Author Topic: COMO HOUSE Melbourne Twilight Tours  (Read 32658 times)

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
COMO HOUSE Melbourne Twilight Tours
« on: February 18, 2009, 03:37:22 PM »
How exciting!

Como House in Melbourne is to be commended. They are introducing Twilight Tours of their wonderful National Trust Property.

The Team had the honour of investigating Como House in 2008 and we had a wonderful time. Now the National Trust has opened the house for these twilight tours.

Numbers are limited. Groups will be of no more than 12 people each tour, ensuring you can absorb the ambience of the experience.

They trialed them over the summer and will now have them running over the Winter as well.

Conducted the first thursday of each month from July to October at 7.00pm, Twilight Tours of Como House offer a completely different experience to a day time tour.

Twilight Tours focus more on past people and events in the house. More than a few of our staff, volunteers and visitors have had 'stories' to tell courtesy of their time at Como. As we view Como by flickering candlelight, these stories certainly add to the ambience of a Twilight Tour!

Back by popular demand, Como is running Twilight Ghost Tours with the assistance of a medium from Spookspotters. This tour will focus on past people and events in the house. Tours begin with a complimentary glass of wine in the beautiful Ballroom where you are given a background of Como’s residents past and present. The Twilight Tours run only on the first Thursday of the month up until the 1st October 2009. The evening adventure takes place between 6.30pm and 8.30pm.

COST: General $30, Concession $27, Member General $25, Member Concession $23

Ghost tours are not suitable for children under the age of 15. Bookings are essential. Please call 9827 2500 for more information.

Or you can check out the Como Website at http://www.comohouse.com.au/what_s_on

Oh and one more thing, members of our very own Team will be delivering the tours for the National Trust. All funds however go to the upkeep of the property and no funds whatsoever goes to the Team or any of it's members individually except for a small fuel donation for one of the Team to come from Ballarat once a month for the Tour.

So please come and support your forum friends and the National Trust so they might open up more properties for these types of tours.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 11:27:39 PM by Christine »
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline violet

• Wordweaving Whiz
  • Senior Contributor
Re: COMO HOUSE Melbourne Twilight Tours
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 05:53:08 PM »
Oh and one more thing, members of our very own Team will be delivering the tours for the National Trust. All funds however go to the upkeep of the property and no funds whatsoever goes to the Team or any of it's members individually except for a small fuel donation for one of the Team to come from Ballarat once a month for the Tour.

So please come and support your forum friends and the National Trust so they might open up more properties for these types of tours.

Congratulations team! The tours will be brilliant. I would love to go on a Twilight Tour. The price is very reasonable.

It would also be marvellous if the National Trust opened more intriguing properties for this kind of experience.

Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.
- Goethe

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 06:11:38 PM »
It would indeed.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline Salt Breeze

• Sea Mystic
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 06:54:50 PM »
Absolutely Violet. 

Yes, please..... more old places to visit.  Some in Queensland would be really nice. 

Thanks for this info Christine.

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 02:58:51 PM »
Tours will be held the first thursday of the month from July to October.

Dates are
2nd July
6th August
3rd September
1st October
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 03:00:26 PM by Christine »
Douglas Adams

Offline violet

• Wordweaving Whiz
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2009, 05:07:52 PM »
Lucky, lucky Victorians! I will come if I can get to Melbourne for the July tour. My parents-in-law might like to go too.

(Christine, the link to the Twilight Tours info brings up a 'module not found message'.)

Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.
- Goethe

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2009, 06:51:44 PM »
Oh ok, that is a national trust link. I will check it tomorrow.

Thank you
Christine
Douglas Adams

Offline rainman

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2009, 11:11:48 PM »
1 sleep to go. :) :)

Is anyone else on here going? (Other than Christine)

I am going and I know that Julie D is going also.

Can't wait!!

What time to we have to be there Christine?

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2009, 11:27:36 PM »
I think the tour starts at 6.30pm. They should have told you that when you booked...

There are 15 people coming and Mary and I will be leading it.
Douglas Adams

Offline rainman

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2009, 01:03:48 AM »
Yeah, I just forgot what time. 6:30 was in my mind but I just wanted to confirm. Thanks. See you there.

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2009, 01:17:21 AM »
You will indeed. Should be a good night!
Douglas Adams

Offline rainman

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2009, 01:25:28 AM »
It should be a GREAT night. I am really looking forward to my first ever tour. Also, don't forget to bring my auction winnings and I will fix you up with the CASH :) :)

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2009, 11:35:57 AM »
I won't forget, they are already packed.
Douglas Adams

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
  • Felineous caticus pusspuss
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2009, 11:38:29 AM »
good luck and have fun

Offline lotsakids

• Super Sleuth
  • Team Researcher
  • Senior Contributor
    • Poppets Place
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2009, 12:02:06 PM »
enjoy, I hope its an interesting and successful night for you all..

One day my light went out, but was blown again into flame by an encounter with some wonderful people I call friends. I owe the deepest thanks to those who have rekindled this inner light...
[inspired by Albert Schweitzer]

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal