Author Topic: Do we have spirits??  (Read 22225 times)

Offline Rookie

• Inductee
Re: Do we have spirits??
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2010, 08:15:06 PM »
More happenings.

Last night, my wife and I were sitting in the lounge room when I saw a shadow travel in the corner of the room. I looked behind me to determine if there was a light source and something to make it happen. Our son was in bed and the cat sitting in front of us.

I was a bit anxious to ask my wife if she saw it but didn't want to alarm her so i looked at her and she said to me, "I saw it".

This morning, at the same time as usual, 5.30am, our son called out. He had seen the little boy again for the 4th time.

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2010, 09:09:27 PM »
Shadows are very common.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline Rookie

• Inductee
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2013, 02:58:56 AM »
WOW, more than 3 years since I posted last on this.

We still regularly have things turn on, like the TV in our bedroom just as we go in for bed, we usually watch TV in bed and it seems something helps us out by turning it on for us as we enter.

The biggest thing we have had happen is over the last 8 months or so, my wife, myself and my mother in law have each seen a figure in our hallway. We always see things moving out of the corner of the eye in the hallway, but in this time period, we have ach once seen this figure. When I saw him, a him is the impression I get, he is a shadow in the distinct shape of a human, average height with no other features. He moves away from us and around a corner at the end of the hallway. We have each only seen him once. My mother in law and I have seen him during the day and my wife, in the early evening as she was making dinner. She actually called out to me that there was someone in the house before realising it was probably our special friend.

We have also had a daughter, who is now two and a half who is always seemingly talking to and pointing at someone. Maybe just a child's imagination, maybe not.

It doesn't bother us at all. I was quite excited when I saw it.

Offline MsChief

• Newcomer
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2013, 09:53:56 AM »
Hey Rookie, it sounds like you have a portal somewhere and you are getting visitors.  My house too has a portal, and I get many different visitors.  Some good and some bad.  My visitors don't tend to hang around for long, they move on.  I too have had a variety of spirits, women, men and children of all eras.  I know where my portal is, so in that spot, I cover it with love.  I have my pet guinea pigs there.  This may sound truly odd, but sometimes in that area, it can feel very daunting.  I do know that in that spot a man hung himself, and I was told that is how the portal was created.  Some spirits I do not wish to encourage, so I do not speak to them and they are fine with that.  Some I can not ignore.  Recently I had a spirit of a young boy, and he would follow me, but hind from me.  I would catch him hiding behind behind doors and sneaking a peak at me. . . . like he was playing a game of hind and seek.  I saw him a few times dash past an open door way.  Sometimes we would get this strong perfume, or the smell of cigarettes (we don't smoke and we live on acreage).  Our smoke detectors (no batteries) would go off every time I cooked, and that was as soon as I turned on an element with no pot or pan yet.  So jokingly I always used to threaten "the lady of the house" I used to call her, that I would sage her if she kept it up.  If it is a portal, you will get used to it. 

But be also aware, you need to learn about protecting yourselves (mainly your step son) from the "nasties".  Please tell your step son, that if any nasties turn up, he is to scream at them as loud and as heart-felt as he can to go away and that they do not belong there and are definitely not welcome.  He has to be firm.  There are many ways to protect yourselves, and I am sure this forum will give you plenty of advice on how to do so.

It is nice to put a name to a spirit (ie grandmother), it makes us feel loved and protected.  For your wife's sake I hope it is her.  Rookie you seem to be warring with with idea.  You are not ready to confirm you have a spirit in the house, yet you want it to be grandma, and you are looking for confirmation.  We all have spirits around us, they are everywhere. 

Please protect the boy, he is the most vulnerable.  Good luck.
It's not just spooks that hide in closets . . . . .  this  medium does  too.

Offline Rookie

• Inductee
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2013, 04:33:26 AM »
As I have probably written somewhere in the post, we have used white candles and telling the spirits to leave him in peace, which seems to settle things down for him in his room. As far as anything else that goes on, we aren't too concerned. WHilst the recent sightings have taken us back a little, nothing is scaring us or making us feel uncomfortable. We have considered following the advice on here to cleanse or clear the house but, if we do have spirits, we don't want to upset them if it doesn't work and it really just doesn't bother us.

We have had a couple of theories from psychics about who is there, no names, but I feel it is a man and a boy. Oh, that's something I don't think I have mentioned, a couple of years ago, my wife started hearing a child calling out Mum. It's definitely not one of our children because she hears it when my step son is away and it started before my daughter could speak. I heard it once in our bedroom and said to my wife, "Is that what you hear", to which she replied it was. A clear voice calling "mum". It hasn't actually happened in a while but was fairly regular for a time.

The thought of a portal is a bit daunting. If we had one, how would we know?

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2013, 07:00:36 PM »
I don't believe a place needs to have a portal to have a ghost. They can go through any portal and then move around, or they can just be there or come and appear in a place no portal required.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline Torey

• Inductee
  • Occultist & Demonologist
    • Infernal Dialogues
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2013, 01:53:11 PM »
I don't believe a place needs to have a portal to have a ghost. They can go through any portal and then move around, or they can just be there or come and appear in a place no portal required.

I agree with this.  Spirits are not bound by the same space-time constraints that we, as corporeal beings, are.

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
  • Felineous caticus pusspuss
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2013, 03:20:09 PM »
Before I used to pop up boundaries around my house or anywhere I was staying I was plagued with a constant flow of spirits wandering in to see what was going on.   No vortex or portal was needed.  It was a case of "saw your light on and thought I'd drop in".

Offline Roma

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2013, 03:56:15 PM »
I had the same issue LOL

Offline MsChief

• Newcomer
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2013, 10:29:01 PM »
I understand that ghosts can be anywhere and don't need a portal.  So what makes some places more attractive than others for ghosts to visit?  I like "saw your light on, thought we'd drop in", but what is the light they are attracted too?  Is it a location or a person that they can be attracted to?  Or does it matter?

I have been told that some people can be beacons when they are going through something emotional. 
It's not just spooks that hide in closets . . . . .  this  medium does  too.

Offline GaryTheDemon

• Wordsmith
  • Global Moderator
  • Senior Contributor
  • Look behind you. Now!
    • Videoscape Productions
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2013, 10:39:05 PM »
it's hard to generalize, but I guess (imho) that locations in themselves are usually neutral and do not attract.  This excludes things like portals.  Sometimes a location will be stained or contaminated by events and can become an attraction.  A slaughter house may not contain many animal ghosts but could easily attract other negative entities drawn by the suffering - even when the suffering is no longer going on.

Spirits in particular may be drawn to a place where they have an emotional connection.  I.e. the place where someone was deliriously happy - or cruelly hurt.

Sentient being on the other hand do attract things.  Sentient beings need  not be living BTW.  Attitude and behaviour and mindset etc can draw others to them.  Negative people will attract all manner of things.  Anger, hatred, depression, extremities of sexuality (being very generic here!) - these can also attract.  By the same matter, healers, light-workers etc can attract too - not always good things either ...

If you cannot love, then at least don't hate.
If you cannot help, then at least don't hurt.

Offline Rookie

• Inductee
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2014, 05:33:27 PM »
So since the last update, I have seen a child peeking around a corner at me into the bathroom.

And just this morning, we found chalk foot prints belonging to a child and just now, wet footprints in our laundry. The prints are clearly smaller than our youngest child's. I'll attached a comparison pic.

None of this worries or scares us. We aren't scared or concerned by the prospect of spirits. But they do seem to be making themselves more known and now we have the possibility of actual evidence with these foot steps. We are becoming concerned there maybe a lonely child spirit, given what I have seen, what my step son has seen and now these footprints. Oh, and my stepsons bed is often messed up when he is away. As I said, our growing concern is for the possibility of a lonely spirit child.

Should we be concerned about the growing signs or activity, or for the lonely spirit child?

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
  • Felineous caticus pusspuss
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2014, 10:55:00 AM »
You could try talking to it and telling it to go to the light.  You could  try sitting quietly and see if you can send out a message for help to the spirits of light to come get the child.

Personally if it is content to interact and not causing trouble I would be inclined to let it be.  Yes its a child, but things are different over there.  What seems like years for you may only be a 'blink' of time to the spirit.

Offline Rookie

• Inductee
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2014, 04:07:01 PM »
What is it like for spirits when they are interacting like this with us. When you tell them to go to the light, is it always readily available to them if they choose to go??

As I have mentioned, none of this bothers any of us. Even my son who had his leg pulled a few weeks ago is bothered. It worried him at the time enough to get up and come tell us but he has had no problems going back to bed since. If you think these spirits are happy enough to hang around, we arent too bothered if they do.

Offline Rookie

• Inductee
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2014, 08:52:03 PM »
Ok, after relatively quiet period where we had not sightings, feelings or any actions by spirits, we have had a new activity start. In my daughters room, we started to notice the light being turned on and the door closed. We couldn't explain it for a long time, but the possibility was that my daughter was doing it, but we didn't think so. A few times, we knew the door was open and light off but them miraculously, the door was closed and light on, but we couldn't discount our daughter had gone in there.

Yesterday morning, the door was closed and the light on. My wife had taken our daughter when she was upset during the night. There was no light on and she left the door open. But the light was on and door closed when we got up in the morning. On this occasion, we can positively say  non living person in the house did it leading us to believe some or all the previous occasions were also by non living persons.

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal