Author Topic: Walhalla Ghost Tour  (Read 28958 times)

Offline tk62

• Senior Contributor
Re: Walhalla Ghost Tour
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2007, 12:58:19 PM »
The Haunted hills of Moe are called that because in the days of the horse and carriage/drays, the horse's hooves would echo on the hills so it then became known as the haunted hills, it has nothing to do with ghosts at all. But  because the land is filled with coal, being a coal  mining area, it made an eerie sound.
"If our personality survives death, then it is strictly logical or scientific to assume that it retains memory, intellect, other faculties, and knowledge that we acquire on this earth." Thomas Edison

Offline tk62

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2007, 08:09:00 PM »
That was a very interesting post by Aberfaldy, do we know who this is? are they a member here now, I would love to here more.
"If our personality survives death, then it is strictly logical or scientific to assume that it retains memory, intellect, other faculties, and knowledge that we acquire on this earth." Thomas Edison

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2007, 08:09:37 PM »
Alberfeldy is still a member... They live in Walhalla I think... or near there.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline scaredycat

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2007, 11:37:39 PM »
that is really interesting thanks for sharing
Ability is what you're capable of doing...
Motivation determines what you do...
Attitude determines how well you do it. ~ Herman de Zwaan

Offline aberfeldy

• Newcomer
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2007, 11:40:39 PM »
That was a very interesting post by Aberfaldy, do we know who this is? are they a member here now, I would love to here more.

I live in Traralgon (40km to the south of Walhalla) and we normally head up to Spetts Cottage every second weekend. We are a 4th generation Walhalla family, my great grandfather being a miner at the Long Tunnel Extended Mine - he lost his arm in an industrial accident in 1905 and had it replaced by a hook!
Spetts Cottage has been in the in the family since 1978 and we have spent quite a bit of time researching their 75 year history in the town.
I have described some of the paranormal activity experienced by people since the 1940s elsewhere on the forum. The house has had a very long history with some sadness, the original Spetts parents died quite young and had nine children, the oldest daughter remaining in the cottage until her death in 1945.  We still have some original Spetts family furniture, books and mementos, including an embroidered handerchief that that Charlie Spetts sent to his sister Sarah just before he was killed at Gallipolli in World War 1.

We have never had any paranormal investigation carried out at the cottage but are interested.  

In relation to an earlier post which mentioned not walking in Walhalla at night - the main danger is slipping off steep tracks in absolute darkness,  full moon is ideal walking, preferably with a local guide. One comment often heard at Walhalla is a feeling of been watched in the dark. It isn't necessarily a ominous experience - more inquisitive. I would also add that the last of the people who grew up in Walhalla during the gold era have died in the past twenty years or so. Some of their stories and knowledge of historical events has been passed down, but a lot of it has been corrupted or lost.  

Offline tk62

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2007, 12:02:42 AM »
Thanks Aberfaldy I will admit I like Walhalla, but I dislike the trip up there, it is so windy, I wonder if they had snow today.

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
  • Felineous caticus pusspuss
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2007, 09:52:01 AM »
Aberfaldy that was the thing I noticed the most about Walhalla.  The feeling of always beeing watched.  perticularly from the trees on the otherside of the creek...towards the mine area...and the tree line down past Windsor house.  The place feels full of spirits.

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2007, 11:40:16 AM »
Hi Alberfeldy, that forum is defunct and was a different forum to this one. So on here we have no record of the paranormal events in the house at all.
Thanks
Christine
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal