Author Topic: St Bartholomew's Church  (Read 24651 times)

Offline eeyore

• Newcomer
Re: St Bartholomew's Church
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2008, 12:22:38 PM »
Because a haunting is only residual energy, or sometimes known as place memory.
When you are reincarnated you are "reborn", so the life cycle starts anew....

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2008, 12:25:10 PM »
No it isn't. Psychic imprint is residual energy. A haunting per say is intelligent and not a psychic imprint.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline angelite64

• Senior Contributor
  • mitakuye oyasin
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2008, 11:06:37 AM »
I grew up in Mt Druitt and we used to go horse riding just near St Bartholomew's Church and spent many hours hanging around in the graveyard.  I am going to Sydney this afternoon and taking my daughter to the church to see William Lawsons grave as she has just done a school project on him.

There are also claims that you can smell burning flesh in the area of the cemetary where the bodies of young girls killed in an orphange fire are located. The two occasions I've been there however I have not felt anything major in this area.

Not sure where this story came from.  There was never an orphanage there. The fire was in 1989 in the church itself.

It will be a GOOD DAY when all stand in a circle as one, with no judgment, no one language, no one right way, no one sexual rite, and no one colour - all COLOURS!.......Aho

Wolf Moondance

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2008, 12:15:02 PM »
Angelite is right, there wasn't an orphanage there.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline Rigormortis

• Initiate
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2008, 12:29:32 AM »
Howdy spooks!,

I've done this tour 2 or 3 times, it was ok but we really only had one night where there was a high amount of energy activity.

A few of the people I went with know Hazel who runs the tour, so we got some quiet time in the church before the actually tour started. Which was a bonus because on this particular night there were lots of 14-17 year old sceptics who were just being outright morons. Yeah I know, you get them on most tours if you are unlucky.

Anyway, I left my iRiver in the small back room (store room, i think it had chairs in it) off to the left of the back end of the church. Recorded 60+ minutes plus of nothing supernatural unfortunately! :-(

Which was a shame, because a Psychic who had been in the church just before I went in had heard a choir singing. Maybe I need to get a tape machine and give the hard drive player the punt :-\

That night however, a sensitive (she seems to get spirits excited) kept having problems of her high end digital camera not taking shots. And when it did it took about 4 shots that had a bright light directly in the middle of the shot. Even a shot she took of me as a test had me partly covered by this bright white light.

I've heard gristly tales of the joint but had no major experiences, I could feel there was a lot of energy floating around but didn't smell burning children (part of the cemetary has the graves of small children who were killed in an orphanage fire), or see the man in the hat.

Definately a tour I would recommend, along with The Oaks which is in Oakhurst. Hazel ran that one too and it's an old 2 storey place. When I went I was fortunate enough to walk around an area close to a vortex. I think however it has supposedly been closed off now.

Anyway, maybe one of you sydney siders will want to check it out.

St Barts http://www.blacktownaustralia.com.au/inspiration.asp?ID=3

The Oaks http://stmarys.yourguide.com.au/news/local/news/general/slideshow-dare-to-be-scared/461267.asp

Hope you guys don't mind me pasting links!

Regards

Rigormortis
Regards

Rigormortis
(AKA Stephen)

Offline Lebay8

• Initiate
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2008, 03:14:49 PM »
Hi all, I did this tour about a month ago. It was ok, but not fantastic. I'm not sure if it was the tour or just the weather that turned me off it, so I am going to have another go during the warmer months.

Its really great value, still $10 per ticket, and we started at 7.30 and it didn't finish till about 11.30.

Some of the stories were a little long winded, some were just far fetched, but if you are intersted in the history of the area its quite informative.

We got a story about one burned child (not children) who started a fire with her fathers flint and her apron caught fire (nothing about an orphanage) and that this child is sometimes seen at a local school where her parents house once stood. There was also a story about a child who is buried there and there is a scent of flowers close to her grave if she is happy or a hospital scent if she is not. We did smell the flowers close to the grave, but it was rather overpowering, almost like someone had sprayed a can of airfreshener. I am not sure that I was convinced. The guide was also pointing out orbs in the distance to me just looked like headlights from the nearby freeway. Again, I was a little cold and cranky so I could have just been looking for flaws.

I did see two things myself though. One was, I walked a little ahead of the group, turned a corner round the church and there was an orange flame like thing above a headstone. It was dark and the flame was clear, I went to take a photo and my fully charged camera (one of those new Olympus indistructable things) would not switch on. It worked perfectly later in the night. Also when we were standing close to the flower smelling grave I looked up toward the church and saw a man dressed in a coat, like a dryasabone with a rain hat on walking round the church, almost like a patrol. No one else saw him and there was no one else around other than the tour group.

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2008, 04:36:08 PM »
Very few orbs can be seen with the naked eye.
Douglas Adams

Offline Lebay8

• Initiate
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2008, 06:55:37 PM »
According to this lady, there were 100's of them at the bottom of the hill. But as the M4 motorway is next to it I think it was more than likely headlights.  I think she was pushing too hard, she also sent us photos of other tours that had things in them. I had them tested and they had been photoshopped. I doubt if she did it, perhaps other partisipants of ealier tours.

Offline Lebay8

• Initiate
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2008, 06:57:06 PM »
Opps hit post not spell check! Anyway. I think with the photos she had been duped. I don't think she was dishonest at all, just eager.

Offline philt

• Newcomer
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2009, 01:46:51 PM »
According to this lady, there were 100's of them at the bottom of the hill. But as the M4 motorway is next to it I think it was more than likely headlights.  I think she was pushing too hard, she also sent us photos of other tours that had things in them. I had them tested and they had been photoshopped. I doubt if she did it, perhaps other partisipants of ealier tours.

Agree lebay8. All a bit ho hum. Went to the oaks tour as well and to top it off the tour guide pulled my wife aside and said I was psycho opps I mean psychic. This was a few years ago and I am not psychic. Sorry guys but a waste of time

Thinking...........Thinking

Offline sli

• Newcomer
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2011, 07:24:44 PM »
Hi everyone,

We went on this tour about a month ago my digi slr wouldn't work around the church which was strange, though it was  a dark night and not really good for taking pics, it worked everywhere else though...

Good night for history buffs, found some commentary puzzling but overall had a interesting night.

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2011, 10:00:50 PM »
What do you mean you felt the commentary puzzling?
Douglas Adams

Offline Rookie

• Inductee
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2011, 08:50:57 PM »
When I did my first tour here, I did see a large orb with my naked eye. I was about to bring my camera up to my eye to take a photo of the front corner of the church and saw it. Then took a photo and got it. It looks like a full moon but the moon was behind me. I took lots of other photos with orbs that night but they could have been anything, moisture, dust etc.

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal