Author Topic: Brisbane Arts Centre - ghost investigation 26 June 2010  (Read 6752 times)

Offline Sare3333

• Newcomer
Brisbane Arts Centre - ghost investigation 26 June 2010
« on: January 07, 2010, 09:40:45 PM »
Hey all,
I've booked myself to go to the Brisbane Arts Centre ghost investigation on 26 June 2010.

This is the company who runs it and a number of other places around Brisbane.
https://bookings.ghost-tours.com.au/products.asp?Category_ID=332

I'm flying up from Sydney to go - thats how bad I want to do this kind of stuff  :)

Anyway, would be cool to know if anyone here might be going too. I would love to go to all of them but my transport is limited and the Arts Centre is right in town.

Cheers,
Sare

Offline JulieD

• Reiki Lightworker- Wiccan Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • Senior Contributor
    • Macedon Ranges Olde Town Tours
Re: Brisbane Arts Centre - ghost investigation 26 June 2010
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 12:52:17 PM »
This may have been the company I did the Boggo Jail tour with in 2003.  I really enjoyed it.

Look for the light in everyone you meet.
You may be the only person that ever sees it.

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 07:42:13 PM »
A 3 hr investigation???
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline Sare3333

• Newcomer
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 09:40:32 PM »
Christine: Yeah 3 hours. I can imagine they break it up and rotate groups and stuff. For my first ever 'official' attempt at doing anything like this (focusing on investigations) I thought I would start small :-)

There is one group of Para investigators that do the Melbourne Jail from like 10pm to 3am. Would love to do that...just money and time that restricts me at the moment.

JulieD - I hope its the same people. Because these guys are paranormal investigators and do this kind of stuff all the time, I want to see it all in action (an investigation ie set up equipment etc) instead of watching on the TV all the time.

I'll definitly write up a review when done too.

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 11:19:48 PM »
Don't bother with Melbourne Jail, those guys are terrible and the place simply isn't that haunted.

What sort of equipment do they use? What protection methods?
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline skye131924

• Junior Contributor
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2010, 11:06:20 AM »
I'm interested.  I see if i can drag a few friends along as well.  Where will you be staying?  the performing arts centre is pretty easy to get to where ever you stay :)

Offline Sare3333

• Newcomer
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2010, 07:36:26 PM »
Christine: thanks for the heads up with the Melbourne jail one. Thats a shame as it looks kinda good. I'll take your word on it though.

For equipment, I understand they will be providing some EMF's and digital recorders for the evps but I will be bringing my own Mel Metre EMF detector (first time to use on an investigation). There is mention about using a 'communication board' on these things, which i'm still unsure if I want to partake in. Never done it before...
As for protection - there isnt any mention about what they do on their website. There is mention of them using dowsing rods and pendulms, so they may do something. I know that I will protecting the s**t out of me! he he he  :D. If there is something I am anal about - its being grounded and protected.

skye131924: I dont have anything booked as yet.... I was going to wait for the dates to become available on lastminute or wotif in a couple of months. Any recomendations are welcome!

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2010, 08:35:28 PM »
We wasted a stack of money hiring the place privately with them to do an investigation there with them. It was shocking and they treated people so badly. One of their team members was so disgusted with their behaviour she quit. We lodged complaints with National Trust and everything. It was really bad.
Douglas Adams

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal