Author Topic: Prince Henry Hospital Little Bay  (Read 53688 times)

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
Re: Prince Henry Hospital Little Bay
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2007, 03:30:39 PM »
Deputies bust ghosthunters at Central State

Stephanie Gibson
The Union-Recorder

A group of 11 ghosthunters got their expedition cut short after they were arrested for criminal trespass Saturday night.

The Georgia Paranormal Society, operated by Ben and Beth Dedrick of McDuffie County, were on location at the Walker Building at Central State Hospital when their investigation was interrupted by two Baldwin County sheriff’s deputies commanding them to come out of the building.

“We arrived at the Walker building around 9:30 p.m.,” said Ben Dedrick. “About five minutes later, nine of our crew went inside to walk around, and two of us were outside walking the perimeter of the building. The next thing we know, two deputies pull up and put their lights on us and told us to all get out of the building.”

Dedrick said it wasn’t long before 10 more deputies showed up, questioning the group about what they were doing.

If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

andiee

« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2010, 09:51:16 PM »
hey man i know im new to this but could one of you please pm me or postback here a address or something i can type into the GPS to get to this place sounds really cool would like to go with a few of my friends weve been all over picton, miller haha looking for ghosts our most scary was picton but ive heard this place is worse .. neway please if some1 could help me would be great thanks!

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2010, 10:08:47 PM »
Sorry but we do not condone sending people to allegedly haunted places. We also don't condone trespassing. And what would you do when you got there anyway??
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 04:31:27 AM by Christine »
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline sli

• Newcomer
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2011, 10:18:01 AM »
Hi all

Firstly just so you know the whole of the Prince Henry area is under development and there is no access to the old hospital site. The old hospital is fenced off and there is a security guard with a very large and loud dog on site 24/7. We had a good chat to the guard and he stated that in the 2 yrs he has worked there he has never seen heard or experienced anything unusual.

The site is quite decrepit with broken windows and busted doors flapping in the sea breezes. personally only felt uncomfortable around the stairwell tower on the south side, facing the sea, of the newer brick part of the hospital.

I have also included some pictures of the headland cemetery close by, it was extremely peaceful. Though I can understand that a night visit may be an assault on the senses with sounds of the sea, the  sandstone cliffs and the animals to contend with (it is all NP area). I was disappointed to see how neglected the area was... :-[

Hope you all enjoy and be careful around theses areas as there are many drops off cliffs which are hard to see.

Enjoy

Stew

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21084255@N08/5500747080/

Offline Georgous Granny

• On Probation
  • Junior Contributor
  • non timebo mala
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2011, 09:58:50 PM »
My family and I went on a late night drive and ended up at the hospital about 21/2 years ago. There is a visitors part where you can tour and see some of the old buildings on a Monday. Last time I checked you can still do the tour. Its a national landmark and will be preserved, not pulled down.
 The night we ended up there, on the way to Lapa, the guard was happy just to watch us drive around.
Definately think that noone should just go and 'help themselves'.
But I do think that some of the tours that are around really suck if you want to experience for yourself and not be 'told' what is around.
just my 2 bobs worth
"Always be yourself... because the people that matter, don't mind and the people that do mind, don't matter".

Offline Salt Breeze

• Sea Mystic
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2011, 08:24:34 AM »
Thanks for posting the photos sli.   It does look like a peaceful old cemetery.  Your pics of the buildings are great too.  (It's amazing how vandals find pleasure in smashing windows.)

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal