Author Topic: Brisbane Ghost Tour  (Read 15215 times)

Anonymous

Brisbane Ghost Tour
« on: June 08, 2005, 11:22:08 PM »
Please feel freely to call or email if you are interested to go, there are several things

Established in 1998 by local horror historian Jack Sim,  G h o s t  T o u r s combines the unique experience of visiting Brisbane and Southern Queensland's most historic haunted sites with the ancient art of storytelling. Hear classic local ghost stories, urban legends and myths, true tales of tragedy, crime, murder, mystery, magic, witchcraft, love & death. Sites include infamous Boggo Road Jail, Toowong Cemetery, South Brisbane Cemetery.

http://www.ghost-tours.com.au/

Or
Contact Debbie Lindsay & Amanda Marriott mobile number is 0411 107 833, with the above details so your final arrangements can be made:  

Email:         bookings@ghost-tours.com.au (24 hours)

Telephone:   07 3344 7265 Monday - Thursday 9.00am - 4.30 pm.; Friday 10:00am - 2:00pm

Mobile:      0411 107 833 (after hours bookings/tour difficulties only)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 12:51:43 AM by Christine »

Offline woodnu

• Junior Contributor
  • Life is what you make of it.
Re: Brisbane Ghost Tour
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 07:49:30 PM »
Been in contact about these tours and not allowed to bring video camera, waiting to hear if i can bring a normal camera and a voice recorder.They explain why but still It would of been good to film the surrounding areas.

May go May not I will wait and see.
woodnu

Offline Samina_Pumpkin

• Newcomer
    • My Myspace
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 02:23:03 PM »
Actually, my boyfriend and I have booked into one with Jack Sim ACTUALLY hosting on the 22nd of December through Brisbane City (starting in the Mall) which should be absolutely awesome; well I'm hoping as I've never been on one before.

I've read a few of his books and really enjoy them, so I'll more than likely be an annoying fan girl trying to get him to sign one of them :p

Anbody else been on one of these tours before?
"A tree is the most perfect of spiritual beings, with its roots buried alive in Mother Earth and its limbs alive and growing in Father Sky."

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 03:43:39 PM »
Not on the Brisbane one. You will find plenty of reviews of other tours on here though.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline Salt Breeze

• Sea Mystic
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2007, 05:58:49 PM »
I personally believe that generally any tour operators who won't let you take camera equipment are merely trying keep the site for themselves, so that people have to continue to 'pay them' to see the things on the tour. There may be rare exceptions, but mostly I think its all about the almighty dollar.

If people could all take photos and videos, we could then share them with everyone, via forums, websites, emails, magazine articles, Utube, etc.  By banning cameras etc, the tour operators eliminate those venues, and thus keep people locked into their tours. 

Offline GaryTheDemon

• Wordsmith
  • Global Moderator
  • Senior Contributor
  • Look behind you. Now!
    • Videoscape Productions
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2007, 06:05:10 PM »
can't take a camera? even ghosts are now protected by the privacy act. LOL

If you cannot love, then at least don't hate.
If you cannot help, then at least don't hurt.

Offline JulieD

• Reiki Lightworker- Wiccan Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • Senior Contributor
    • Macedon Ranges Olde Town Tours
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2007, 08:51:51 PM »
I have been on the Boggo Rd tour with him.  I thought he was great.

Look for the light in everyone you meet.
You may be the only person that ever sees it.

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2007, 09:06:24 PM »
I think the whole can't take a camera thing is rot as well. Unless their are artifacts affcted by the flash of course.

Many places overseas now charge you an amount per camera and per video camera on top of admission. They make up the money you used to have to spend ont he postcards because they wouldn't let you take cameras in at all so you HAD to buy the postcard.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline woodnu

• Junior Contributor
  • Life is what you make of it.
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2007, 08:58:30 PM »
They say you can take a camera for photos but no video cameras or voice recorders...... :-(
woodnu

Offline Miss Lindsay

• Initiate
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2007, 03:00:37 PM »
As the Tour Manager of Ghost Tours I will set this stragiht:

You are allowed to take cameras and take as many photos as you want - just not while the host is talking as it is distracting to the host and other clients on the tour.

We used to allow videoing as well on tours, but were burned very badly by several clients filming our tours and posting them all over the web. One client even used the material he filmed of our tour to start his own tour with our copyrighted scripts.

It has nothing to do with the sites being 'kept for us on our own'

Samina_Pumpkin: Mr Sim is looking forward to the Haunted Brisbane coming up. I'm sure you will get a good performance and hear some great stories.

Offline GaryTheDemon

• Wordsmith
  • Global Moderator
  • Senior Contributor
  • Look behind you. Now!
    • Videoscape Productions
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2007, 08:42:43 PM »
i can't come (well, it's too far at the moment anyway) but if I can bring my still camera then I'd be happy.  If the video was a no-no then I'd try to arrange either a guarentee of personal use only exemption OR some arrangement to produce a marketable video in conjunction with the operators.  (But to be honest I prefer stills most of the time anyway, so being able to take them would satisfy me.)

Thanks for the clarification Miss Lindsay.

If you cannot love, then at least don't hate.
If you cannot help, then at least don't hurt.

Offline jersey

• Centurion
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2008, 12:18:45 PM »
I wish some of these tours were further north, nearer to us. Merrick,Saturn and I will have to get together and make our own tour for around our area lol.

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal