Author Topic: Is there a baby for me?  (Read 38005 times)

Offline violet

• Wordweaving Whiz
  • Senior Contributor
Is there a baby for me?
« on: March 16, 2007, 01:44:36 PM »
I've been desperate to ask but felt uncertain about imposing...  I would really appreciate your generosity if you can tell me whether you see a baby for me and when.  My husband and I have been trying for five or six months.

Fingers (but not legs) crossed...

Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.
- Goethe

Offline zacklola

• Centurion
Re: Is there a baby for me?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007, 08:17:41 AM »
i cant tell you anything pyschicly but i can tell you to relax. After 5 or 6 monthsyou should still be enjoying trying and not getting desperate. I have been trying for 7 years and the biggest piece of advice i could give anyone is to relax and dont think too much about it.
Scientificly most woman concieve at about 12 months so relax and enjoy yourself.
I hope you have some luck soon.
jo
A pet is forever, Not just christmas.....

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2007, 11:08:20 PM »
Hi Violet,
when I first read this post earlier in the week I got the message 2 years. I am not sure if that means you will be pregnant in that time or have a baby in that time though.
As soon as you relax and the pressure comes off (or you forget you are trying) it tends to happen.

Christine
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline violet

• Wordweaving Whiz
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 09:33:19 PM »
Thanks zacklola and Christine :)

Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.
- Goethe

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2007, 09:59:36 PM »
Nice avatar Violet. So cute!
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline violet

• Wordweaving Whiz
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2007, 10:27:10 PM »
Thanks Christine.  It's my beautiful Dushka.  I'll love him all my life.

And your angel's back image is stunning.

- Goethe

Anahera

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2007, 08:25:31 AM »
I think on 'average' (and I use that term loosely)  it takes about a year of TTC.  Were you on contraception??

Offline violet

• Wordweaving Whiz
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2007, 11:50:34 AM »
Yes Anahera I was (the mini pill) but I stopped at least a year before we started trying.

A friend told me when you first go off the pill your fertility spikes, so often people conceive quickly when they first start.  Maybe this is what happened with all our friends!  We feel like underachievers 'cause all our friends got pregnant first go.

- Goethe

Offline tk62

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2007, 12:32:41 PM »
Stop worrying and even thinking about it, the reason you aren't pregnant yet is because it is not the time, everything has a time and we cannot push it, for to do so would be making the path harder, just go about your life and make no allowances for the fact one day you will have children, and it will happen in its time, whether this is by natural causes or by medical intervention, it makes no difference when the time is right, it will all just flow so nicely.
"If our personality survives death, then it is strictly logical or scientific to assume that it retains memory, intellect, other faculties, and knowledge that we acquire on this earth." — Thomas Edison

Anahera

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2007, 07:37:46 PM »
Have you tried www.fertilityfriend.com ?  You can chart your menstrual cycle daily and record when and when you ovulate.  It might be that you ovulate at different times.

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
  • Felineous caticus pusspuss
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2007, 07:40:13 PM »
I never realized how hard getting pregnant can be for some people until I started posting on these paranormal boards.  All my pregnancies have occured while I was on some sort of birth control.  My problem was always the opposite.  Constant worry about getting pregnant. 

Offline leah

• Senior Contributor
  • Live. Laugh. Love
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2007, 11:19:09 PM »
Violet, everytime i read the title of this post my mind reads "Is there a baby for me....or not?
I'm asking myself why this is and am hoping that it's not a sign that the answer to your question is no.
"God, grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change...Courage to change the things I can...and Wisdom to know the difference."

Offline jorgen

• Inductee
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2007, 12:23:07 PM »
sorry, meant to post in the other baby question thread.

BUT

while you are waiting for your body to do what it is going to do, why not turn the romance up and concentrate on enjoying sex, not worrying about getting pregnant.  Its the journey, not the destination (it is the destination, but if you have fun on the way the blinding desire for result fades).

get your grrrrrroove on!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 12:27:51 PM by jorgen »

Anahera

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2007, 12:48:36 PM »
how are you doing Violet?

Offline violet

• Wordweaving Whiz
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2007, 11:54:54 PM »
I've decided I'm conceiving a baby very soon.  I'm being a clearing for love, welbeing and new life.  It's made a big difference to my state of mind.

So thanks everyone for your advice, and for asking how I'm going Anahera.

- Goethe

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal