Author Topic: Sth. Freo  (Read 4304 times)

Offline jarnsaxa

• Centurion
Sth. Freo
« on: June 13, 2011, 08:49:13 PM »
Hi guys :D Was fortunate enough to get a quick look in at the old Power Station the other night! :o How creepy!! :o Supposed to be highly active.Heard some footsteps,couldn't get pictures or film,unfortunately but I intend to plan a longer visit,SOON. ???

Offline nick61

• Senior Contributor
Re: Sth. Freo
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 08:55:47 PM »
Cool j, is the power station still being used at all?

Offline GaryTheDemon

• Wordsmith
  • Global Moderator
  • Senior Contributor
  • Look behind you. Now!
    • Videoscape Productions
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 10:39:21 PM »
Hate to be a kill joy, but it must be asked.  Did you have permission for entry?  If not then you are running a huge risk - not only in terms of trespassing but in terms of health.  Apart from obvious problems (holes, asbestos etc) there could be other risks which may result in serious health damage and unless you have permission to be there then you cannot sue or even claim any damages.

If you did have permission, of course, all the above is happily irrelevant (or not, depending on the conditions of entry etc)

If you cannot love, then at least don't hate.
If you cannot help, then at least don't hurt.

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
  • Felineous caticus pusspuss
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 11:09:41 PM »
Gary..there is a new trend apparently, called 'Creeping' where people go in the night into abandoned or disused properties. 

Not saying Jarnsaxa is a creeper, LOL, just that is apparently becoming fashionable.

Offline GaryTheDemon

• Wordsmith
  • Global Moderator
  • Senior Contributor
  • Look behind you. Now!
    • Videoscape Productions
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2011, 11:35:45 PM »
Not a new trend CE, it's an old one called trespassing.  As long as people do no damage, I have no real problem with them going into such places except for the fact that there is a real risk to their safety.  So I have to ask :)

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
  • Felineous caticus pusspuss
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2011, 11:38:07 PM »
I just saw 'creeping' mentioned on a paranormal program so when you posted it reminded me.  lol

Offline nick61

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2011, 03:57:04 PM »
It's all a bit like Scooby Doo to me.

Offline jarnsaxa

• Centurion
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2011, 04:56:02 PM »
The building is not being used at all and is frequented by security.No,I didn't have permission for entry,but I didn't go inside.Just stayed outside,as it is located on the beachfront,until you enter through the gate you are still on crown land,which means public access.I am always extremely cautious wherever I go and will not take risks. :o I have no alterior motives except to satisfy my own curiousity,I'm not there to damage or vandalise anything at any time,I don't feel that I am doing any harm at all :)Various people have applied for permission to enter but have been continuously turned down and of course the more you say "no",makes you want to do it more ;D I'm aware the place is riddled with pcb's and a face mask is an item I always carry,get to go to loads of really dusty places ;)
I admit I'll take more risk if I am on my own,but nothing I don't give a great deal of thought to prior.When with others,their safety and comfort is my main concern.

Offline jarnsaxa

• Centurion
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2011, 05:09:02 PM »
Call me a 'creeper'.It's only another label. ;D :   Isn't that what we do when out on a hunt,'creeping' around taking photos or filming? :D Not going to be out there crashing and banging around,that's for sure :o I know not everyone's intentions are good but I have no desire except to experience for myself 8)

Offline GaryTheDemon

• Wordsmith
  • Global Moderator
  • Senior Contributor
  • Look behind you. Now!
    • Videoscape Productions
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2011, 06:20:40 PM »
Nick - I loved Scooby Doo but wished that just once the ghosts would turn out to be real :(

Jarnsaxa - glad you are careful - I didn't think for a minute that you were a mindless yob intend on damage.  I'd just rather have you on the forum as a flesh-n-blood rather than as a spook LOL

Offline nick61

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2011, 06:28:24 PM »
Yes, Scooby Doo should be compulsory literature at school.

Offline jarnsaxa

• Centurion
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2011, 08:09:48 PM »
Thank you Gary,for your sincere thoughts and kind words.The world would be a much better place if there were more people in it like you.

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2011, 08:41:40 PM »
So were you on crown land or land that belongs to the power station?
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline jarnsaxa

• Centurion
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2011, 10:43:03 AM »
Stayed outside the fences,on crown land.I think if the place is so highly active,there's no need to enter,should be able to pick up something from a well chosen vantage point.

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal