Author Topic: Rockingham Cemetry  (Read 17702 times)

Offline Trent1

• Senior Contributor
Re: Rockingham Cemetry
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2007, 12:49:56 PM »
People SHOULD see them for memories and lessons, regret and loss, but not something to look at and want to become... thank them that they did it so we wont have to, and we are (again), just hope in 30 years time when the war graves are lain out from iraq that people then will look at them and think "enough is enough" instead of "cool lets go join the army and fight *whatever country america has a problem with that year*, a har har har" *rolls eyes* caus thats been history so far...
We are merely a part of the universe, in its entirety. like a leaf on a tree, in the ground, covered by atmosphere, pulled by gravity around the sun... it goes on.
We are all one.
Don't you think its time we started acting like it

Offline tk62

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2007, 01:15:26 PM »
You are right to a point Trent, but WWII was started by the Germans not the Americans, they didn't come into it until pearl Harbour. But yes we have followed the US on this latest war as well as Vietnam, but to not do so, puts us at a great risk as doing so does, we must not be seen as weak, for the weak shall NOT inherit the earth, you know so much of this war and hatred comes down to religion, and yes every 30 years or so we will have a major war, and it is up to the youth to change this, they must become at peace with their neighbours, this will never happen as the Utopia that we would all love to have. I don't blame the ones who join the army, for I don't truly believe that they think it will be all fun and hey lets have a war, We must have an army, if not you would not be what you are today, FREE, someone would just walk in and destroy the very thing that so many have and still are fighting and dying for. This forum is a good example of a melting pot of beliefs, the people that created it, did so because they are free to do it, we have right of speech and right of belief, the armies we have and did have helped to create this and sustain it, I will always salute the men and women in our armed forces, as I do know a few and they are not by any means wanting to go to war, but that being said they would not back down. So I sort of agree with you, but I have my views as well and you know what, That is just fine. :) ;D
"If our personality survives death, then it is strictly logical or scientific to assume that it retains memory, intellect, other faculties, and knowledge that we acquire on this earth." — Thomas Edison

Offline Trent1

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2007, 01:22:08 PM »
I wasnt underlying the efforts of the army who fought for our freedome and i know a country without one is screwed.... Just wishfull thinking that people grow a brain sometime i guess, and yes tk lol that is just fine
We are merely a part of the universe, in its entirety. like a leaf on a tree, in the ground, covered by atmosphere, pulled by gravity around the sun... it goes on.
We are all one.

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
  • Felineous caticus pusspuss
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2007, 01:43:39 PM »
Sadly, it doesn't matter how 'enlightened' the rest of the world is, it takes only one little tin-pot dictator and everything is back to square one.  Everytime I see Sierra Leone. Rwanda..Zimbabwe,  I cry.  Those poor people, and the worst of it seems to be that no one cares!  Maybe the best thing that could happen to these countries IS for oil to be discovered.  Even when the government over there starts out with the best of intentions, it always seem to fall down again!
IS it the fact that the world seems to have a "well, there only black, so who care type attitude? It really sadens me to think that racism could be the main reason why the world seems to have deserted these people!

Offline Trent1

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2007, 01:46:34 PM »
yes, but mainly arrogance... *looks around*, did i say that? oh yeh, i did...
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 01:47:33 PM by Trent1 »
We are all one.

Offline GypsyM

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2007, 02:49:35 PM »
Oh indeed young master Trent!

Arrogance and Ignorance.....
It's not enough to believe what you see, you should see what you believe.............

Offline PixxieQueen

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2007, 04:26:49 PM »
It's not the race nor the oppressiveness of the country that determines the war. That is should ''we'' step in in and save them.  It is what is to be gained by doing so. There is always  a monetary gain for the leaders of the invading country. such as America with the oil situation. So explains why poor countries seemed to be forgotten. There are some terrible things happing to the people of these nations. but there is nothing to gain for the more powerful countries, such as America to intervene.
We cannot change what others think or their actions, but we can change our reaction, that is the choice.

Offline tk62

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2007, 11:12:58 PM »
Pizie, hear hear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"If our personality survives death, then it is strictly logical or scientific to assume that it retains memory, intellect, other faculties, and knowledge that we acquire on this earth." — Thomas Edison

Offline SpiritOne

• Contributor
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2007, 12:21:48 PM »
Hmmm... i have just skimmed over this topic, and i noticed that there was a couple of comments on having 18/19 year olds visit Gallipoli, Hell Fire Pass or the Kakoda Trail...
Well about 7 or 8 years ago i visited the Holocaust Mueseum in Washington DC, and after leaving there physically and emotionally upset and exhausted my gf and i at the time both agreed that every leader of the free and not so free world should visit this mueseum, to show them the cost of so called absolute power, there were a lot of younger people there that day and i can only hope that they looked at the horror of what we were shown and let me tell you it is not watered down to politically correct, you see it all everything and that is the most confronting thing to think that other human being could do that to so many innocent people.

So i think maybe the young should put this muesuem on their list of destinations.... even now when i think of my visit there it runs chills up my spine.

Sorry to waffle on

Spirit

Offline space cadet

• Newcomer
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2008, 01:15:34 AM »

Well i decided that i am going to drag my wife and daughter (Son wont have a bar of it) out to Rockingham cemetery when i next return to WA and have a poke about my self. Two trips should do the trick, one during the day and one at night.
 ;D

Hey Neptune you old salt ....dont forget me when you go looking...this I dont want to miss........

Offline cripau

• Newcomer
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2010, 04:43:54 PM »
we been going to rockingam cemetry on and of for a few years now and we have court good photos on digital camera and some evps as well but i do agree it is not one of the most haunted places here

Offline jarnsaxa

• Centurion
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2010, 07:53:51 PM »
I live in Rockingham and have been to the cemetary on numerous occasions but I would not give it the title of most haunted.Myself and others have experienced a range of activity including orbs,EVP's,coloured mists,being poked and even what seems like the appearance of an angelic being,with a sword! :-[It has a beautiful serene feeling,peaceful and sedate.There are many sources of light[an encroaching industrial area],lots of decorations having glowing and flashing bits,have to look much more closely at photos.
I expect different people to get varied results anywhere they go,just because I haven't experienced what they did,doesnt mean that they are incorrect.I also like to re-visit places several times because I've had different results at different times at the same location,right place-right time?

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal