Author Topic: Designing an Oracle Card Deck  (Read 16464 times)

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
Re: Designing an Oracle Card Deck
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2009, 09:55:09 PM »
I am too busy but I will get them done. I started them.

I am working with a guy I know who is an artist.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline Lapismoon

• Global Moderator
  • Junior Contributor
  • Archangel Michael is my wingman...
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2009, 08:39:34 PM »
 ;D   Hi Christine, I love to shuffle my oracle cards and pick one to give me a quick answer or a feel to what is happening at that moment.  I love vibrant rich colors and cards that have gilded edges.  Animal totems are very popular in The Enchantarium at the moment as a lot of people have been to workshops to find out what their totem animals are.  There are not many Aussie decks.
Bags are good but one particular deck ( Unicorns by Diane Cooper ) has the lid of the box folded so it stands up to display one card, it is probably something to see as sometimes I am not really good with describing things... :D Would your deck be animal art work or animal photos?  The reason I ask is that Birds of Prey kind of conjures up a gothic kind of feel for me ( like the Dragonfae deck) Are Ravens birds of Prey? I saw the Ravens at the Tower of London earlier this year and they were awesome...see you soon from Marian   
esprit de I'escalier    [es-pree de less-ka/-iay}
A witty remark that occurs to you too late, literally on the way down the stairs.

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2009, 10:02:52 PM »
Hi Lapismoon,
no ravens aren't birds of 0prey (raptors) which is what the deck will be about. The idea of the folding box is a good one. We saw ravens at the Tower too.
Did you know the birds here we call crows are actually a smaller raven as well?
Christine
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline Lapismoon

• Global Moderator
  • Junior Contributor
  • Archangel Michael is my wingman...
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2009, 08:39:50 PM »
 :D Hi Christine, I don't know if the crows here are small ravens...I remember the Ravens at the Tower were pretty huge though!
esprit de I'escalier    [es-pree de less-ka/-iay}
A witty remark that occurs to you too late, literally on the way down the stairs.

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2009, 09:03:28 PM »
Yes the ones here are small ravens.
Douglas Adams

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal