

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
  • Felineous caticus pusspuss
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 10:04:44 PM »
Was this your only psychic experience ad65 or have you had other less intense happenings?

You may have been picking up feelings and the experiences of a past event. 

Toilets seem to be a favorite hangout for spooks, LOL..  I have often found something lurking around the cubicles. 

Offline violet

• Wordweaving Whiz
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2011, 08:20:51 AM »
That sounds like an overwhelming experience! If it were me I would've visited a doctor to rule out a physical cause. Did you consider doing this?

Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.
- Goethe

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2011, 10:23:40 AM »
Wow, you must have been desperate to lay down on public toilet floors.

Good to see you again ad...
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline ad65

• Junior Contributor
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2011, 04:38:59 PM »
Hi Guys,
It's good to be back!
First I would like to address the questions:
Deka - I am kicking myself not being able to remember the name of the Hotel. I did some internet research on the hotels in Bairnsdale, but didn't find out much except there was a hotel called the Former Albion Hotel which apparently had it's balcony removed many many years ago which I found coincidental and the hotel closed down back in 1986. I'm 46 now and my experience happened when I was in my early twenties. I would like to find out more about the Grand Terminus I know the hotel but I cannot be sure if this is where it happened.
Catseyes - This experience was pretty much the biggest I have ever had and hope to never have again LOL. I have always been interested in Paranormal Phenomena, I have a stack load of DVD's, books etc.. but what you mentioned is interesting with regards to where these entities like to hang out!
Violet - My presence of mind is pretty solid, and I have no physical ailments that could have contributed to what happened. To be honest I just wanted to forget about it and at the same time I am really curious on what happened as I have heard and read stories of these types of experiences happening to others, especially those who have psychic abilities.
Christine - I was so desperate to cool down as the heat I was feeling was insane! I felt like I was burning up and the physical weakness I experienced is indescribable. In a way I am glad no-one walked in whilst it was happening as I would have looked a little weird I'd imagine. I knew I desperately had to get up from the tiles, I wasn't afraid as such just desperate to get my strength back because it was being sucked out of me, and I have always wondered if I came into contact with spirit and if so, I would not wish it on anyone.
Would anyone know where I could find out more about the Grand Terminus? I am now intrigued by the history of this hotel because if it is heavily haunted, it maybe the place where it happened.
Thanks for your comments guys, it really means a lot and if anyone can furnish me with any more info that would be great.
Peace and love to you all....speak soon
ad65

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2011, 04:49:28 PM »
I wonder if there was a fire in the Hotel.

Offline lotsakids

• Super Sleuth
  • Team Researcher
  • Senior Contributor
    • Poppets Place
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2011, 05:10:43 PM »

just found this....not necessarily related, but fires in hotels did happen..

DESTRUCTIVE FIRE AT 
BAIRNSDALE. The Argus sat 25th April 1891

A HOTEL AND THREE SHOPS BURNED
DOWN.
BAIRNSDALE, FRIDAY.
The Commercial Hotel and the three adjoin- ing premises in Main-street, Bairnsdale, were completely destroyed by fire early this morn- ing. The hotel and furniture and stock were insured in several offices to the extent of £2,300, the two adjoining shops for £100, and the third was uninsured. The origin of the fire is wrapped in mystery. The hotel has had more than one narrow escape previously. It was a very old wooden building.

One day my light went out, but was blown again into flame by an encounter with some wonderful people I call friends. I owe the deepest thanks to those who have rekindled this inner light...
[inspired by Albert Schweitzer]

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2011, 05:58:49 PM »
thats what was going through my head lotsa

Offline nick61

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2011, 07:50:26 PM »
Seems like something residual, and lotsa's detective work seems to confirm it. Just to play devil's advocate, the burning feelings paired with the inability to move sometimes are symptoms of a panic attack(which by the way could of been a reaction to some paranormal type stimuli). Interesting to say the least ad65.

Offline ad65

• Junior Contributor
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2011, 11:14:25 AM »
Hi Lotsakids,
Thanks very much for digging up the info, I would also like to find out from Deka where I can read about the stories
related to the hauntings in the Grand Terminus hotel. It's impossible to find anything on the internet.
Hi Nick61 it possibly could have been something residual, I like to keep an open mind but as I mentioned to the guys
earlier, I have never had an experience like this before or after the event. If I had some kind of a panic attack, it
was the first and last time of that type of attack occurring, and twenty odd years down the track, I have never had
another experience like it.
ad65

Offline lotsakids

• Super Sleuth
  • Team Researcher
  • Senior Contributor
    • Poppets Place
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2011, 12:35:13 PM »
ad, that info was just something random that I found, I dont know what was built onsite when that hotel burnt, maybe it was rebuilt, maybe not, and there was no mention of anyone dying etc, it was just a snippet i came across, so probably not related to the plece you stayed, but you never know

One day my light went out, but was blown again into flame by an encounter with some wonderful people I call friends. I owe the deepest thanks to those who have rekindled this inner light...
[inspired by Albert Schweitzer]

Offline ad65

• Junior Contributor
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2011, 10:10:27 AM »
No prob' lotsakids it was very interesting none the less.
Nick61, I actually looked up the symptoms of Panic Attacks and yes I will say that some of the symptoms were similar to what I experienced, so you may have something there, maybe my experience wasn't paranormal at all but a psychological malfunction, as I mentioned I was having lunch with my stepmother so that could bring on all sorts of chaos LOL.
The only thing that freaked me out was hearing someone come into the toilets, I heard no footsteps but I did hear the cubicle door beside me close, so whilst I was having this experience, I thought the person would come out and assist me, but no-one was there.
Peace and love
ad65

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2011, 12:16:00 PM »
You may have had a panic attack caused by the phenomenon you experienced!

Offline ad65

• Junior Contributor
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2011, 04:07:22 PM »
Thanks for your input everyone, very much appreciated.
ad65

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal