Author Topic: Prince Henry Hospital Little Bay  (Read 53712 times)

Offline vict0r81

• Centurion
Prince Henry Hospital Little Bay
« on: July 28, 2007, 09:41:36 PM »
Hey Everyone, have you guys been or heard of this place? it's about 15 minutes from where i live and my friends and i went there last night at about 1 in the morning. And this place is freeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaakkkkkyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!. It's now abandoned and in a very poor state, i mean it's all smashed up with no windows no doors broken walls. And it's pitch black at night inside you can't even see pass your own hand, and it has a lot of long corridors which split in different directions that have rooms on both sides which are very dark and you can't see what is inside them unless you shine in there with the torch. we didn't end up going all the way inside the building it was just too scary but we are planning to go back there sometime next week with more torches and a video camera perhaps we can get something on video because apparently there is a ghost of a female nurse wondering the premises.

Here is some backround on the place if anyone is interested

http://www.capebanks.org.au/henry.html

and another site of someoneelse experience inside that building which is very interesting

http://www.rameysrealm.com/littlebay.htm

I'm the best from the east i'm a wobbling midget beast AAAAAAWWWWW!!!!!!! Unphantomanably Believable !!!!!!

Offline scaredycat

• Senior Contributor
Re: Prince Henry Hospital Little Bay
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2007, 09:49:31 PM »
Make sure victor that you seek permission to enter these buildings, as 9 times out of 10 this is private property.

Alot of these older buildings are extremely dangerous so please be extremely careful and respect! Also be in mind that alot of them still have harm contaminated building products that when broken apart they can distribute harmful toxic material into your lungs.

Proceed with caution :)
Ability is what you're capable of doing...
Motivation determines what you do...
Attitude determines how well you do it. ~ Herman de Zwaan

Offline chainz

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2007, 09:54:06 PM »
Would be a good place for photos!
Sounds pretty cool.

Offline vict0r81

• Centurion
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2007, 10:01:25 PM »
Thanx SC i've been around the area many times just during the day, and only found out that it was haunted not long ago but definitely will be carefull thanx for your concerns. I'll keep you uptodate if we do end up getting anything on camera :)
I'm the best from the east i'm a wobbling midget beast AAAAAAWWWWW!!!!!!! Unphantomanably Believable !!!!!!

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2007, 10:18:09 PM »
You need to get permission to access abandoned buildings. It is tresspassing.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline scaredycat

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2007, 10:42:53 PM »
thinking back to the post that states there were security lights, makes you think that they are there for a reason
Ability is what you're capable of doing...
Motivation determines what you do...
Attitude determines how well you do it. ~ Herman de Zwaan

Offline vict0r81

• Centurion
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2007, 11:10:50 PM »
well if i get arrested i'll let you guys know looool

Offline GaryTheDemon

• Wordsmith
  • Global Moderator
  • Senior Contributor
  • Look behind you. Now!
    • Videoscape Productions
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2007, 12:09:11 AM »
vic - from a legal perspective there are a couple of outcomes that you might encounter:

1. if you or anyone else is injured you will be liable.  that means if you go there with someone else and they are hit by a falling brick, or sniff in some blue asbestos, they can assert that you took them and therefore you would be liable.  as this would involve a civil action there is no onus on proof, just a requirement to convince a jury.  this could result in you losing everything you own.

2. if you are caught trespassing, you could be fined or even jailed - subject to the local cops and how they charge you.

Getting permission from the site owners will fix up problem 2, but for problem 1 you need to get everyone involved to sign an indemnity form that exempts you from liability.

You can laugh it off, and you'll probably be ok, but if you are not then it could impact you for the rest of your life.  It's legal fact.

If you cannot love, then at least don't hate.
If you cannot help, then at least don't hurt.

Offline vict0r81

• Centurion
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2007, 05:20:37 AM »
Hey Gary thanx for your concern i realise all the risk factors and will be careful about anything we do when we'll go there again. As for getting some sort of desease from that place i don't think there is anything there now because the whole area is a construction area and during the day there is a lot of trucks cars and construction workers working so if there was any danger in that regard then it wouldnt be safe for them to work there. And soon enough that whole building won't be there anyway so best try and get in before the curtain goes down lool.

Offline GaryTheDemon

• Wordsmith
  • Global Moderator
  • Senior Contributor
  • Look behind you. Now!
    • Videoscape Productions
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2007, 12:21:38 PM »
My last word on the subject if that some buildings made bit use of stuff like blue asbestos and so you should at least try to see during the day if there are any signs up in terms of warnings.

also, if they are demolishing then the structure will have very unsafe areas.

I am very sure you are careful and i'm probably telling you things you already know, but even a freak accident could devestate your life - even if it happens to someone else.

Offline vict0r81

• Centurion
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2007, 07:04:19 PM »
Thanx Gary we'll all be carefull, how has your weekend been?

Offline phil52

• Contributor
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2007, 07:50:20 PM »
i know of this site when it was still a working hospital there were radiotherapy units infectious disease wards .... i am talking nasty infectious crap....so tread warily
Why do psychics have doorbells ?

Offline GaryTheDemon

• Wordsmith
  • Global Moderator
  • Senior Contributor
  • Look behind you. Now!
    • Videoscape Productions
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2007, 08:12:12 PM »
Weekends are like good movies.  too few, and too short!!!!!

hey - watchout.  there was a movie "tromoman?" - you dont want to get mutated by nuclear waste!

Offline vict0r81

• Centurion
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2007, 08:14:49 PM »
Thanx Phil will do, Tromoman? what is that about? how old is thatr movie? i'll try and find it.

Offline GaryTheDemon

• Wordsmith
  • Global Moderator
  • Senior Contributor
  • Look behind you. Now!
    • Videoscape Productions
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2007, 08:25:27 PM »
sorry, i have been eating dumb dumb bullets!  the film was 'the toxic avenger'.  I think it might have been made by troma films.....

:)

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal