Author Topic: The role of Moderators  (Read 10351 times)

Offline The Gate Keeper

• Contributor
  • Official Troll Patrol
    • http://www.paranormal.com.au
The role of Moderators
« on: June 08, 2005, 02:29:02 PM »
The role of  Moderators:

Paranormal.com.au forums and chat rooms are moderated by volunteers that oftentimes have some special understanding of the subject at hand.  While they may not have answers to all your questions, moderators are here to help in any way they can.  Moderators have the right to edit or delete posts that violate any rule or guideline above.  Generally, moderators have a threefold responsibility: to foster lively discussion, to ensure that members are following the community rules, and to assist new members.  You can spot a moderator because their posts indicate they are moderators. We are always looking for new moderators and frequent posters may be invited to moderate a section of the forum. Please treat all moderators with respect in both public forums and in any private messages.

Each moderator, being human with different life experiences, may see things through slightly different eyes and some variance is to be expected. However, moderators promise to base their decision making on content of threads rather than personal feelings about the person posting in them.

If you have a question for a moderator on a decision, you can email them and discuss it privately. They may not see things the same way you do, but they are open and approachable.

Moderators have the right to edit or remove posts that are in violation of any rule or guideline or ones that they consider offensive to the integrity of the community. Moderators may lock a thread because it is has gone as far as it could go, in their opinion, or is heading down a path that would violate the rules or guidelines (based on experience). Rules may be added or changed at any time.

Moderators decisions are NOT to be questioned in public. If a moderator closes a thread, do not start another one on the same topic. If you have a question for a moderator on a decision, you can send a PM and discuss it privately. We all may not see things the same way, we do understand that. Please understand, we do things we think are right for the site but are approachable.

If you see a post that violates the guidelines or rules, please click on “Report this post to a Moderator”. We will act on the report as quickly as we can.
“If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't follow. I'd be at the bottom to catch them when they fall.”

Offline Flutterbit

• Contributor
The role of Moderators
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2005, 12:53:20 AM »
I'm happy to help out anyone who asks, if I can.  If I'm not in a position to help (ie: lack of knowledge about a particular subject) I'll do my best to find someone who can help.

TTFN
Flutterbit

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
The role of Moderators
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2006, 03:58:00 PM »
Thanks FB.

Christine
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline Flutterbit

• Contributor
The role of Moderators
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2006, 08:24:18 PM »
:D

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal