Author Topic: THE fabled "Hills Panther" -  (Read 3247 times)

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
  • Felineous caticus pusspuss
THE fabled "Hills Panther" -
« on: July 17, 2009, 08:06:14 PM »
THE fabled "Hills Panther" - a giant cat said to roam as far as Lithgow - has been sighted yet again.

The latest sighting occurred in Berowra Valley at Hornsby Heights on Friday, July 18.

A Hornsby Heights resident, who asked to be known only as Kate, told The Hills Shire Times her husband recently caught sight of a huge cat in bushland behind their property.

"It was on a Friday afternoon just after lunch and we were working in the garden," Kate said. "This animal moved very, very quickly and it leapt too.

"We could see the haunches. It seemed to be a greyish colour from the very quick siting we had and the surprise of it all."

Kate believes it could well be the same big cat that has been spotted by several people in the Hills district.

"I think it's probably the same cat as the one from the Dural-Kenthurst area and it has gone for a wander into Berowra Valley," she said. "I would like to see it again. It's just fascinating me."

Cryptozoologist Rex Gilroy has told The Hills Shire Times the sighting could be connected to other big cat sightings as the animal has been known to follow the scrubland which goes all the way into the outskirts of the Hornsby area.

However Melbourne-born big cat conservationist and New York-based Panthera Foundation executive director Dr Luke Hunter said the evidence available was not enough to support the theory.

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal