Author Topic: Lurkers  (Read 36486 times)

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
    • http://www.spookspotters.com.au
Lurkers
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2006, 01:30:11 PM »
Hi Bigbird,
no it is not for people who come on and are known to us. It's not for people who come and read and post only a few times. It is for people who have had accounts for months and post nothing at all and are on here all the time to basically gain information on our work and events to use the information against us in some fashion as we have had see happen recently. We know you, your cool. No worries.

Christine
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline Bigbird

• Centurion
Lurkers
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2006, 01:47:46 PM »
thanks christine nice to be known ..i think..great to be cool..hope you catch the  rotten worm
want to live forever dont want to miss a thing.

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
Lurkers
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2006, 01:50:57 PM »
We banned quite a few people yesterday as well as inactive accounts. Hopefully that will fix the problem.
Thanks
Christine
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
Re: Lurkers
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2008, 03:29:44 PM »
This thread needs to resurface.
Douglas Adams

Offline Sas

• Green Witch
  • Senior Contributor
  • Each to their Own, so long as it harm None
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2008, 03:01:25 PM »
Damn Straight skippy I put up Another thread in another area just to log the lurking guests, as i didnt have time to check each ip addie sorry.
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
~ Les Brown.

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
  • Felineous caticus pusspuss
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2008, 03:07:18 PM »
People need to realize that we want them to post.

Though some of us have known each other for ages, we aren't 'clicky'  and hope you don't see us that way.

Everyones thoughts and opinions are as valuable as anyone else's....so please post and let us read yours!

Offline Sas

• Green Witch
  • Senior Contributor
  • Each to their Own, so long as it harm None
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2008, 03:16:32 PM »
WELL Said CE's !!!!!!
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
~ Les Brown.

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2008, 12:45:26 PM »
I agree. And if people feel out of their comfort zone with the paranormal stuff (although they are on a paranormal forum after all) then they can post up a news article, or participate in a game etc.

There are plenty of options. When someone is spending 24 hours on here and has 30 posts, you have to wonder what they are up to.

Our figures tell us for every 1 hour on here people average 11 posts.
Douglas Adams

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2009, 09:05:35 PM »
There are still alot of people on here that have spent 5 hours and more online without introducing themselves or placing any posts. After 2 hours our system triggers a person as a possible lurker and we generally send a PM asking them to introduce themselves. When they do not we start to get suspicious. A couple of hours should be sufficient time to feel comfortable enough to say hello to us.

Similarly if you have spent more than 12 hours online and have less than 50 posts, we start asking questions. We have an average number of posts per hour spent online that gives us an indication as to who is lurking anf who is participating.
Douglas Adams

Offline Christine

• Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2009, 03:09:40 PM »
Hello forum friends,

We have noticed an increase, in fact a marked increase in people coming to the forum and reading for hours but not posting one single thing.

This leads to issues because if everyone did this, there would be nothing to read due to no-one posting.

It would be great if you enjoy reading the forum you posted so others who also enjoy reading the forum would have something to read.

Without posters, the forum becomes a lifeless place.

Cheers
Christine
Douglas Adams

Offline catseyes

• Cryptocat
  • Spookspotter Team
  • Senior Contributor
  • Felineous caticus pusspuss
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2009, 03:28:01 PM »
Why not stop in and introduce yourselves?   We would love to hear of any experiences you may have had, or even what first got you into the paranormal in the first place

Offline Salt Breeze

• Sea Mystic
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2009, 05:31:08 PM »
...... or you might have just received an email of the latest joke doing the rounds..... that you could post in the 'Lighten Your Load' section. 

Offline lotsakids

• Super Sleuth
  • Team Researcher
  • Senior Contributor
    • Poppets Place
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2009, 06:07:31 PM »
or if you have been away for a while..do an "i'm back!, did you miss me?post"..we'd like to be able to welcome you back if you have been away..

One day my light went out, but was blown again into flame by an encounter with some wonderful people I call friends. I owe the deepest thanks to those who have rekindled this inner light...
[inspired by Albert Schweitzer]

Offline GaryTheDemon

• Wordsmith
  • Global Moderator
  • Senior Contributor
  • Look behind you. Now!
    • Videoscape Productions
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2009, 06:48:38 PM »
You only get back what you put in.

If you cannot love, then at least don't hate.
If you cannot help, then at least don't hurt.

Offline rainman

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2009, 01:42:26 AM »
I agree with all of the above.

Drop in and say hello. Don't be shy.... :)

SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal