Author Topic: Haunted Fairbridge  (Read 22885 times)

Offline kurts

• Newcomer
  • Paranormal Investigator
Haunted Fairbridge
« on: March 16, 2007, 12:02:15 AM »
Hey all.

Just wondering if anyone has heard of any stories from Fairbridge in W.A.?
I have conducted a series of small investigations on the premises, and have managed to capture wat appears to be a child's face in the kitchen window of the cottage I was staying in.
A lot of folk have reported experiencing strange events while staying or working out at Fairbridge, many I have spoken to are reluctant to share their experiences, and vow never return to the place.
I am not physic and have never experinced anything which defies all logic myself, and have been investigating hauntings for many years, however I did feel a sort of uneasy sick feeling while photographing particular rooms of the cottage, and left them immediatley.

I have been trying to do as much research possible on paranormal activity at Fairbridge, but I am finding it is becoming increasingly difficult to continue as I believe I have hit a brick wall, as it seems nobody I speak to regarding this is interested. However I have managed to access several records which were not released to the public on certain deaths which occured in the Village's early days which are quite interesting..

I am now turning to the public and other paranormal enthusiests for information which could aid my research.
Has anyone ever heard any stories about the ghosts at Fairbridge? Or know of anybody who has?

Fairbridge was a Farm School for Orpahns in the early 1900's, it is located near Pinjarra, Mandurah - Western Australia.

I look foward to your response.

Cheers Kurt

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
  • Felineous caticus pusspuss
Re: Haunted Fairbridge
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 08:26:45 AM »
Hi Kurt,
This is the first time I've heard of the place, sorry, can't help!  We d have a few WA residents that may be more helpful.  It certianly sounds an interesting village

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 06:36:20 PM »
I know Mandurah but only vaguely. Sounds interesting though. Let us know if you find out more. Where did you complete a PhD in Metaphysics by the way?

Christine
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

~Michelle~

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2007, 12:20:33 AM »
I have been past Fairbridge many times (in-laws live that way). But have never heard anything. Sorry

Offline Neptune

• Centurion
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2007, 03:11:29 PM »
One of my colleagues worked at fairbridge for 12 months as an instructor. He left their about 12 months ago. He is away at the moment but i will surely interrogate him on his return. Unfortunately he is a total non believer so i will have to use some tact. 8)
Temperance Card 14.

Offline tk62

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2007, 08:42:41 PM »
Kurt I have not heard of this place myself, but that does not mean much as I am not quite into researching such things, but you say you are not psychic, yet you did sense some thing, this is what you can build on.
"If our personality survives death, then it is strictly logical or scientific to assume that it retains memory, intellect, other faculties, and knowledge that we acquire on this earth." — Thomas Edison

Offline Neptune

• Centurion
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2007, 06:20:37 PM »
Sorry Kurt, i got way laid

My friend tells me its common knowledge that their is something happening at Fairbridge and with its history being as such it doesn't suprise. This seems to be common knowledge about the town being that he mentioned psychic groups occasionally spend the evening investigating the phenomenon. My friend was a full time employee for over a year but admits he would never stay the night. He also says that a cemetery remains on site set deep out the back towards Alcoa.

Sorry i couldn't provide any more info. 8)
Temperance Card 14.

Offline AngelStar

• Centurion
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2007, 10:00:42 PM »
Hi Kurt

I live in Mandurah and have heard heaps of info from Fairbridge.  My cousin, has had first hand experience with living there for a few years about 17-18 years ago.  It was a Montessori school for a while and she actually lived out there.  She said in some of the 'houses' there was quite a bit activity.  She heard creaking and footsteps at night.  It was a 'dorm' type situation so with other people living there with her it wasn't as bad.  She says she also remembers activity during the day but it wasn't as prominent.  She said some people saw apparitions and things at night, but as she was quite young and not 'into it' back then she didn't pay a lot of attention to it.

She said a lot of activity happened in the 'Evelyn' building.  I'm not sure if that's the name of it still, but she's confident the building is still named that.  She said the chapel/church was quite active there too.  She actually got married in the chapel and felt that eerie things happened that day as well!  That was 10 years ago. 

The funny thing is, there's often been occasions when I've been out there and for some reason or another I can never stay there for long.  I didn't attend my cousin's wedding 10 years ago because of a falling out.  I went to a wedding a few years before that and it was so big we couldn't get in the chapel!  I also went for a job there 9 years ago when the Fairbridge foundation was just taking off and I missed out, although after a couple of days the lady who got the job turned it down and they offered it to me.  By then I'd taken another job that was offered and never took it.  I am a clairvoyant medium, and I think deep down I didn't want to be part of it  ???

I would say there's a lot of history there considering it started out as an orphanage.  I know you're asking about Fairbridge, there's also a lot of history around Pinjarra as well.  Makes for interesting reading  ;)

Hope this helps  :)

Offline kurts

• Newcomer
  • Paranormal Investigator
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2007, 10:40:56 PM »
Hey AngelStar, thanks for the comment, and thankyou to everyone else who contributed to this topic..
Whilst I am neither a believer nor an sceptic, more "open minded", I will accept evidence when it is genuine, saying this.. I believe there is definatley something at Fairbridge, but as you said, givings it's history as a Farm School orphanage, it is hardly suprising that there are multiple hauntings at this location..
I have taken some photo's from inside the chapel, some revealing orbs but nothing very conclusive.. The cottage you mentioned "Evelyn", I think this may have been renamed, I am not familliar with this particular cottage unfortunatley. I have investigated Fairbridge's apparent most haunted cottage "Clive" as well as "Wolfe" and am hoping to orgaise a group investigation of Fairbirdge House itself (Kingsley Fairbridge lived in this large cottage for many years) waiting on some new gear form the UK though..
Yes, Pinjarra definatley does have some interesting history.. The ghost of the young girl who haunts the old Pinjarra Bridge, have heard of some other haunts out there also..
In my opinion, we have an undiscovered gold mine for paranormal activity and research just waiting to be investigated right in our own back yard!!
Why go anywhere else to source results?

Cheers, Kurt

Offline chimpy

• Newcomer
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2007, 01:41:53 AM »
hey kurts, i actually started a new thread about Fairbridge before i saw yours..i stayed there for a week at a school camp about 10 years ago. i can't remember the name of the house, all i remember is the upstairs area where we all slept, there was two big rooms and one tiny two-bed room that my frind and i slept in.  Our tiny room was just off one of the big rooms, and the other room had double doors leading out onto a small balcony.  i don't remember much of the spooky stuff that happened except for the double doors opening and slamming shut.  There was another room that was locked, when we peeked thru a gap we could see that the floor was at like a 45 degree angle...somehow we came up with the idea that the door-slammer was a man, a farmer type...enough little things happened that we ended asking one of the long-time staff there if our house was haunted. She told us yes, it was haunted by a little boy...not much else i can tell you, except i think it would be an awesome place to investigate!!

Bernie22

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2016, 07:46:23 PM »
hi everyone
huhhhhh
[/color]
[/size]
[/font]
Hi Kurt,
This is the first time I've heard of the place, sorry, can't help!  We d have a few WA residents that may be more helpful.  It certianly sounds an interesting village

Hi , I know Faribridge well. I was there as a young child 10 yrs old. Not surprised that it may be hunted  I had some bad experiences there.  My little sister was electrocuted there whilst she was drinking from a water fountain in the playground.  This was witnessed by many and some still have nightmares about the incident .to this day. Just been contacted by someone who  has suffered as a result of him seeing the whole incident unfold. He was given ni counselling as myself . This place Fairbridge was an institution and lots of us suffered at others hands. Lots of uni accounted deaths have now been uncovered that were swept under the carper, so to speak  These children had been forgotten and now I believe they are present iat Fairbridge and won't rest until their stories have been told. They will not rest in peace  until justice has been done, they won't be forgotten

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal