Author Topic: Daylesford Ghost Tours starting April 2010  (Read 35591 times)

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
Re: Daylesford Ghost Tours starting April 2010
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2010, 10:29:26 PM »
No way would I say THAT! rofl
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline cheekychick

• Newcomer
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2010, 09:57:32 AM »
OK so are orbs spirits or not - sorry I watch Most Haunted too <dunno>

Offline Salt Breeze

• Sea Mystic
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2010, 10:50:53 AM »
In my opinion the orbs that people refer to in photos are not spirits.

There are spirit lights, however, but they don't show up as circular blobs in photos.  In fact I'd say you'd be very lucky to ever catch one in a photo at all.

Eg.  When I was down in the Haunted Vaults below Edinburgh, Scotland, I saw a beautiful blue spirit light several times.  Yes it was round, but it was not an orb, and try as I did, I did not catch it in a photo. 

Orbs in photos can be anything from dust, to moisture, to a bug, who knows what.  Just ordinary stuff that happens to be there, and shows up in the photo, as do specks of dust and so on.  Eg.  Down in the Queen Mary, in the belly of the ship, there's lots of rust particles in the air, and consequently, the 'orbs' in photos are all red....... because they're red rust particles.  In fact there's so many that some of my photos were ruined by these red dots. 

I don't profess to be an expert on orbs.  This was just my opinion, and I hope I haven't offended anyone who does believe orbs are spirits.  Each to their own. 

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
  • Felineous caticus pusspuss
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2010, 11:08:19 AM »
Totally agree with Salty.

Offline GaryTheDemon

• Wordsmith
  • Global Moderator
  • Senior Contributor
  • Look behind you. Now!
    • Videoscape Productions
« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2010, 11:41:07 AM »
in 99.9999999999999999999999 percent of cases, orbs are nothing to do with spirits.  and i haven't seen that .00000000000000001 percent yet.

If you cannot love, then at least don't hate.
If you cannot help, then at least don't hurt.

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2010, 07:20:49 PM »
Orbs are not spirits. Possibly the only excception to that is in a sterile environment with other supporting evidence, not possible for the avergae punter. As I said, do a search on here on this forum for orbs and false positives to learn more.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline violet

• Wordweaving Whiz
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2011, 10:54:12 PM »
The convent is thrilling to visit.

My husband Stephan and I explored the convent yesterday on Christine and lotsa's recommendation. Now I would like to join a tour even more. Here are my jottings about our impressions.

+-+-+-Bad Habits cafe-+-+-+
The coffee and Moroccan orange cake were superb... Steph and I both felt lumps in our throats and I felt constriction and some pain around my throat.

+-+-+-Entering the gallery-+-+-+
I felt a jolt of dislike when I first heard ambient Frank Sinatra / Dean Martin through the gallery speakers.

+-+-+-The nuns' cells-+-+-+
We were tipped by Christine to touch the window in the unfurnished cell. For me the furnished cell had presence. I felt claustrophobic and constricted in the chest in both cells. The unfurnished cell had me breathless but I had just walked up the steep stairs. Steph felt vibration touching the window.

+-+-+-Room adjacent to nuns's cells, with fireplace-+-+-+
Walking through the middle of this room, we both felt pain in our right arms. The views are enormous and so beautiful. My ears blocked sitting opposite the fireplace admiring them.

+-+-+-Chapel-+-+-+
This was the clearest experience for me. I heard a single soprano chord from a choir. It was distinct, eerie, and quite different in tone from the gallery music.

+-+-+-Museum-+-+-+
We disliked the diving staircase and both strongly felt we shouldn't be in this room. Steph and I also strongly felt we were much too big for the room--a logical impression given we are both tall and the ceiling was low. It was a very uncomfortable space, we felt unwelcome.

My impressions were, it felt like a 'man's room' (i e not for me), a powerful person's room. I felt I was being cheeky sitting in the chair furthest from the fireplace. The table gave me a sense of cold, important, perhaps petty people making businesslike decisions.

Steph's thoughts were, it was a small man's room, 'like a leprechaun's cave'. He wondered where the leprechaun's treasure / gold was--he felt something valuable was missing and had belonged to the small man.

+-+-+

Neither Steph or I would claim to be sensitive but the place seemed vibrant to us. I wanted to dismiss many of the physical sensations as unfitness, coffee buzz etc. but when we left the convent they vanished. I'd be interested to know if we picked up anything in common with the experts.

Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.
- Goethe

Offline lotsakids

• Super Sleuth
  • Team Researcher
  • Senior Contributor
    • Poppets Place
« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2011, 10:58:11 PM »
wow violet.. both your impressions of the museum were very fitting..interesting to me in particular was the something valuable missing that had belonged to the small man

One day my light went out, but was blown again into flame by an encounter with some wonderful people I call friends. I owe the deepest thanks to those who have rekindled this inner light...
[inspired by Albert Schweitzer]

Offline mgb

• Centurion
« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2011, 11:15:26 AM »
Thanks Voilet for your synopsis of the convent,

I get that strange sickly feelings too in there and it leaves me when i exit the premises also.....

I am thinking I would love to join a ghost tour there with C, but I think I might be too chicken (bok bok) LOL.

mgb.xo
“I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.”
 Mother Teresa

Offline violet

• Wordweaving Whiz
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #54 on: January 07, 2011, 01:27:00 PM »
Hehe I know what you mean mgb, I am a big chicken too. I feel safe with Christine there though! She doesn't put up with any truck from anything.

I'm intrigued too about the small man's missing possession. Do you know what it is or is this a new idea?

Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.
- Goethe

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2011, 08:36:31 PM »
Wow to both Violet and Stef. I can't believe you say you aren't particularly able to pick up stuff that mediums and psychics struggle with. You are very accurate!!! VERy accurate!! We didn't give you the detaiils so you will be blown away.

Janine do you want to tell them ? lol
Douglas Adams

Offline lotsakids

• Super Sleuth
  • Team Researcher
  • Senior Contributor
    • Poppets Place
« Reply #56 on: January 08, 2011, 08:51:17 PM »
well, what stood out for me most was the 'little man' in the museum...and the valuable thing he lost

our psychics pick up a priest as 'owning' this room..he looks at it as his domain, he is not terribly friendly, especially toward women, whom he refers to as 'girlie'...whether he had this room as his in life or whether he has claimed it as his after death is not really certain..but he is there now, and he insists the chair at the end of the table is his...

from memory he was quite tall in stature [please correct me if i am wrong]..but from what i have gathered he had little man syndrome..

the fact that he was tallish is interesting because you made comments about the size of the room compared to your heights...

there were probably things discussed in that room..he probably thought he was pretty important in the scheme of things....and no doubt things were discussed there

now the thing that was lost....was a ring he wore on his finger....a gold ring with a ruby, the story is that it fell off his finger one day while conducting a sermon..and while all and sundry looked for it, that ring was never found...

so there you go...

One day my light went out, but was blown again into flame by an encounter with some wonderful people I call friends. I owe the deepest thanks to those who have rekindled this inner light...
[inspired by Albert Schweitzer]

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
  • Felineous caticus pusspuss
« Reply #57 on: January 08, 2011, 09:24:47 PM »
*clap, clap*  very good!

Offline violet

• Wordweaving Whiz
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2011, 06:01:49 PM »
I knew it! Steph has some psychic ability. I believe his parents do too.

Steph often makes decisions that he can't explain, based on intuition and he is always right. (Very annoying sometimes hehe.) His parents have an uncanny knack for casually being in the right place at the right time.

You might have suspected Christine after he sensed the gate / checkpoint at the airport. He said later he caught a glimpse of the way things were, like the past overlaid on the present. For anyone who doesn't know, I could not see any notable evidence left of the checkpoint.

- Goethe

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2011, 06:56:15 PM »
I know he does too and so do you. I see it.
Douglas Adams

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal