Author Topic: Port Arthur  (Read 5810 times)

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
Port Arthur
« on: June 09, 2005, 05:40:00 PM »
PORT ARTHUR GHOST TOURS
Visit the Isle of the Dead
Evening Ghost Tours
Port Arthur, Tasmania
Australia 7182
Ph: 1800 659 101
Adult $14.30, Child $ 8.80 4 to 17 years, Family $37.40 2 Adults and up to 6 Children
Children 4 and under free of charge, Group rates available for 15 or more.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline Salt Breeze

• Sea Mystic
  • Senior Contributor
Re: Port Arthur
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 01:13:03 PM »
This was a really cool tour.  You catch a small ferry from the wharf at the front of the Port Arthur site, just down in front of where the infamous Broad Arrow Cafe is (was). 

Fantastic photos can be taken on the island.  The gravesites and headstones are absolutely amazing and the guide's spooky historical stories entertain.   You also navigate past Port Pure (not sure of spelling) which was the boys prison, and hear the history of it while on the ferry.   

Offline SpiritOne

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 09:11:02 AM »
I visited Port Arthur quiet a few years ago now, but never had to opportunity to do the Ghost Tour, i really want to get there and see what its like.

dazza

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 10:07:36 AM »
Port Arthur is was my 3rd stop during my 8-day road trip of Tasmania.
The vibe i got through my first around during that afternoon was unusually cold (maybe coz it's was due to the fact that I just arrived to the location,it was new to me & I was adjusting to the level of the location).
I stayed at the Comfort Inn which given a grand view of prison cells of Port Arthur.That place lives up to it's title.The fireplace of the main bar area,the comfy lounges geared me up for the ghost tour that was planned that nite!The waitress of the bar told me a few stories that happened in the area...now I was ready for the tour....which I report in the PORT ARTHUR GHOST TOUR thread.
The next day I got great photos of Port Arthur & surrounding areas (it was clear blue sky day & south of the location is highly recommended looking at....fantastic views for any camera buff!)
Port Arthur rich in history & stunning places to see & do!

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal