Author Topic: Do we have spirits??  (Read 22229 times)

Offline Rookie

• Inductee
Do we have spirits??
« on: October 02, 2009, 01:06:35 PM »
Hi Guys,

Last night just as we were about to go to bed, the TV in the front lounge room came on by itself. I just said out loud, thanks for turning the tv on but we are watching tv in the bedroom. I understand that somethings can happen and the remote maybe clicked but this didn't happen.

Quite regularly, the stereo system in the same room comes on by it's self. Usually at night. One night it came on 3 times. The first two times, I just muted it, because it is attached to the tv in the bedroom. It must be on but muted. After the second time, I put the remote in the cupboard so if the remote was malfunctioning, it wouldn't turn the system on again. Sure enough, a half hour later, it came on again. This time I asked that it stop doing it for the night so I could get some sleep and it did not come on again. It has happened probably a dozen other times, at all hours. Last night was the first time the TV came on.

We often have lights flickering.  My fiance believes it maybe the work of her grandmother who passed away a few years ago, just letting my fiance know she is about. My fiance sometime ago held a couple of seances with her mother and sister at her mother's house. Both times, they believed they contacted spirits, but one of the times, they believe the spririt was that of my fiance's grandmother.

These things may all be electronic quirks. But, it maybe more. I have posted previously about the experiences with my future step son here,

http://www.paranormal.com.au/public/index.php?topic=7340.0

Maybe there is more to the electronics going on, maybe it's just faulty equipment!!!!

What do you think?

Offline rainman

• Senior Contributor
Re: Do we have spirits??
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 03:03:19 PM »
Has the TV got an alarm function that could possibly be turning it on?

Seances = a big No No

Are there any children in the house that could be playing with the remotes or setting the tv to come on at a certain time?

I personally would rule out faulty equipment.

Offline Rookie

• Inductee
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 07:11:11 PM »
Until now, it had just been the stereo. It would be a big co-incidence for the TV in the same room to start doing a similar thing. It's probably all co-incidence but this with the expeiences with my step son makes me wonder.

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 08:20:48 PM »
People who have seances are asking for trouble, and there you have it.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline Dr Baku

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2009, 08:51:31 PM »
I find that a seance can be quite useful if the correct measures are taken.I think perhaps that like many subjects, if you are ignorant of how something works then you are liable to discover catastrophe . Most people would not try to plumb the gas lines to their house without help or instruction so why would one think that a seance to be any different?
I was pondering the expression 'revenge is a dish best served cold'. Then I considered that 'revenge is sweet'. I now have come to the conclusion that revenge is ice cream.

Offline Rookie

• Inductee
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2009, 10:27:46 AM »
Thanks for the comments on seances guys but it's not what I asked about. The seances were many years ago now and nothing of any significance happened till lately. I know I am just new to all this but my wild guess is that it is totally unrelated.

The occurrences are not scary or of any concern. I sort of am hoping it is a friendly spirit, maybe even my fiance's grand mother. When these things happen, it gives my fiance a lot of comfort. She told me this morning she has been talking a lot to her grand mother. Maybe her grandmother is letting her know she is listening.

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
  • Felineous caticus pusspuss
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2009, 10:40:04 AM »
If your partner believes its her grandmother and she is getting a comfort from who/what is around, then I would say she is more than likely right.
You are there experiencing it, my guess is you tend to lean that way too.

Try telling the entity that you believe it is this person and are aware that they are there so leave the remotes alone.  Try leaving a voice recorder on if you go out or go to bed.  Invite the spirit to speak.  Worth a try.

Offline rainman

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2009, 08:27:35 PM »
The fact that you mentioned seances indicates that you may have thought they had something to do with your phenomenon. Can't blame people for mentioning it.

I would go with what Cats Eyes has suggested.

Offline Rookie

• Inductee
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2009, 08:03:01 AM »
Rainman - Contrary to your assertion, I thoroughly believe this has nothing to do with the seances my fiance was involved in a number of years ago. I merely mentioned it because she believed then they had made contact with her grandmother and now believes her grandmother is present again.

Catseyes, I believe there is something around us. These occurrences seem to happen during times of stress so I believe that it is highly probable my fiance's grandmother is looking out for her.

On the night the stereo turned itself on 3 times, I did ask for it to stop for that night and whether it was a co-incidence or not, it did stop for that night, although it has happened a couple of other times since. The other night, when the front room TV went on, I thanked who ever turned it on for us but said we are going to bed now so don't need it.

I have thought about setting a voice recorder but, whilst I am happy to believe there is something/one here, I don't know if I am comfortable enough to have it confirmed at the moment!!!

Just something else interesting that happened recently, my step son asked for a candle to be lit in his room. Previously we had done this on advice to stop spirits from visiting him at night. The interesting thing was when they lit the candle and reminded the spirits to leave him alone at night, he spoke up and told them it was ok to play with him in the lounge room!!!

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
  • Felineous caticus pusspuss
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2009, 11:35:49 AM »
It is quite possible then, that the spirit is doing what was asked of it.  Try leaving some scrabble tiles  out in the lounge when you go to bed and ask for the spirit to move them.

Offline Rookie

• Inductee
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2009, 03:05:54 PM »
Ooh, interesting idea!!!

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2009, 11:15:48 PM »
 I have seen people experience the effects of having a seance years later. It can manifest in different ways and even be around from day one after the seance but be unnoticed as the ghost learns to manipulate energy etc.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline Neptune

• Centurion
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2009, 12:10:33 AM »
Hello Rookie
I would be interested to know if you or more to the point, your partner, work with children or have daily contact with children, other than your own of course (If applicable)
The reason i ask is i get a strong feeling that there is a child in spirit that for some reason or another has decided to join you guys for a while. i feel that this child was 'picked' up whilst you or your partner were working with kids.....or something along those lines.

let em know

Regards
N   8)
Temperance Card 14.

Offline Saturn

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2009, 09:42:26 AM »
"We often have lights flickering."

From an electrician's point of view, this would be an indicator of an unstable supply of power to the house, be it internal wiring or fluctuations in grid supply. This in turn could very well trigger electronic equipment to power on/off or even malfunction.

If it gets worse you may need to check the place for damaged wiring caused by rodents (possums etc like to chew on wires). Or at least determine if the grid supply is stable.

Personally I would endeavor to rule out natural explanations for electrical anomalies before exploring a paranormal alternative. 

Offline JulieD

• Reiki Lightworker- Wiccan Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • Senior Contributor
    • Macedon Ranges Olde Town Tours
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2009, 10:15:56 AM »
Try changing the batteries in the remote.  I find gadgets do strange things when they are going flat, especially door bells and battery operated toys.

I didn't realise you guys felt the same way about seances as ouija boards.  IMHO I think they are a valid way of begining to explore your abilities as a medium.  Everyone has to start somewhere and meditation isn't for all. 

Look for the light in everyone you meet.
You may be the only person that ever sees it.

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal