Author Topic: What would you like to see added to the forum?  (Read 51224 times)

Offline violet

• Wordweaving Whiz
  • Senior Contributor
Re: What would you like to see added to the forum?
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2008, 08:54:22 PM »
Excellent!  Christine, it would be great if you moved GaryTD's and my fiction into the portal to start it off (if that's ok with Gary).  Let me know if you want me to send you the links to mine.

Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.
- Goethe

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2008, 08:55:33 PM »
Can you send me the links so I don't have to go scouring through millions of posts to find them if you can please?
Thansk
Christine
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline JulieD

• Reiki Lightworker- Wiccan Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • Senior Contributor
    • Macedon Ranges Olde Town Tours
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2008, 09:10:29 AM »
Yay!

Look for the light in everyone you meet.
You may be the only person that ever sees it.

Offline lotsakids

• Super Sleuth
  • Team Researcher
  • Senior Contributor
    • Poppets Place
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2008, 02:41:50 PM »
more smilies...specifically a 'hitting your head repeatedly against brick wall' one..would come in really handy right about now..sigh

One day my light went out, but was blown again into flame by an encounter with some wonderful people I call friends. I owe the deepest thanks to those who have rekindled this inner light...
[inspired by Albert Schweitzer]

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2008, 08:11:24 PM »
I will ask Jazza about those too.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline violet

• Wordweaving Whiz
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2008, 09:33:31 AM »
Christine, I have PM-d you the links to those posts of mine which I think could be moved into the new Stories portal.  Thanks again for setting it up, I hope lots of people will gear up their creativity and contribute!  It's so much fun.

Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.
- Goethe

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2008, 12:13:54 PM »
All done. Thanks Violet.
Douglas Adams

Offline tk62

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2008, 02:20:22 PM »
I think a place that is for education, where people can go to get answers from other members, not the library, as you said Christine that makes it a heavy load for you, so a place that people can get feedback from the more experienced members and ask questions, this way they will also get a lot of varying answers, thus leaving it up to them to find within that their own truth, which to me, I think very important. Perhaps we could have a heading and a blurb about how to listen and take what is best for you from others and not just blindly follow what is said by just one person or the collective.
Also I think perhaps in the readings, could there be different sections, perhaps being one for lifestyle readings and another for spirit connection and perhaps angel card and tarot readings, this could help people connect with the right reader for them and also for the readers to choose and practice in different areas, again perhaps a blurb at the start to explain the difference in these readings.
"If our personality survives death, then it is strictly logical or scientific to assume that it retains memory, intellect, other faculties, and knowledge that we acquire on this earth." — Thomas Edison

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2008, 02:43:14 PM »
Hi TK,
"I think a place that is for education, where people can go to get answers from other members, not the library", I guess that's what each portal is for largely.

As for the different types of readings. We are somewhat limited in the software we use. We are not easily able to create children tables. That is, categories under main categories. And I am loathe to create that many new indiviual sections that can be encompassed by one main topic. I think the readings section is under utilised at present though.

Christine

Douglas Adams

Offline tk62

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2008, 04:06:17 PM »
OK
"If our personality survives death, then it is strictly logical or scientific to assume that it retains memory, intellect, other faculties, and knowledge that we acquire on this earth." — Thomas Edison

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2008, 03:11:01 PM »
Sadly we are unable to add more smileys to the software. We can put them where the others are, but they don't appear as part of the selection. SMF is being upgraded soon and we hope they will install more smilies.
Douglas Adams

Offline SPECTER

• Inductee
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2008, 10:16:39 AM »
a debunking section like TAPS
I don't see dead people. They see me =)

Offline Sas

• Green Witch
  • Senior Contributor
  • Each to their Own, so long as it harm None
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2008, 10:53:48 AM »
Nice Idea Specter :)
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
~ Les Brown.

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2008, 11:43:00 AM »
What do you mean? I am not a member of their forum.
Douglas Adams

Offline Sas

• Green Witch
  • Senior Contributor
  • Each to their Own, so long as it harm None
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2008, 02:20:54 PM »
hmm now that you say that Christine i am not either. So i dont know what Specter means.
BUt the idea that came to me is an area where we explain how we have debunked locations, either through the area begin uninvestigateable ( you know what i mean) due to the buliding coming apart, or how we were able to re create photos while at an investigation ( i'll pm you an example of what i mean here) Etc. I think that is a great idea, and area that gives people logical explanations for things that they are experiencing with automatically assuming its paranormal. ( still excited from your news so not sure if i am making sense right now !:) )
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
~ Les Brown.

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal