Author Topic: Blue Mountains - NSW - Ghost tour/Investigation  (Read 25412 times)

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
  • Felineous caticus pusspuss
Re: Blue Mountains - NSW - Ghost tour/Investigation
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2011, 06:21:02 PM »
I don't think I will bother with a tour then

Offline Jugstar

• Inductee
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2011, 08:50:45 PM »
I don't think I will bother with a tour then

It was last November (2010) when I did the tour. I dont mean to scare anyone off from the tour, it really does come down to personal experiance. Maybe I went on a bad night. There was dinner included with the tickets and that was sensational! I went back and did the day tour of PA the next day including Isle of the Dead and that was a great day out! I got to explore some of the areas we went to on the ghost tour but it just isn't the same during the day time. The goal there is one bloody spooky place! If anyone is planning on going to Tassie I can highly recommend the Battery Point(lower hobart) Ghost tour. Only around $20 a head and the people who run it are really friendly and have a genuine intrest in what they are doing. You can find that tour on face book under "Ghost Tours of Hobart and Battery Point".

Offline Jugstar

• Inductee
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2011, 08:53:11 PM »
That was meant to be gaol not goal.....lol

Offline Salt Breeze

• Sea Mystic
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2011, 07:46:27 AM »
Don't you just love the Isle of the Dead?   The stories about it are a hoot too.  When I was there, a lady did the boat tour over there, and she was brilliant with her story telling.  It was also a really pretty island when we went there.  They'd just done some landscaping and planted lots of flowering vines which were in bloom.  The flowers took the edge of what would otherwise be a rather ugly and gloomy terrain. 

I'd go there just for that tour during the day.  I don't think I'd bother with a night tour that could end up being disappointing.  But actually, you can wander around all over the site in the day, and there's a lot of 'spooky' and fascinating places to see that way.  Over at the Commandante's Quarters they had a person on duty who gave what was basically a 'free' tour of the building, and that was intriguing. 

There's also another part you see on the way to the Isle of the Dead - Port or Point Puir (spelling?).   It was the boys prison on another island at PA.  Apparently it's very haunted, and so many odd things went on there that they decided not to have it open to the public anymore.  It looks like a spot that would be good for a Dracula movie set.   From memory, the boat sailed around it, on the way to Isle of the Dead. 

Offline Salt Breeze

• Sea Mystic
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2011, 07:50:09 AM »
As I recall, we visited PA just over one year after the massacre.  I'd been to PA at various times, and had eaten at the Broad Arrow Cafe where all the people died.   It used to be the only place to eat, before they built the large building there.  Nice little cafe.  Just a shell is left now, with the bullet holes in the stone walls, in memory.   

Offline lotsakids

• Super Sleuth
  • Team Researcher
  • Senior Contributor
    • Poppets Place
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2011, 08:21:54 AM »
Robi did the PA tour last year with his school..he was the last in line and got to hold the lantern..he said it was great, and very spooky..he felt like he needed to be watching behind him all the time...but thats the viewpoint of a 15 yr old..lol..

he wants to go back and do it again

I have a great book somewhere on the Isle of the dead, it documents all the remaining headstones and has stories of the people buried there..a father and son spent time there a few years ago, and documented everything, because the headstones were gradually disintegrating and they wanted to document what was left at the time;.

One day my light went out, but was blown again into flame by an encounter with some wonderful people I call friends. I owe the deepest thanks to those who have rekindled this inner light...
[inspired by Albert Schweitzer]

Offline Salt Breeze

• Sea Mystic
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2011, 09:50:45 AM »
On the night tour we did, we were standing by a tower thingy which had a spiral stone staircase.  May have been part of the old church, I can't recall.  Several other folk and I heard distinct footsteps on the stone stairs in the tower, and we thought it was someone from the group who'd gone up there for a look.  As I recall, we weren't really supposed to go up there because of the danger of tripping etc. in the dark. 

Long story short (because I know there's a post somewhere else about this experience).....  We all stood around, thinking that one of the group was still up there, so there was no hurry to move on.  However, no one came down those stairs!!   No one had actually gone up there.  At the time, the tours there were not in the habit of 'creating' spooky rubbish (not sure what they do now), so it was not a set-up, and wasn't someone hiding up there to give us a fright.   

I share Robi's viewpoint about looking behind him.  It's a marvellously creepy place at night.  I can imagine a group of teenagers having a great time.  I was looking around all the time, not because I was scared, but because of the general 'feel' of the place, and I hoped to 'see' something. 

The Isle of the Dead has some wonderful old headstones.  Some of the graves are the 'above-ground' type.  Can't think what you call them -  Where the coffin is inside a concrete container, sitting on the ground.  Others are hidding down amongst the trees.  The did good stone work too, because most of the headstone inscriptions are quite clear. 

There's a marvellous story about a guard who was on duty on the island.  He regularly did overnight stays there.   They probably still relate this story on the tour.  Anyway... having no mobile phones or two-way radios, the idea was that if the guard had some kind of emergency, and needed someone to come to the island, he had to light a signal fire.   He did this one, night and when they found him he was a panicking wreck, and was babbling about having seen 'the devil himself' on the island that night.  He never resumed his island duties and never went back there. 

Offline lotsakids

• Super Sleuth
  • Team Researcher
  • Senior Contributor
    • Poppets Place
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2011, 09:54:03 AM »
robi said that tower was part of the church and the stairs go up to the bell tower..and its blocked off so people cant get up there..

One day my light went out, but was blown again into flame by an encounter with some wonderful people I call friends. I owe the deepest thanks to those who have rekindled this inner light...
[inspired by Albert Schweitzer]

Offline Salt Breeze

• Sea Mystic
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2011, 10:00:30 AM »
Yes, that would be it.  Probably a good thing that its blocked off now, because I think someone from the past is still wandering around up there.  Rofl.

Offline Freckles

• Initiate
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2014, 04:31:20 PM »
I took my eldest daughter on the BM ghost tour last weekend for her birthday.

Like most things the places you go to are dependent on the weather and this time bush fire damage (risk of falling trees) so we couldn't go to the pits/ wells.

Pete gave a lot of information and history but I'm more one who likes to just wander and feel out a place. We got the most activity at the last 2 places of the tour with footsteps at one and also male voices talking from upstairs in the last place which had a hidden room which was the only thing I found unsettling. Something bad had happened there, the vibes were so strong.

2 women ruined it for me as we had the least time at the last 2 stops and they both jumped and screamed when things started happening, turning on their torches and leaving the buildings.

A big question, why go on a ghost tour if you're scared of what you might encounter? I'd never go on a tour of tall buildings as I am scared of heights it just doesn't make sense.

We also protected ourselves before the tour then smudged ourselves afterwards not that we felt anything had attached.

I'd recommend the tour once daylight savings is over and having a closed group of people you know only on it. Also maybe talking to Pete beforehand about what you'd like most so time was given to where you wanted to work/ study most.
Wisdom begins in wonder....... Socrates.

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2014, 12:29:51 AM »
Good feedback, thanks.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal