Author Topic: Beechworth Ghost Tours New details and NEW TOURS!!  (Read 24228 times)

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
Re: Beechworth Ghost Tours
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2008, 10:04:53 PM »
That's very interesting Phil!
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline nodoubt68

• Contributor
  • Life begins at 200 km/hr
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2008, 10:47:50 PM »
Does anyone know if this tour still runs???
Will be in Beechworth on Thursday. Sounds like something I,d enjoy doing.

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2008, 10:48:21 PM »
Yes it does still run nodoubt...
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline nodoubt68

• Contributor
  • Life begins at 200 km/hr
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2008, 11:08:06 PM »
Thanks Christine, I just found the website(opps didn't see it first read)

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2008, 11:19:40 PM »
No worries.
Douglas Adams

Offline halloweenie

• Centurion
  • hi!
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2009, 09:24:24 AM »
I'm going to this on the weekend, I will take my camera ect and let you all know how it goes :)

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2009, 02:56:26 PM »
A group of us went up and were part of one of the ghost tours on the weekend.

The night was dark and stormy,
and we were walking blind
we walked through the asylum
and time was left behind...

We were guided by a nice lady with a slightly ethereal demeanor. She dressed in a old fashioned matrons outfit complete with apron and cap. The rain bucketed down around us and we stood huddled together outside, some with umbrellas, some fool enough to think they didn’t need one, listening to her as she introduced herself and the asylum.

The site itself is now a working university sprinkled with various types of accommodation. The public can now sleep overnight and attend conferences where patients once lived out their lives.

Whilst some parts of the site are now operated as luxury accommodation, spa resorts and childcare centre’s, much of the asylum is still in the condition in which it was abandoned back when they closed the doors in 1995.

The group made its way through the myriad of buildings and verandahs listening to the tales of past occupants and mysterious sightings, a sensitive person can feel a multitude of eyes upon them, dark shadows lurking and darting around in your peripheral vision.
Certainly parts of the hospital complex have a lingering feeling of dread, anger, pain and death.

There are a few places in the hospital that are still the home to rather aggressive spirits.

As a medium I can't really say whether I picked up the exact spirits they spoke of during the tour (as we didn't spend long enough there for me to get much information) although I did pick up may more and I personally believe the site is haunted. So I am not certain where they obtained particulars of the spirits allegedly haunting the premises. At one point the guide claimed 5 poltergeists in a smallish building but couldn’t tell me how they obtained that figure. If you can ignore the intricacies’ of what the guide says orbs are, referring to ectoplasm as endoplasm and something about strobe orbs, the tour is a fascinating mixture of history and interesting story telling and highly recommended.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 02:57:49 PM by Christine »
Douglas Adams

Offline Salt Breeze

• Sea Mystic
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2009, 03:12:32 PM »
Sounds great.  Thanks for the story.   

I don't think I"ve ever gone on any tour where I've picked up the spirit who is alleged to be there.   Its always someone different.   Not that the tour history is incorrect - I just seem to attract different spirits for a chat. 

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2009, 03:20:05 PM »
I agree.
Douglas Adams

Offline Salt Breeze

• Sea Mystic
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2009, 07:05:28 PM »
Picture this:   All the spirits are just hanging out, being bored, watching the tour groups pass through........ then suddenly one spirit shouts, "Hey, there's one over there who can actually hear us, let's go have a chat!!"   PMSL

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2009, 07:09:54 PM »
That's what I think happens too!
Douglas Adams

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
  • Felineous caticus pusspuss
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2009, 07:32:04 PM »
There was a male spirit that followed us all through the tour.

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2009, 07:43:51 PM »
Yes there was.
Douglas Adams

Offline tombutcher

• Newcomer
Re: Beechworth Ghost Tours New details and NEW TOURS!!
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2010, 02:22:49 PM »
Re the pain of glass that throws the shadow if you look carefully you can see more than one face, we took an interesting picture of a large orb right on top of the autopsy table.

The best story they tell is about the patient who "escaped" but simply climbed up the big tree out the front and died up there.
They found his body when one of his legs rotted, broke off,  and fell onto the ground under the tree

Offline Salt Breeze

• Sea Mystic
  • Senior Contributor
Re: Beechworth Ghost Tours New details and NEW TOURS!!
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2010, 03:25:14 PM »
They found his body when one of his legs rotted, broke off,  and fell onto the ground under the tree

Good grief.  Didn't anyone there have a sense of smell?

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal