Author Topic: Paranormal Investigators Workshop - Camden - South West NSW  (Read 14638 times)

Offline chaney

• Junior Contributor
Re: Paranormal Investigators Workshop - Camden - South West NSW
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2011, 11:31:32 AM »
Not my cup of tea however salt did make a good point - there is a market out there for these types of courses and yes, people will pay this sort of money just for a quick overview. Maybe it might be time for some short community college type of courses for the public.
I've been looking in the mirror for so long.
That I've come to believe my souls on the other side.

Offline Sare3333

• Newcomer
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2011, 06:33:08 PM »
Wow…didn’t think this post would get those kind of comments…

Oh well, I did go and here’s my review for what its worth:

•   Debbie Malony wasn’t involved in this event. She did a once off story for Channel 7 promoting some show and they used the Studley Park location. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t like Debbie very much at all, but I don’t know her personally so I’m not going to bag her out.

•   The workshop was excellent. It covered range of issues and topics and included group discussions. What I found most valuable was the knowledge of the person running it (Attila) and the experiences of those who attended. Some were investigation groups who have been investigating for over 10 years.

•   The investigation was an excellent way to end the day. I’m a person that learns better by doing, so cementing what was learnt during the day was really valuable.

Overall, I recommend it. I liked Attila Kaldy’s style – open and informative with a dose of humour. He has been investigating the ufo’s and the paranormal for approx 10 years and is only too happy to assist anyone who needs advice.

Regardless of how much experience a person has doing this, I don’t think everyone knows everything there is to investigate (which is what he also stated on the weekend). Having an event such as this to point a lot of people in the right direction, and even in the long run perhaps raise the standards of those out there who chose (or have chosen) to do this, is a definite plus. I’ve been looking for something like this for approx 2 years now.

The workshop itself did give you an overview of the relevant areas. There are many investigation events/tours that just get you to walk around with equipment and don’t actually provide any basic ground work as to what is involved (or how to scrutinise your experiences). I would really like to see events like this more often. Not only from an educational point of view, but also from a networking point of view.

There are some dodgy people and organisations out there – I agree, yet I feel it’s pretty judgemental and sad that others are so ready to put events down without even knowing the people running it or are even going to them.

Unless there is a governing body that has an established national code of ethics that runs accredited training (or community training as previously mentioned), then events such as this is all we have right now. And if events like this are good quality (which this one was in my opinion) I would rather support it.

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
  • Felineous caticus pusspuss
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2011, 07:50:58 PM »
I'm glad you got something out of this Sare.  I do know Atilla, in connection with UFOs, though not in person.  He is a reputable person in my opinion.

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2011, 08:39:12 PM »
I have had some dealings with him too and have found him quite good in those dealings.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline Salt Breeze

• Sea Mystic
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2011, 08:11:04 AM »
Attila is a member here, or was.  He used to put up some interesting posts, from memory, or interesting links, regarding UFO's. 

It's good that you were happy with your experience.  As with all things, you take from courses whatever it is that is meant for you. 

I think people judge Debbie Malone by the way she presents herself.  She has willingly placed herself in the public eye, and has made some rather absurd claims which she could not back up.  Not knowing her in person, we can only form our opinions of her, based on what she says and presents in the public arena.  Much like the way we judge politicians. 

I don't know any politicians either, but I can form an opinion based on what they 'put out there' regarding their philosophies.  And that is what they intend us to do.   If Kevin 07 says he'll have computers in all the schools by a certain date, and then doesn't deliver.  I can form an opinion.  If Debbie Malone states publicly that she has 'tangible proof' of something supernatural, and then doesn't deliver, then we have a right to form an opinion of her, based on claims she makes.   

As for what she is like personally, I wouldn't have a clue.  She has not put herself into the public arena to make friends with all of us.  She has put herself there as some kind of expert on particular things, which I don't believe she is, and I know others here don't either.  It's in that sense that we make our comments about her.   She might personally be the best friend anyone could ever have, but that's not what she is 'selling' to the public, and she can therefore expect to be judged - based on what she is 'selling'.

IMHO.

Offline violet

• Wordweaving Whiz
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2011, 01:54:14 PM »
No-one can teach a lifelong passion or a calling. But learning can be enjoyed by everyone regardless of their interest's intensity. I think you make a good point Sare about education raising standards in this pursuit.

I think what can be understood from the responses to this post is, be very careful with whom you associate, however fleetingly. Reputations are contagious.

Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.
- Goethe

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2011, 10:38:24 PM »
I got his message on facebook from someone apparently on Attilas team.

KathyMessenger Wspr February 15 at 10:25am Report
I am shocked, sitting here last night Spirit says there is judgment going on, when I asked where a lady messaged, asking how Attilas course went, I said awesome, I have been investigating over 25 years and still this course excited me. Your members should be taught respect, orb chasers with nets is what we were called, and they are members of a web site called spookspotters? and orbs is in your investigation area? To attack Attila in such a way is a huge disappointment to alot of people. You can say this is a forum and people have a right to their opinion..how many of them KNOW Attila personally? To assume this was done with Debbie Malone?...Why am I writing this,,,obviously this is your site, so you are the one to point out concerns to,

I must point out we think Attila is fiine with the dealings we have had with him. No idea what this woman is talking about to be honest. Sounds like someone here is telling tales but only including half the information.

If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2011, 10:41:26 PM »
My response

we didn't attack Attilla at all. In fact we complimented him. Have you even read the thread?I have no idea what you are referring to when you mention orbs in our investigation area. Sorry. We do have a section for false positives. Is that what you are referring to?

we didn't assume it was done with Debbie Malone. In fact we said we hoped it wasn't. It turns out it wasn't. I suggest you upddate your information before launching attacks based on incorrect assumptions.

I have had a few dealings with Attila and found him very good.

By the way we referred to debbie Malone as an orb chaser with a net. You really need to get your facts straight.

Douglas Adams

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
  • Felineous caticus pusspuss
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2011, 10:46:20 PM »
The orbs with nets was made by me in reference to Salty wondering what you could teach in such a short time frame...it was meant as a joke.....people are so touchy!

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2011, 11:10:14 PM »
The omwn has gone off half c0cked CE, she didn't even read the whole thread.
Douglas Adams

Offline Salt Breeze

• Sea Mystic
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2011, 09:34:14 AM »
Good response Christine.  And you're right.  No one attacked Attila.  I actually said he had put up some interesting posts, and in fact I used to respond to his post in that way.  He also put up some interesting links, and I found them interesting too. 

I think this is someone just acting off their own bat.  In so doing, they are somewhat demeaning Attila, by making it seem that he can't speak for himself, and needs to be protected by other people hurlling abuse in what they wrongly perceived was an attack on him. 

Offline violet

• Wordweaving Whiz
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2011, 09:00:49 PM »
When I said, be careful who you associate with, I was thinking of the venue. But I stand by my statement, which was general.

Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.
- Goethe

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal