Author Topic: Do we have spirits??  (Read 22046 times)

Offline GaryTheDemon

• Wordsmith
  • Global Moderator
  • Senior Contributor
  • Look behind you. Now!
    • Videoscape Productions
Re: Do we have spirits??
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2014, 11:29:51 PM »
You need to get a cheap video recorder and leave it running.

example on ebay

or a video camera if you have one - but something that can run for a reasonable time.

If you cannot love, then at least don't hate.
If you cannot help, then at least don't hurt.

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2014, 12:10:16 AM »
Have you tried setting up a voice recorder or video recorder and leaving it to see what happens?
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline Lightbook

• Centurion
« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2014, 02:58:18 PM »
Sounds like you have some very fascinating stuff going on.
In regards to the electronics going on and off;
I once had an experience with a poultergeist whose activity became increasingly loud and interfering. I eventually asked for help from a friend of a friend and they gave me the advice that the entity just wanted to be recognised and that if we started to just talk to it it may be content and stop being a nuisance.
So we just said goodbye to it when we left the house and hello to it when we came home and all nusiance behaviour stopped.
I cant help wondering if the same tactic might work for you.
Cheers

Offline GaryTheDemon

• Wordsmith
  • Global Moderator
  • Senior Contributor
  • Look behind you. Now!
    • Videoscape Productions
« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2014, 04:27:05 PM »
Personally, I regard seances as ticking time bombs.  In the hands of the experienced, they are safe - in the hands of the 'untrained' they can be a problem.

I regard ouija boards as thermo-nuclear bombs hidden in multiple places with random time settings and encased in sensors aimed to detonate if you touch, go near or even think about them.  So, for me, there is a world of difference.  The only good use for a ouija board, in my opinion, is target practice with a .44 magnum (if you don't have a quad barreled elephant gun handy)

Offline Rookie

• Inductee
« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2014, 07:52:39 PM »
We do talk to them regularly, sometimes thanking them for turning the TV on, like happened a couple of times as we went to bed saving us from doing it.... And we ask them regularly not to disturb the kids in their rooms. They do seem to focus on the kids. When my step son is away at his fathers on weekends or school holidays, his bed gets messed up sometimes. When my wife goes in she makes comments to them that we miss him too.

I've never done anything to try and record what has gone on because I thought I read on this website that any attempts to record may be seen as an invite. But if it's ok, I will give it a go. I won't invite anything, just set up a recorder and see what happens.

Thanks for your ongoing comments. So far, none of this activity worries us at all. It's spooky at times but not particularly scary. In fact, during the recent quiet time, I mentioned to my wife that I missed the activity. Maybe they heard my comments and decided to make their presence known? Our concerns have only ever been about if they are disturbing the kids at night.

Offline Lightbook

• Centurion
« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2014, 09:37:41 AM »
I understand about missing it. After me and my wife at the time began to talk to our entity and its nuisance activities stopped I must confess that I missed it. Partly because I was fascinated by what I was seeing (objects being hidden, sudden appearance of watery puddles, smoke coming out of the walls, incredibly loud noises), but also but the entity was no longer easy to detect. I could sense its presence at times, but missed its interaction with the physical world. Like your experience I didnt find it scary as at no time did the presence feel malevolent.

Offline Rookie

• Inductee
« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2014, 03:40:54 PM »
Latest update, my son was in the bathroom, flexing his muscles to himself when all of a sudden, the towel next to him flicked right up. We think it was our friend letting him know he was there whilst my son was clowning around!

Offline GaryTheDemon

• Wordsmith
  • Global Moderator
  • Senior Contributor
  • Look behind you. Now!
    • Videoscape Productions
« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2014, 04:00:51 PM »
Have you tried setting up a voice recorder or video recorder and leaving it to see what happens?

Offline Rookie

• Inductee
« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2014, 10:35:39 AM »
No Gary. Reading some of the stuff on this forum, I thought that would be like inviting spirits, never knowing what you are going to get. Would leaving a camera on or voice recorder be safe from that perspective?

Offline GaryTheDemon

• Wordsmith
  • Global Moderator
  • Senior Contributor
  • Look behind you. Now!
    • Videoscape Productions
« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2014, 06:07:58 PM »
I don't think leaving a video (or voice) recorder running is an invitation (thought I sometimes do that and I do actually invite things although they usually seem to have other comittments elsewhere cos I get nothing!).  I'd just leave one turned on and forget it... then check the results afterwards.

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
« Reply #55 on: December 18, 2014, 11:27:52 PM »
No it isn't an invitation. It is merely trying to capture what might be there already. Just don't say come and be in my video and you should be fine.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline Simon2

• Senior Contributor
  • You cannot open a book without learning something
« Reply #56 on: December 23, 2014, 10:50:55 AM »
Rookie, a video and voice recorder is not an invitation, although talking to your spirits is an invitation to stay and may also attract other spirits, who are close by, so please be careful and ensure your protection procedure is carried out on a regular basis.
To practice five things under all circumstances constitutes perfect virtue;

These five are gravity, generosity of (the) soul, sincerity, earnestness and kindness.
(Confucius)

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal