Author Topic: Why is she here?  (Read 2689 times)

Offline treehugga

• Inductee
Why is she here?
« on: July 26, 2008, 02:07:51 PM »
Hello special people,
I have some questions that I'm sure you will be able to help me with. Firstly I am not bothered or concerned about what I am about to explain, I would just like to understand it better.
Wherever we have lived my partner sees the previous occupants, in fact wherever he has lived for most of his life this is the case. He is a non believer in any sort of afterlife and can't explain why he sees these things, despite being shown time and time again that we do go on after physical death he refuses to accept that this is the case.
In our current house he sees an old woman wondering about. She is a small European woman and she just potters around seemingly unaware of us. He sees her often but only when the house is quiet and usually when he is the only one home. I see, feel and hear nothing of her so am not bothered at all by it. My partner is not worried about his, he has grown quite attached to the old dear. He sees her in the garden, walking through th house, standing at the sink, just doing things that she would have done in life. It is the same with others he has seen. They seem unaware of him and just go about their business as they would have when they were alive.
One of his favourites was an old man in another house who used to feed his chooks. The chooks were no longer there and not visable to my partner but the old man would stand there throwing seed and talking to the chooks. All of this is silent by the way, he sees them but doesn't hear them. The only time he has heard anything was in our last house. He saw nothing but could hear someone cooking at night, beating eggs and then he could smell the eggs cooking.
His only explanation for any of this is that he is somehow seeing the houses memory. He doesn't believe the spirits are there, but that the house is showing him what came before us. It is always interesting to know who lived there before we did and I quite enjoy the fact that he can tell me these things. I would like to understand them better though.
Any ideas as to why he is shown these things, and if it is in fact just a houses memory or actual spirits sharing our space??
I certainly don't wish to do anything to stop these sightings and am quite happy to let them be, I would just like to understand them better.
Thanks,
Treehugga

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
  • Felineous caticus pusspuss
Re: Why is she here?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 03:37:42 PM »
I dont think 'shown' is probably the right term, lol, I think he just happened to be wired to the right channel. Like a TV set tuned into the stations.  You see 7, 9,10, 2...he picks up foxtel! PMSL!

Without actually being there or meeting him, I would say he is seeing a 'tape-recording' or in his term the 'house memory' of previous occupants.
A very interesting ability!

Offline treehugga

• Inductee
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 04:11:49 PM »
Thanks catseyes - aarrgghh I hate it when he's right :)

Offline Salt Breeze

• Sea Mystic
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2008, 04:21:58 PM »
I'd agree with CE and your partner, given that the 'people' he sees seem to be oblivious to him.   Its seems to be just the 'memory' of the house.   

If they were spirits it would seem likely that one of them might attempted to communicate with your partner in all his experiences, because they'd probably be aware he can see them.   

How interesting for him to 'see' memories of all the places he lives in.   

Offline treehugga

• Inductee
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2008, 04:58:00 PM »
Is that unusual salt breeze, that he sees it in all his houses? I really am clueless about this type of thing. I'd love to be able to see what he's seeing.

Offline Salt Breeze

• Sea Mystic
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2008, 06:02:52 PM »
No, I don't think its unusual because he probably would see it in other places as well.   It seems that he has this abillity, so its not restricted to only the places he lives in.   

When he sees things in other places, he might not even realise that he's not seeing 'real' people, if he sees the 'memories' very clearly.  If its just a quick vision, it may seem to him like he just saw an actual person. 

Whereas in his own places, he's there every day, so he realises that he's seeing the same thing repeatedly......(which you wouldn't if you only visited a place once).

Offline treehugga

• Inductee
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2008, 06:39:34 PM »
That's actually quite funny. He could be walking around the city seeing things that are no longer there and not even realising it, if I told him this he'd say I was nuts. I really wish I had this ability - he gets all the good stuff  :)

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy