Author Topic: this is a panther.  (Read 7031 times)

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
  • Felineous caticus pusspuss
this is a panther.
« on: August 05, 2009, 03:48:35 PM »
In my opinion, this is a panther.   Watch the way it moves and compare that to the way the catt on the Railtrack in the crypto section moves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHWhC9tO3dM

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
Re: this is a panther.
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 03:59:37 PM »
Take notice of the amount of stock these farmers are loosing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJ89wFibW1M

I am not surprised if they find fox and dog DNA on the carcass.  They are both opportunistic animals and wouldn't have a problem stealing a meal from someone else' s kill.

These cats are definitely out there.....

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 04:07:35 PM »
This clip is just an appetite wetter, lol, but it gives you an idea of whats happening.

When some 'expert' gets up and tells you there is no evidence, don't you believe it.  Sometime the 'cover-up' is real!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i91JwOSnItY&NR=1&feature=fvwp

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 04:16:43 PM »
Bonus!  Found part 2!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6_CkMDomWo&NR=1

When they speak of hard evidence they mean a body.  I believe they already have bodies.  I have been told of witnesses seeing one being collected from the side of a road.

Offline Salt Breeze

• Sea Mystic
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009, 05:30:22 PM »
Cool videos.  I like the cat at about 0:46 on the first tape.   

The thing I don't understand is what the possible purpose of a cover-up would be.   Why bother?  We don't hide the existence of non-natives animals like camels, foxes and so on, so it wouldn't be because they are non-native.   Also we don't hide the existence of dangerous species which are often a considerable pest to the community - thinking of box jelly fish, blue ringed occies, great whites and plenty of other killer marine animals, funnel webs, deadly snakes that lurk everywhere........ so what's the point in hiding evidence about big cats?   

Who cares if they were escapees from a circus.  Who cares if they were exotic pets that got loose.  Why wouldn't the authorities just document it and be open about it.   When a lion escaped from the Lion Park that used to be half way between Gold Coast and Brisbane, no one tried to hide the fact.   

Personally, I think someone is cashing in on the whole big cat scenario.  Rather like yowie or bigfoot hunting.  If you talk things up enough, tourists are bound to turn up in the area eventually.  So if you find a carcass of a big cat it would probably be in the best interests of continuing the money-making tourist possibilities - if you hid the carcass.   Point being that if they were open about it, it would become as boring as snakes, camels or anything else.   

It strikes me that any cover-up is bound to be linked to someone making a profit somewhere along the way.   I suspect some farmers would be paid for footage even, if they were savvy enough to strike a deal for footage of a big cat, killiing some of their stock.   

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2009, 06:02:44 PM »
IMHO  the government is worried about the financial repercussions.
Yes, we have potential man eaters in our oceans.  Nothing the government could do about that, they swim there.  Snakes have always been here, no one really bothers about them much, or spiders.  they are small and non-threatening unless your bitten.

A big cat is different.  Panthers do prey on humans.  They are big and scary.  They have killed 100's of head of cattle yearly. 

More 'what if's...

What if there have already been people killed and eaten by these animals and the government knew and said nothing? 
What if many years ago there was a real problem with feral pigs and camels and goats in remote areas and the government was already aware of a very small number of 'cats' that seemed to do quite well in this country.......a controllable amount that kept to themselves, stayed away from people and lived off these introduced feral animals.

what if some bright spark thought that maybe introducing some 'new blood' might produce just enough to balance out the over running of brumby, goat,pigs and camels.  Never occurred to them that these cats might flourish.....and eventually loose their fear of people.  See people as prey?

Its about money alright......compensation is what keeps them quiet now.  They have left it too late to come clean.

Offline Saturn

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2009, 06:46:10 PM »
I'm not 100% convinced. They could be fair size feral black cats. Panthers are usually a lot larger. But it's hard to tell on the shaky video. 

Offline rainman

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2009, 09:01:31 PM »
Awesome video (1st one)

Haven't watched the last 3 yet.

Offline Alien88

• UFO Whiz
  • Senior Contributor
  • Consider all possibilities
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2009, 10:11:32 PM »
I have seen feral cats (in cages after being caught) and they tend to be broader, stocker but not tall and slender. Very interesting hey.

Light, Love and wisdom

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal