Author Topic: Spookers Auckland  (Read 13700 times)

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
Spookers Auckland
« on: August 26, 2009, 10:55:50 PM »
Well it's not actually a real ghost tour, it is a fake haunted attraction.

http://www.spookers.co.nz/

It has a few themed section, Cornevil, Haunted House, Freaky Forest and 3D Vortex.

We did the Freaky Forest and the Haunted HOuse.

When we arrived the carpark was full. Very full, we could hear screams of terror as we approached the disused hospital site that now houses thia attraction. We could also hear a chainsaw coming from the forest.

We lined up and waited to go into the haunted house section. Teenagers around us were packing it. Screams were rining through the building. Darren and I satrted making our way through the myriad of rooms, set up with actors and dismembered dummies. Fake blood on the walls and props galore. Darren and I were laughing our butts off as girls around us clung to their boyfriends and wet their pants (seriously, the actually wet themselves), we laughed and laughed, merrily greeting each actor with comments like, gee, you  had your eyes gouged out, that's a bit of bad luck.... or to the zombies wanting a man to dance with at their haunted wedding, of course you can dance with Darren, Darren ance with the nice zombie woman..... I turned to her and said, you can have him, he's not very good, she decided I was right after dancing with him and she came and gave hm back. It was so so funny, meanwhile people are still screaming.

After doing the haunted house, we did the freaky forest where we were chased by zombies and one with a chainsaw! Such fun!! We hadn't done it before but it was so predictable. We ended up walking through with some teenagers, one wet herself (seriusly, she did) and as we were approaching each part of the forest we would make such comments as " oh no, not the shed!" "Oh no! Not the old cars" this only added to the panic of the group we were with as we pretended that the next bit was even worse.

The whole thing was hysterically funny, the best part was laughing at the genuinely scared screaming people. Some even paid for the thing and then chickened out! We wre lined up with some asians who chickened out. We waited for them in the haunted house and they didn't show up so we saw them when we got out. Itold them it was funny and that it couldn't be worse than seeing a real ghost. I became their hero.

So funny.

Do it if you are ever in Auckland on a friday or saturday night!
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline lotsakids

• Super Sleuth
  • Team Researcher
  • Senior Contributor
    • Poppets Place
Re: Spookers Auckland
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 10:32:10 PM »
oh that sounds like great fun..you should have hidden behind some props and jumped out and said boo a few times..hehe...

hey maybe we should get yvette to go in there for added realism....she screams and runs very well...

One day my light went out, but was blown again into flame by an encounter with some wonderful people I call friends. I owe the deepest thanks to those who have rekindled this inner light...
[inspired by Albert Schweitzer]

Offline JulieD

• Reiki Lightworker- Wiccan Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • Senior Contributor
    • Macedon Ranges Olde Town Tours
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 10:47:42 PM »
We went to one in Cambodia that was all the different gory religious punishments.  I will find and post some pics.

Look for the light in everyone you meet.
You may be the only person that ever sees it.

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 02:12:08 AM »
I'd love to open a place like that here. What a hoot.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline JulieD

• Reiki Lightworker- Wiccan Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • Senior Contributor
    • Macedon Ranges Olde Town Tours
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2013, 12:20:30 PM »
I need to go here! I wish I thought of it last time I was in Auckland

Look for the light in everyone you meet.
You may be the only person that ever sees it.

Offline GaryTheDemon

• Wordsmith
  • Global Moderator
  • Senior Contributor
  • Look behind you. Now!
    • Videoscape Productions
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2013, 12:00:48 AM »
oh dear.  oh dear oh dear.  I wonder if it is still there...

If you cannot love, then at least don't hate.
If you cannot help, then at least don't hurt.

Offline Colleen

• Senior Contributor
  • Animal Activist
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2013, 11:14:28 AM »
Julie, where was the one in Cambodia. 
Stop the torture. Stop Yulin. Become the voice of animals who cannot talk.

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal