Author Topic: Haunted Bookshop  (Read 19393 times)

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
Haunted Bookshop
« on: June 09, 2005, 05:34:08 PM »
HAUNTED MELBOURNE GHOST TOURS
Run by Drew Sinton
Haunted Bookshop
15 McKillop Street
Melbourne, VIC
Australia
Phone: (03) 9670 2585 for bookings
Haunted Bookstore open during normal business Hours
http://www.haunted.com.au/
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline Flutterbit

• Contributor
Haunted Bookshop
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2005, 05:39:10 PM »
Good tour, very interesting and informative and included (for our group anyway) a bit of paranormal activity.  I just didn't like the tour guide.  He was quite difficult to hear over the local traffic at times and got a little cranky if people asked him to speak up.  So make sure you're near the front of the group.  And I'd suggest guarding against him as well, he tends to suck the energy out of the area around him.  Aside from that it's pretty good.

TTFN
Flutterbit

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
Haunted Bookshop tour account March 2005
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 12:10:44 PM »
We had over 20 people there on the night from our group and our friends. the size of the group was too large in my opinion with over 50 people attending. All of that aside though by the end of the night we had a few experiences between us which is basically why we go on htese things in the first place isn't it.

Niagara Lane- FB, Daemon I also felt the lane was very 'busy'. We stopped at the corner of an old building whilst the guide spoke about the hotel on the corner. This hotel was not the main focus for me though. As we walked past the old building that we stopped on the corner of, I felt a presence in the left hand side of the basement. It wasn't menancing or anything, merely popping up to say hi. I felt it was young person but didn't focus on getting any further information. Later I was speaking about this with FB and her sister and her sister said she sawa little boy in the basement. The same basement I felt the presence in.

The old Cobb and Co station- wow. This will stay with me for a while. I knew the place was trouble when we walked into the street. You could feel it. We slowly walked into the building which is now an undercover parking area. There was a couple of things going on here. Even writing about it now from work where I am removed from it is unpleasant. There was a dark presence that was like the overseer of this assortment of garbage. I did not feel that he was the murderer, I felt this presence was much much older. When we walked in I knew he was there. I said to him that I was not there to harm him and that he couldn't hurt me. I would just stay back here. He made it known that I was not necessarily safe there. I could feel someone behind me and I was at the back of the group but there was a definate presence at my left shoulder. I heard a hissing, like hot metal being put into liquid. It was quite distinct. I turned and stared for I knew something was there. At this point it touched the stud in my right ear and I swung around the other way. This happened twice. I asked Darren if he saw anything. He said no, He also said he did not touch me when I asked. I knew it wasn't him anyway. I stood my ground. There was a very definate black figure up on the balcony. I could see his shoulders and head nothing below it. This was the overseer I spoke with at the beginning. The guide invited us to walk to the back of the building and I thought about doing it, but just for a moment. I did not feel safe at all. I said to the dude that he could have his little realm I wanted nothing to do with it. Re the hissing, the guide told us near the end that the place was an old iron mogery as well. This is the sound I heard. I believe it was a psychic imprint left there for those who could hear to hear. I went outside where I started speaking to FBs sister. Interestingly she did not feel right being in there either and she sensed a much older presence than the murderer as well. I am past the point where I have to prove anything to anyone and was glad to be away from there.

( since doing this tour we have come up with a more viable alternate explanation for the events of this night experienced here)

Melbourne Market-
We were standing at the Queen Vic Marekt. The guide was speaking but FBs sister and my attention was drawn to the back left hand side of where we were standing down the back of the building. There was certainly a presence there. I felt jewish and aboriginal. The a bit later we discovered some aboriginals had been buried there in not so nice circumstances. Apparently the jews were buried outside the walls of the cemetery not far in front of where our attention was drawn to.

From my point of view it was good to get reinforcement from other people who had felt the same thing on the night, FB and her sister and Daemon although I didn't get as much time as I would have liked to speak with him.

I enjoyed meeting up with everyone. I think we have a good basis to go back to perhaps the basement building and see what else we can uncover. Perhaps we can do that at some point. I don't have an urge to go back to the Cobb and Co station/ Iron Mongery.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline Sas

• Green Witch
  • Senior Contributor
  • Each to their Own, so long as it harm None
Re: Haunted Bookshop
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2007, 07:13:09 PM »
I wanted to ask you guy's if you knew about this shop and guy. My sister has met a guy in seymour and he apparently is quiet powerful although sounds to me like he's missing some boundary's, Anyway apparently he found out that the gentleman who runs these tours/ owns the shop is a satanist (Australia's biggest and best or something or rather)and so he went to go check the shop out as he is having trouble getting some books, and when he went there, he said a similar thing happened to him as in felt like he was being purposely leeched of energy and light, and so put up his shields and basically put up a dont mess with me vibe to who ever was doing it. and the owner came over and basically demanded what he wanted, and said that he wouldn't sell anything to him and kicked him out saying never to come back or else.
Now i don't know the guy personally but my sister does and felt he was genuine.
I take it you all didn't feel anything too bad ??
Just curious as was thinking of going on the tour.
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
~ Les Brown.

Offline chainz

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2007, 07:15:34 PM »
From what I have heard...He does suck your energy I think.

Offline Sas

• Green Witch
  • Senior Contributor
  • Each to their Own, so long as it harm None
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2007, 07:32:53 PM »
Hmmm thats not cool regardless of anything else
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
~ Les Brown.

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2007, 10:30:20 PM »
The history part was interesting but there is no way I would choose to be around him again of my own free will.

Christine
Douglas Adams

Offline Wilbur Smith

• Newcomer
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2007, 12:29:31 PM »
I have known Drew personally for a number of years and I don't find him to "suck the energy" from anything.
People should not pass judgement on someone until the meet the person and have a face to face chat.
Then they will find out that the person that they see on the tours and in the shop and socially as different people completely. (Its an Image)
I have been spending the last few weekend in his presents and he is nothing but pleasant, inviting and well mannered. And not a single Bats head was bitten of by him and not a single virgin sacrificed.
(And several other ppl on here that have been spending time with us will also agree)
ch 31 8.02pm 05.03.07
----------------------------------------------

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2007, 02:34:57 PM »
Well I have met him personally (an chatted at length) on several occasions (not socially) and obviously our opinions differ but that's ok. I am glad you didn't have the same experience. I can only say what I experienced.

Christine
Douglas Adams

Offline leah

• Senior Contributor
  • Live. Laugh. Love
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2007, 08:59:26 PM »
hi, just reading thru these posts and someone made mention of putting up you guards? can you explain how this is done or is is different for everyone?
"God, grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change...Courage to change the things I can...and Wisdom to know the difference."

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2007, 12:06:10 PM »
Hi Leah
we are doing a chat session on psychic protection soon. The roster is in the Cafe area. Also if you search this site for psychic protection is for everyone, you will see some posts about it as well.
Christine
Douglas Adams

Offline FAIRUZ

• Contributor
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2007, 09:12:35 PM »
i think people should start thinking a little more about the things they say on this forum, while everybody here has their own personal opinions about others we ALL should remember this is a public forum and many people read it, and if we don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all! this is where problems start.....

Offline chainz

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2007, 09:39:14 PM »
i think people should start thinking a little more about the things they say on this forum, while everybody here has their own personal opinions about others we ALL should remember this is a public forum and many people read it, and if we don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all! this is where problems start.....

It's like reviewing a product but a person!!!

Offline GypsyM

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2007, 01:23:29 AM »
 ???HUH Chainz?
It's not enough to believe what you see, you should see what you believe.............

Offline chainz

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2007, 07:51:26 AM »
Fairuz said don't say anything at all...How are people ment to know if the thing is good or not..

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal