Author Topic: My sighting, for the new comers.  (Read 2210 times)

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
  • Felineous caticus pusspuss
My sighting, for the new comers.
« on: November 17, 2009, 05:20:17 PM »
For those who are new,  this was what I experienced.

Hi Paul, just stumbled onto your site and thought you might be interested in my sighting. I have posted it on the The Australian Yowie Research site quite a few months ago so forgive me if you have already read it. It was in August around 2 years ago now I think, and it was a dark night,very little light. I had been out to the local Buxton Pub, near Marysville (Vic) for a meal with my husband and daughter, I was not drinking as I was driving.

As we were leaving we picked up our next door neighbor and dropped him off at his house and stayed for coffee. The time would have been around 10 oclock when we left there. My husband was standing at the car talking, so I left them and started to walk back. I was dressed all in black and it was dark so I probably wasn't easy to see, I got about 3/4 of the way up the hill to our cabin and decided to wait till my husband bought the car up the driveway on the other side of our property as it was very dark near the cabin and I couldn't see the step that I knew was there.

I waited very quietly for a couple of minutes when our 4-wheel drive came up the driveway and my husband turned it in a clearing so he could reverse the rest of the way up. The reversing lights through out enough light that I could see the step, when out from under the cabin shot a black puma, it didn't see me i'm sure because it did a little back-take, kind of movement when it passed within about 3 feet of me. I saw it for the time it took to pass me and disappear into the bush on the other side of me but I did see it long enought to realise it was a very large cat-like animal, it looked to be black in the reversing lights, but I suppose it could have been a very dark grey, as the light was pretty bad.

My husband saw what he described as a extremely large cat walk past our cabin while we were still in the process of making it livable so that would date it to about 5 years ago. We were staying in a caravan down towards the bottom of our property, which is very hilly and is covered in bracken and scrub. He thought it looked like a cat but about the size of a kelpie. What I saw was I think bigger than that, though it is hard ot estimate the exact height as I was standing on a slope and it was above me.

This winter passed my husband was staying on his own in the cabin, again in August, when he was woken by this god-awfull screaming and the sounds of fighting, As he was unarmed, and alone he said there was no way he was going out on his own to see what it was, but in the morning he found a wombat dead and half eaten in our driveway. He didn't look for paw prints as he wouldn't know the difference between a cats and a dogs anyway. I know there are dog packs in the state forest and we almost back on to this. We don't know if a single dog could bring down a wombat, but my husband said he didn't hear anything that sounded like a dog pack. We have a friend who has also seen this cat in the full beam of her headlights one night on a back road in the same area.

http://uqconnect.net/~zzpclach/bigcatwitnesses.htm

Offline rainman

• Senior Contributor
Re: My sighting, for the new comers.
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 01:04:16 AM »
Wow, great story CE.  I am definately coming up your way for a weekend, or a month or two... ;) :)

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal