Author Topic: Upcoming ghost tours at Wallaroo  (Read 10447 times)

Offline lotsakids

• Super Sleuth
  • Team Researcher
  • Senior Contributor
    • Poppets Place
Re: Upcoming ghost tours at Wallaroo
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2007, 10:00:53 AM »
An update on the tour..

We set off with about 80 people, the tour took just over an hour and a half which was pretty good value for $4, and did a loop of the town taking in the main street, town hall, church, police station, railway station and hotels before continuing to the beach and back to the museum where it had started.

The guide was informative and had a few personal stories to add to the mix of history and local yarns which made for a good narrative.
 It turns out that there are quite a few stories of hauntings in Wallaroo, and more than one account of each one which could be worth following up at a later date.

All in all it was a good way to spend a couple of hours, and I got to learn a little bit more about the history of our area so well worth the effort...janine

One day my light went out, but was blown again into flame by an encounter with some wonderful people I call friends. I owe the deepest thanks to those who have rekindled this inner light...
[inspired by Albert Schweitzer]

Offline Chris

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2007, 12:09:24 PM »
Sounds great Janine...I love Wallaroo (to visit) lots of old heritage and architecture - but more importantly, lots of ghosts!!
May God bless you all....

fragl

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2007, 12:08:42 AM »
you will have to let me know next time they run it again, i would love to attend next time.

Offline lotsakids

• Super Sleuth
  • Team Researcher
  • Senior Contributor
    • Poppets Place
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2007, 12:12:57 AM »
will do, it was run in conjunction with the cornish festival..maybe give the wallaroo information centre a ring they ran it so may have others going..I wouldnt mind going again, there were too many last time to hear the guide properly..janine

One day my light went out, but was blown again into flame by an encounter with some wonderful people I call friends. I owe the deepest thanks to those who have rekindled this inner light...
[inspired by Albert Schweitzer]

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal