Author Topic: Queen Victoria Hospital  (Read 22187 times)

Offline Chris

• Senior Contributor
Re: Queen Victoria Hospital
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2007, 07:24:20 PM »
Well said catseyes...no upset here at all, don't worry about that.
I am well and truly healed from my childhood experiences, have dealt with quite a lot over the last 8 years or so...and in fact has made me pursue a career in helping others in similar traumatic circumstances...
May God bless you all....

Offline lotsakids

• Super Sleuth
  • Team Researcher
  • Senior Contributor
    • Poppets Place
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2007, 07:28:08 PM »
Good on you Chris..hey while you lived up this way [kadina] did you hear any interesting stories of places being haunted etc??..just curious because there are quite a few around..janine

One day my light went out, but was blown again into flame by an encounter with some wonderful people I call friends. I owe the deepest thanks to those who have rekindled this inner light...
[inspired by Albert Schweitzer]

Offline Chris

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2007, 07:39:23 PM »
I think the main areas are the mines areas...there is this church somewhere near the skimp heaps in Moonta mines, its white from memory, thats supposed to be "haunted"...
We bought a house in Maitland that no locals would buy as it was known as "haunted"...we bought it did it up and even though I was suspicious of a presence there - they were happy with our family...In fact we were the first family (with kids) to live in this 110 year old home - before us it was owned by 3 sisters who were (for want of a better word) Spinsters. The last dying on the front verandah, and apparently laid dead there for several days before being discovered. This house was all by itself on about 40 acres or so of land, so its not like there were close neighbours.
At first there was strange noises and "feelings". When we bought it it was a "dead feeling" house - once we started doing it up, and after we kept the house in the original keeping and colours, it came to life - it was a warm and kind house...I have pics somewhere....

Offline Chris

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2007, 07:55:27 PM »
I have the pictures of that house....

First one was when we purchased it - the day we moved in, it was a very unfriendly house, to say the least...

The second picture is about 6 months later - same house VERY different attitude towards us...

« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 07:57:36 PM by Chris »

Offline Chris

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2007, 08:11:45 PM »
When you look at the two pictures it is beyond just paint that made the difference...if you look carefully at the first one, you may be able to see some spirits looking on, as we believe we can...

check out in the doorway...and to the left of the doorway on the side pane of glass and also on the verandah on the stone - we did not clean nor touch the stone...it changed.
and also the windows do not reflect light in the first one, but in the second one they reflect...
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 08:13:02 PM by Chris »

Offline scaredycat

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2007, 08:19:27 PM »
you have done a beautiful job with this house, it makes a difference that the house is bathed in lovely bright sunlight, you have done the history proud.

I love houses like this, well done

Scaredy
Ability is what you're capable of doing...
Motivation determines what you do...
Attitude determines how well you do it. ~ Herman de Zwaan

Offline lotsakids

• Super Sleuth
  • Team Researcher
  • Senior Contributor
    • Poppets Place
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2007, 08:52:04 PM »
The house definately looks happier in the second photo. great job, well done. I love old houses, ours is 140 yrs old and has a happy feel to it, needs lots of work still..

I think you are talking of the methodist church around the corner from us, its a big white one, fabulous building, holds 1200 people and the mine managers used to sit up the back and take note of who wasnt at church on sundays..lol.. I havent been in there yet, every time I have wanted to go for a look its been closed..lol.

I have a thread here somewhere, in the paranormal portal I think that has some of the local ghost stories that people have told me in it..called 'local ghost stories'..lol..

One day my light went out, but was blown again into flame by an encounter with some wonderful people I call friends. I owe the deepest thanks to those who have rekindled this inner light...
[inspired by Albert Schweitzer]

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
  • Felineous caticus pusspuss
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2007, 12:32:17 AM »
Chris, first photo, with looking at the screen, the window on my right.  Definately a female spirit there.  It really pops at me.
You have done a great job with the house!  I would almost kill to live in a place like that!

Offline Sas

• Green Witch
  • Senior Contributor
  • Each to their Own, so long as it harm None
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2007, 12:09:53 PM »
Beautiful Job on the house Chris, if i were the spirits i would be happy with you too !! :D
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
~ Les Brown.

Offline Alison - PFI

• Newcomer
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2008, 09:17:41 AM »
I had my daughter at that hospital, it had closed down though by the time I had my son.  I have to say the hospital had a wonderful feel to it.  I am sure if there were energies there, there was probably only good.  All that happy energy of children being born must have something to do with it.

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal