Author Topic: Daylesford Ghost Tours starting April 2010  (Read 35569 times)

Offline violet

• Wordweaving Whiz
  • Senior Contributor
Re: Daylesford Ghost Tours starting April 2010
« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2011, 07:04:21 PM »
Ooooh maybe Lucien is in for a double dose then.

When are the convent tours starting again?

Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.
- Goethe

Offline GaryTheDemon

• Wordsmith
  • Global Moderator
  • Senior Contributor
  • Look behind you. Now!
    • Videoscape Productions
« Reply #61 on: January 10, 2011, 07:05:57 PM »
I went to the convent so find a ghost.
I found Nun.
he he he .... just joking.

If you cannot love, then at least don't hate.
If you cannot help, then at least don't hurt.

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
« Reply #62 on: January 10, 2011, 07:08:16 PM »
lol..

Tours start again the last saturday in March through to last saturday in October at this stage.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2011, 09:00:20 PM »
These pictures were kindly supplied by Rusty from Mysterious and Unexplained. He came to our last tour at the convent and grabbed these interesting shots.

http://www.paranormal.com.au/images/A2011012.JPG

http://www.paranormal.com.au/images/A2011013.JPG

We don't have any explanation for these shots.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
  • Felineous caticus pusspuss
« Reply #64 on: January 27, 2011, 09:28:42 PM »
I get all sorts of zaps from these two pics, but that maybe because I picked up on so much when I have been there in person.  I'm probably tainted because of that.  The second pic really looks like someone sitting on the pew,  LOL.   Now the guys will come up with a perfectly logical reason for this.  ROFL

Offline lotsakids

• Super Sleuth
  • Team Researcher
  • Senior Contributor
    • Poppets Place
« Reply #65 on: January 27, 2011, 09:52:13 PM »
the bit where it looks like someone on the pew, i think is the plasterwork on the wall in the corner..if you look on the side of the doorframe you can see where it starts, and there are also some patches of repair work on the side wall too..must have a look next time

One day my light went out, but was blown again into flame by an encounter with some wonderful people I call friends. I owe the deepest thanks to those who have rekindled this inner light...
[inspired by Albert Schweitzer]

Offline GaryTheDemon

• Wordsmith
  • Global Moderator
  • Senior Contributor
  • Look behind you. Now!
    • Videoscape Productions
« Reply #66 on: January 27, 2011, 10:34:50 PM »
My considered opinion earlier was that the one of the 'table' was reflected light.  The other mystified me.

However, I have come back to them and have the following opinions.....  which might be right or might not.

There is clear indication of double exposure which often happens with a 1 sec exposure and flash.  Allowing for this and the point where the main flash occurred, I think it's likely that this is essentially light pollution from the flash.  IMHO.  (I'm sorry though that the image on the screen is not so clear in showing this as when I blow it up on my mac..... if you look closely at the two blue circles, the larger clearly shows a duplicate image of the table while the small actually does show a duplicate image of the corner which has reflected the flash.  Flashes, by the way, often do pre-flashes before the big ones to aid with focus etc and red-eye reduction.....

This one flummoxed me.  I had no explanation of it.  Only now I notice that (as highlighted) there is actually banding which matches the lines of the pew.  Furthermore, when I look at the light breakup in the picture, it seems consistent with a diagonal movement of the camera (which explains the banding which are pew tops).   

To be sure, I broke the image into Red/Green/Blue.  If it was as I thought, then I'd expect to see much of the image in the red channel, slightly less in the green and nothing in the blue.  That was exactly what I found.

So I must (red faced) own up to the fact that I have to put this down to camera movement and flash. 

Of course, it IS possible that the light sources were not related to the flash - that is just one explanation and hardly a 100% guarenteed one at that.

I'd make one suggestion for future photographs if possible - tripod.  If we can rule out such effects then what's left will stand up much better as being paranormal....

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #67 on: January 27, 2011, 10:44:08 PM »
Ah... I see.....
Douglas Adams

Offline lotsakids

• Super Sleuth
  • Team Researcher
  • Senior Contributor
    • Poppets Place
« Reply #68 on: January 27, 2011, 10:47:52 PM »
Gary, I noticed rustys camera did have the multiple flash thing going on..2 or 3 smaller ones before the main flash...now I know what they are for..lol..

One day my light went out, but was blown again into flame by an encounter with some wonderful people I call friends. I owe the deepest thanks to those who have rekindled this inner light...

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #69 on: January 27, 2011, 11:09:55 PM »
didn't that take 4 pics in a row?
Douglas Adams

Offline lotsakids

• Super Sleuth
  • Team Researcher
  • Senior Contributor
    • Poppets Place
« Reply #70 on: January 27, 2011, 11:35:24 PM »
if i remember rightly there were a series of flashes then only one click...so i think it was only taking single shots..but you'd have to ask rusty

Offline GaryTheDemon

• Wordsmith
  • Global Moderator
  • Senior Contributor
  • Look behind you. Now!
    • Videoscape Productions
« Reply #71 on: January 27, 2011, 11:45:59 PM »
It's certainly a common thing - many cameras  use the flash as a focussing aid.  It's also used to help reduce red-eye.  When the shutter speed is 1/100 then you are less likely to notice any of these effects but if the shutter speed falls below 1/60 there's always a risk.  It can actually make for some brilliant photography of course. 

If I'm shooting in these sorts of situations (and I am able to) I use a tripod and a timer of say 2 seconds.  That gives me plenty of time to be hands off when the shutter goes.  I also make sure I turn off red-eye reduction also.

As cameras get more sophisticated, there can be other issues too.  Some will adjust the contrast and brightness based on what it *thinks* is a good picture.  When that happens, the results can be less than satisfying.  As a general rule I try to turn off anything that the manufacturers thinks is a great feature LOL.

My new camera shoots full spectrum which means IR and Whitelight.  This means I can tripod it and shoot a scene normally as well as in IR and be able to compare the results - pixel for pixel.  It also means I can shoot three images - IR, IR+WL, WL which can be very interesting in terms of the paranormal.  NOT that I've really had a chance to try yet.  AND I want to find a good IR spotlight....... the little ones I've seen in Jaycar don't seem to have much ooomph behind them :(

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #72 on: January 31, 2011, 09:32:51 PM »
Anyone from the forum keen on doing a ghost tour of the Convent? I thought it might be nice for a bunch of us to do it together.

Douglas Adams

Offline GaryTheDemon

• Wordsmith
  • Global Moderator
  • Senior Contributor
  • Look behind you. Now!
    • Videoscape Productions
« Reply #73 on: February 01, 2011, 02:18:54 AM »
I'd love to.  Not sure when but I am keen....

Offline violet

• Wordweaving Whiz
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #74 on: February 02, 2011, 10:03:28 AM »
Yes, I'm keen. Might be a trick to coordinate the husband and the babysitters but I would love to go, I wanted to do it last year!

Plus it would be wonderful to meet a few more from this lovely group :D

Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.
- Goethe

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal