Author Topic: St Bartholomew's Church  (Read 24864 times)

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
St Bartholomew's Church
« on: June 09, 2005, 05:44:12 PM »
St Bartholomew's Church (Ponds Road, Prospect) has Cemetery and Ghost Tours about once a month.

$10 per person or $25 for family pass

For bookings and enquiries call 9839 6087
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline monsoon

• Inductee
St Bartholomew's Church
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2005, 10:19:50 PM »
:D I went on this tour last Saturday night & really enjoyed it.

This was one of the places I spoke about where I experienced that vibration in the floor.(of the church)

You sure do get value for your money on this tour...it runs for 3 1/2 hours & although the guides history chats are a little monotonous....it's still worth it if any of you ever get the chance to go.

The old church is absolutely beautiful to look at & they have just refurbished the entire building.

As you drive up to the church, which sits upon a hill, you can't help but feel the energy of the place encompass you as you get nearer.

I have actually planned to do a private little investigation of my own in the new year there, so I may just capture some interesting photos to post up!
n the search for the truth, be true to yourself.....

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
St Bartholomew's Church
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2005, 08:14:29 PM »
Hi Monsoon,
I can't wait to see your pictures. I will be in Sydney for a few days over the new year period and visiting my friends who live in Blacktown. If you will be there at the same time we can meet you there if you like.

Christine
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline monsoon

• Inductee
St Bartholomew's Church
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2005, 08:38:19 AM »
:D When in the new year Christine?
n the search for the truth, be true to yourself.....

Offline cyan_witch

• Newcomer
St Bartholomew's Church
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2006, 09:59:46 PM »
I absolutely love this church. We used to drive by on our way to visit my grandparents and I always used to say to my parents that it was haunted. They would tell me to stop being silly of course! Haven't been on a tour there, but am planning to go in the near future.
Jo :)

Offline ***EbBiE***

• Junior Contributor
St Bartholomew's Church
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2006, 07:52:30 PM »
Oooh, I'd come! I only live in Wollongong, so it's Driveable..
oU cAn DaNcE, yOu CaN dAnCe,
EvErYbOdY lOoK aT yOuR pAnTs!

Offline Rookie

• Inductee
Re: St Bartholomew's Church
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2007, 09:30:39 AM »
Did the tour on Friday night and yes the stories can be a bit monotonous but the church is well worth the effort. I took plenty of photos and two show orbs! The tour guides kept pointing out others in the distance but no one else could see them, and the presence of spirits in the church itself. Would love to go back sometime with a tripod etc.

Offline Rigormortis

• Initiate
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2007, 01:18:45 PM »
It's a great tour to go on, I have friends who know one of the hosts, Hazel (not sure if she is still doing it)

The church is very active, we were allowed some quiet time around the area before the tour kicked off as there were a few teenage boys etc. who really did ruin parts of the tour unfortunately.

I left a voice recorder in the left hand side room of the church in the hope I would get singing or any "paranormal" event but after listening to over an hour worth of it there was nothing.

Inside the church and around it however there were many orbs, and one of my friends camera's kept taking pictures with a large shadow dead smack bang in the middle of the shot. If this wasn't the case the camera wouldn't fire at all, there was something strange in the air that night.

There are also claims that you can smell burning flesh in the area of the cemetary where the bodies of young girls killed in an orphange fire are located. The two occasions I've been there however I have not felt anything major in this area.

This tour is worth the visit.

Regards

Rigormortis (Stephen)

Regards

Rigormortis
(AKA Stephen)

Offline eeyore

• Newcomer
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2008, 04:55:27 PM »
I gather then that the tour guides didn't mention anything about the preacher going beserk and killing his family there.

Many a person (my friend's ex husband included) have stated that they saw an axeman running through the cemetery, and a little girl sitting there playing.

I have an interesting story on the little girl, but fear you maynot believe this, so I'll end here. ;)

Offline lotsakids

• Super Sleuth
  • Team Researcher
  • Senior Contributor
    • Poppets Place
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2008, 04:59:32 PM »
try us....nothing is outside the realms of possibility

doesnt matter if we do or don't believe it...at worst it will still be an interesting story

One day my light went out, but was blown again into flame by an encounter with some wonderful people I call friends. I owe the deepest thanks to those who have rekindled this inner light...
[inspired by Albert Schweitzer]

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2008, 05:20:24 PM »
I must do that tour next time I am in Sydney.
Douglas Adams

Offline eeyore

• Newcomer
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2008, 05:27:41 PM »
Ok then....

My friend was the little girl people see there in a previous life. She is psychic herself and has been warned not to go back to the cemetery. Being her, she decided to go one day and nearly broke her ankle as she fell walking between the graves.

She went inside the Church (I was too chicken) with my husband and she had an overwhelming sense of sadness and an overpowering feeling to get out there.

There is supposed to be a portal to the underworld in the corner of the Church...but that maybe just folklore, who knows for certain.

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2008, 11:12:19 AM »
If she is the little girl people see in the cemetery how come she is incarnated in this life?
Douglas Adams

Offline eeyore

• Newcomer
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2008, 06:22:52 PM »
Unlucky I guess

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2008, 08:23:03 PM »
No, I literally mean HOW. Doesn't make an ounce of sense at all. In fact I am not sure it's possible for someone to haunt a place and for them to be reincarnated to other lives.
Douglas Adams

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal