Author Topic: Haunted Bookshop  (Read 24269 times)

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
  • Felineous caticus pusspuss
Re: Haunted Bookshop
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2007, 08:06:08 AM »
I guess if you didn't like the tour you could just comment on that and not the person, or atleast just suggest that for further info you PM and ask if your interested.

What are you doing out of bed this early anyway, Chainzy, my love?

Offline chainz

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2007, 08:18:39 AM »
Girlfriend messaged me...So..Once I'm awake can't go back to sleep!

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2007, 08:21:33 AM »
LOL!  Go make me a coffee then!

Offline Wilbur Smith

• Newcomer
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2007, 09:57:58 AM »
Fairuz said don't say anything at all...How are people meant to know if the thing is good or not..
Well I guess when you have 100 people on a Friday night and 100 people on a Saturday night going on his tours each weekend you think that that is not recommendation enough to go on one of his tours.
Fairuz has got a great point.
I bet if anyone of you guys were doing tours and were getting one hundred people a night you guys would be as happy as pigs in POO!
----------------------------------------------

Offline chainz

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2007, 10:15:47 AM »
Not everyone has heard good things about him...Most of the things I have heard about him have been bad..And from people that have been on his tour.

Offline FAIRUZ

• Contributor
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2007, 10:47:58 AM »
well thats fine, not everybody will have the same opinion, but make opinions about the tour not about the person.

Offline Wilbur Smith

• Newcomer
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2007, 11:20:22 AM »
Rather than you making opinions on what you have "heard" Why not go and meet him and make your own opinion, because it sound a bit silly and childish that you are making your judgements on what you have "HEARD" from other people.

Well he had 102 people on his tour on Saturday night so it's quite obvious that those people "HEARD" nothing but good things about him and his tour so I will let you do the Math on that one.

I have the right to protect and defend someone that I know!
The same as you have the right to protect and defend someone that you know.
And we all have the right to slag off someone that we have met or spoken with and only if you have met or spoken with them for yourself and not going on what you have "heard"
----------------------------------------------

Offline leah

• Senior Contributor
  • Live. Laugh. Love
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2007, 11:39:37 AM »
1,2,3,4,5,6......10  ;D
"God, grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change...Courage to change the things I can...and Wisdom to know the difference."

Offline TooL

• Senior Contributor
  • [I rule soo bad]
    • http://www.dissectional.com
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2007, 11:48:48 AM »
Drew does manage to pull in the crowds regardless of what people think or say. I think the tour is more a novelty tour with historic reference rather than a full blown ghost hunt. I've never been on it but have been thinking about it for a number of years. I had a friend do it only a few weeks ago and she said she liked it...apart from the crowds. But then, its only run a few times a week so expect a large number of people attending.

Its purely entertainment from what I've heard so anyone expecting something other than the usual tour should probably go elsewhere. Drew puts on a show and adds atmosphere according to my friend. She wasn't expecting anything and walked away happy.

Its a good hostoric lecture with a paranormal twist and a side show to boot. Well, thats what she tells me. She's pretty much not experienced in paranormal research so I'll take her accounts as positive for a member of the public. Which is who the tour is aimed at really.

I like history especially if it involved ghosts and crime...so who knows, I may even go on the tour this winter.

As for Drew, I can't say I have anything negative to say about him. I've spoken to him briefly and he seems pretty cool. From what I saw, he was pretty animated and entertained a fair few people this weekend. So he's as normal as anyone really.

[I rule soo bad]
I rule so bad I'm going to vomit baby sea turtles

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2007, 12:15:38 PM »
I have heard both good and bad from people who have been on the tour at different times.  It isn't something I would ever go and do personally.  Way to many people for my liking.  Added to that I hate the whole atmosphere of the city anyway!  I would rather wonder around an old country town on my own.
 I think a lot of it comes down to what your expectations are in the begining as to whether or not it measures up.

The problem with forums in general is that people start to feel so comfortable that they forget that the people reading their posts aren't at the other end of their loungeroom.  That leads to all of us at some time or other saying something that in retrospect we shouldn't.  But thats what being human is about, we are none of us perfect. 

Offline JulieD

• Reiki Lightworker- Wiccan Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • Senior Contributor
    • Macedon Ranges Olde Town Tours
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2007, 12:28:37 PM »
The problem with forums in general is that people start to feel so comfortable that they forget that the people reading their posts aren't at the other end of their loungeroom.  That leads to all of us at some time or other saying something that in retrospect we shouldn't.  But thats what being human is about, we are none of us perfect. 

Like being on Big Brother and forgetting the cameras are there.

Look for the light in everyone you meet.
You may be the only person that ever sees it.

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2007, 12:35:50 PM »
Well in fact I didn't mention him by name nor did chainz nor Sas. Sas mentioned him by reputation only as being the owner of a particular place. I cannot govern what members of the public write on here.

The first person to mention his name was The Quest in fact. Have a look at the whole thread. I didn't even say anything negative about him in my initial post wich was some time ago now.

I think people are making a mountain out of a molehill here.,

Christine
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline FAIRUZ

• Contributor
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2007, 06:40:32 PM »
I'm no rocket scientist but the fact the name of the store, owner, and address are in the first post in this thread makes it pretty obvious who we are talking about..... no names needed.  :-\

a molehill ?? i wold love to see the reactions of anybody here if these comments were posted about them on a public forum...i would be most upset if somebody said " i suck all the energy " and they would not be around me of their own accord" i would be hurt.

That said, i stand by my claim :

IF YOU DONT HAVE ANYTHING NICE TO SAY ( that is personal ) DONT SAY ANYTHING AT ALL !

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2007, 06:46:06 PM »
We actually had some positive things to say as well you know Fairuz.

It just seems you only WANT to see the negatives. That is your choice I guess. We have already said the historic content was good etc. The rest is personal opinion of more than one person who has done the tour. Just because you subscribe to the saying If you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing, that doesn't mean every member of the public on tis forum or anywhere else does. Sorry.

Christine
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline FAIRUZ

• Contributor
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2007, 06:54:28 PM »

well im not the only one to see the negatives.... and the lack of involvment from other teams on the forum speaks for its self.

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy